Wow 99 cent grocery stores in the US now!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Winston
Site Admin

Wow 99 cent grocery stores in the US now!

Post by Winston »

Guess what? Vegas now has these 99 cent grocery stores now where everything is 99 cents or less! Before, such dollar stores only sold miscellaneous non-food items. But now they have entire grocery stores with produce, fruits and vegetables, meat, general foot items, etc.

The other day, I stocked up on a ton of food to last me a long time, for just 15 dollars! Wow what a bargain! What a steal!

I guess this means that this area of cost of living in the US has gone down now. Even the poorest people in the US can get a lot of food at these 99 cent grocery stores. These prices even beat Walmart now. They even beat many of the food prices in the Philippines too! I wonder how they can afford to charge 99 cents for so many food items. I even got a lot of healthy fruits and vegetables there.

I don't know if other parts of the US have them. But they are certainly on the rise in Vegas, so that now, even poor people with no work can eat well from such stores.

Do you have them in your state too? If so, you should check them out. There are a lot of bargains on many things there, both food and non-food items, that are useful and worth getting.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Wow 99 cent grocery stores in the US now!

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Guess what? Vegas now has these 99 cent grocery stores now where everything is 99 cents or less! Before, such dollar stores only sold miscellaneous non-food items. But now they have entire grocery stores with produce, fruits and vegetables, meat, general foot items, etc.

The other day, I stocked up on a ton of food to last me a long time, for just 15 dollars! Wow what a bargain! What a steal!

I guess this means that this area of cost of living in the US has gone down now. Even the poorest people in the US can get a lot of food at these 99 cent grocery stores. These prices even beat Walmart now. They even beat many of the food prices in the Philippines too! I wonder how they can afford to charge 99 cents for so many food items. I even got a lot of healthy fruits and vegetables there.

I don't know if other parts of the US have them. But they are certainly on the rise in Vegas, so that now, even poor people with no work can eat well from such stores.

Do you have them in your state too? If so, you should check them out. There are a lot of bargains on many things there, both food and non-food items, that are useful and worth getting.
These 99 cents stores are very popular and common in Los Angeles area.

You know USA is a shoppers paradise. Not only can u find all kinds of value for money decent stuff for next to nothing. But you can also return things. Like in Costco it's like 3 months return policy, even for stuff like laptops and computers. Walmart is 1-3 months for most stuff. There is no place I know of for shopping like the USA. Here in Makati, I had to run all over the place to find a few damn bath towels and ended up having to spend like US$15 per per piece and they are of terrible quality. The good ole USA may suck for finding work these days. But if you have some money to spend, it's full of fantastic bargains for about anything under the sun as long as it's produced in a factory, not a human service.
thatkid1
Freshman Poster

Post by thatkid1 »

you been living under a rock winston lmao thats been around FOR YEARS lol
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

More like UNDER the influence of drugs and ish. ;-)
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Rock wrote:You know USA is a shoppers paradise. Not only can u find all kinds of value for money decent stuff for next to nothing. But you can also return things. Like in Costco it's like 3 months return policy, even for stuff like laptops and computers. Walmart is 1-3 months for most stuff. There is no place I know of for shopping like the USA. Here in Makati, I had to run all over the place to find a few damn bath towels and ended up having to spend like US$15 per per piece and they are of terrible quality. The good ole USA may suck for finding work these days. But if you have some money to spend, it's full of fantastic bargains for about anything under the sun as long as it's produced in a factory, not a human service.
I also know that America is a shopping paradise. The best things about America is that it's the best country for shopping, there is no VAT or online sales tax (with some exceptions). Aside from that I can't think of what other positive things that America has that other countries don't.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:Guess what? Vegas now has these 99 cent grocery stores now where everything is 99 cents or less! Before, such dollar stores only sold miscellaneous non-food items. But now they have entire grocery stores with produce, fruits and vegetables, meat, general foot items, etc.

I think Winston may be referring to a specific excellent version of the concept known as 99cent Only
stores, and he is right, there are excellent and a good cut above all the others with their wide food selections. If you have these in your area, you can really save some money with them.

Outwest
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Tsar wrote:
Rock wrote:You know USA is a shoppers paradise. Not only can u find all kinds of value for money decent stuff for next to nothing. But you can also return things. Like in Costco it's like 3 months return policy, even for stuff like laptops and computers. Walmart is 1-3 months for most stuff. There is no place I know of for shopping like the USA. Here in Makati, I had to run all over the place to find a few damn bath towels and ended up having to spend like US$15 per per piece and they are of terrible quality. The good ole USA may suck for finding work these days. But if you have some money to spend, it's full of fantastic bargains for about anything under the sun as long as it's produced in a factory, not a human service.
I also know that America is a shopping paradise. The best things about America is that it's the best country for shopping, there is no VAT or online sales tax (with some exceptions). Aside from that I can't think of what other positive things that America has that other countries don't.
Two other things America is good for:

1. Nature, national parks and landscapes. There are many beautiful fresh open landscapes, beautiful mountains and desert canyons in the Southwest and Colorado. The nature in this area is very beautiful, spiritual and unparalleled. Nothing in Asia or Europe compares to it. Drive around Colorado or Utah and you'll see what I mean. Or watch Wild West movies.

2. Money making opportunities. If you succeed in business or investments, you can make a lot of money and retire somewhere else.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, is the food at 99 cent grocery stores safe to eat? Where are they from? Why are there many brands in those stores that you never see anywhere else?

Also how can they afford to give away so much food for 99 cents? There are even whole cereal boxes and dried cranberry packs for 99 cents.

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:Btw, is the food at 99 cent grocery stores safe to eat? Where are they from? Why are there many brands in those stores that you never see anywhere else?

Also how can they afford to give away so much food for 99 cents? There are even whole cereal boxes and dried cranberry packs for 99 cents.

99cents Only stores are liquidators- they can often sell things at less than original wholesale
because they buy closeouts, overstock/oversupply/ or foods with a freshness date approaching.
Producers or wholesalers would rather cash it out for a few cents on the dollar to 99Cents Only
than have to throw the food away if they hold onto it. Likewise, if you are a producer and you have
far too much of something than what you have orders for- you need to move it urgently, even at
a loss, or in a week or two it might be spoiled and then all you have is spoiled food you have to pay
to dispose of, which increases your loss even further.