Chicago vs Los Angeles dating scenes for a 30 yr-old male

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Chicago vs Los Angeles dating scenes for a 30 yr-old male

Post by fightforlove »

Hello!

Have any of you lived in 1 or both of these cities? How would you compare the single women?

I am native midwestern guy, 30, caucasian, I've been living in the Los Angeles suburbs for the past few years, but now thinking about moving to Chicago suburbs for a job, cheaper living costs and get back close to family and old friends. My experience is that So Cal is chock-full of women, but its tough if you don't find the right social circle, and when you do meet someone it involves a lot of driving!! :twisted: :D

Chicago seems like a TRUE city, a happening downtown district, transportation, skyscrappers,... some people have told me that the dating scene is great for men. However, I've also heard that there are designated "singles" neighborhoods limited to the downtown/north side which are full of some really bitchy mid-20s white women and that the suburbs are pretty much reflective of the white-bread midwest, i.e. no single attractive women. Can anyone confirm or refute this for me? So Cal is nice in that you can find single 20s-30s people everywhere: city, burbs and small towns! And since if you throw a rock in the air you a pretty girl in the head in So Cal, you can find lots of thin, reasonably attractive girls minus the attitude (its simple economics).

So, how about Chicago? I'm not going to be living in the core of the city since my work will probably be in the 'burbs and I'm not particularly fond of immature/hipster dating scenes anyways, but I also don't want to find myself stuck in some dull suburb surrounded by 300-pounders and divorcees with 3 kids. Can you Chicagoans break down your city and particularly its suburbs and help me figure this out?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Chicago vs Los Angeles dating scenes for a 30 yr-old mal

Post by jamesbond »

fightforlove wrote:Have any of you lived in 1 or both of these cities? How would you compare the single women?

I am native midwestern guy, 30, caucasian, I've been living in the Los Angeles suburbs for the past few years, but now thinking about moving to Chicago suburbs for a job, cheaper living costs and get back close to family and old friends. My experience is that So Cal is chock-full of women, but its tough if you don't find the right social circle, and when you do meet someone it involves a lot of driving!! :twisted: :D

Chicago seems like a TRUE city, a happening downtown district, transportation, skyscrappers,... some people have told me that the dating scene is great for men. However, I've also heard that there are designated "singles" neighborhoods limited to the downtown/north side which are full of some really bitchy mid-20s white women and that the suburbs are pretty much reflective of the white-bread midwest, i.e. no single attractive women. Can anyone confirm or refute this for me?

So, how about Chicago? I'm not going to be living in the core of the city since my work will probably be in the 'burbs and I'm not particularly fond of immature/hipster dating scenes anyways, but I also don't want to find myself stuck in some dull suburb surrounded by 300-pounders and divorcees with 3 kids. Can you Chicagoans break down your city and particularly its suburbs and help me figure this out?
Hello my friend, I live in the Chicago area and have my whole life. I live in the suburbs but do go into the city occassionally. I am very familiar with the north side of the city where most of the single people live. Lincoln Park, Wriglyville and Lakeview are all very popular neighborhoods for single people in the city of Chicago.

Living the suburbs is death to your social life, however it is cheaper to live in the suburbs than it is to live in the city. Here in the suburbs, all you will meet are married women and single mothers. Chicago is known as one of the "fattest cities in America" which means you will meet a lot of overweight women. The women who are not overweight, are getting asked out by guys left and right. :shock:

All of the suburbs are basicaly the same, meaning few single women and lot's of married women and single mothers. For the city of Chicago, I read that there are quite a few more single men than single women. So the competition for women in pretty steep, since there is a surplus of single men. Thankfully, Chicago has quite a few immigrants (especially from Poland) so your best bet is try and meet a foreign girl.

If you need anymore info on what areas are best to live in the Chicago area let me know.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

jamesbond wrote: Hello my friend, I live in the Chicago area and have my whole life. I live in the suburbs but do go into the city occassionally. I am very familiar with the north side of the city where most of the single people live. Lincoln Park, Wriglyville and Lakeview are all very popular neighborhoods for single people in the city of Chicago.

Living the suburbs is death to your social life, however it is cheaper to live in the suburbs than it is to live in the city. Here in the suburbs, all you will meet are married women and single mothers. Chicago is known as one of the "fattest cities in America" which means you will meet a lot of overweight women. The women who are not overweight, are getting asked out by guys left and right. :shock:

All of the suburbs are basicaly the same, meaning few single women and lot's of married women and single mothers. For the city of Chicago, I read that there are quite a few more single men than single women. So the competition for women in pretty steep, since there is a surplus of single men. Thankfully, Chicago has quite a few immigrants (especially from Poland) so your best bet is try and meet a foreign girl.

If you need anymore info on what areas are best to live in the Chicago area let me know.

Not what the OP was hoping to hear, but what he needed to hear.
:lol:
I love an honest report.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

jamesbond wrote:
fightforlove wrote:Have any of you lived in 1 or both of these cities? How would you compare the single women?

Chicago seems like a TRUE city, a happening downtown district, transportation, skyscrappers,... some people have told me that the dating scene is great for men. However, I've also heard that there are designated "singles" neighborhoods limited to the downtown/north side which are full of some really bitchy mid-20s white women and that the suburbs are pretty much reflective of the white-bread midwest, i.e. no single attractive women. Can anyone confirm or refute this for me?

Hello my friend, I live in the Chicago area and have my whole life. I live in the suburbs but do go into the city occassionally. I am very familiar with the north side of the city where most of the single people live. Lincoln Park, Wriglyville and Lakeview are all very popular neighborhoods for single people in the city of Chicago.

It's funny you say that because Mexican-American BBWs are the easiest women in the Chicagoland area to bed! They are very beddable! I lived in Jeff Pk (Jefferson Park) off of the CTA blue line, and Latinas loved coming to my house because they knew that it was one of the safest neighborhoods in Chicago!

I was thinking of going back there because SharePoint is ubiquitously in demand in the USA. Like they say in Spanish, "El tiempo dira".
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Jester wrote:
jamesbond wrote: Hello my friend, I live in the Chicago area and have my whole life. I live in the suburbs but do go into the city occassionally. I am very familiar with the north side of the city where most of the single people live. Lincoln Park, Wriglyville and Lakeview are all very popular neighborhoods for single people in the city of Chicago.

I love an honest report.
Yeah, this is exactly what I've heard from a few Chicagoans who moved out here to Southern Cal. Sad to hear, since Chicago is otherwise a very cool city. I've gravitated towards meeting women online lately, so it doesn't matter to me if my immediate surrounding neighborhood is mud for finding girls. Although I had one former Chicagoan tell me that the hot babes in Wrigleyville/Wicker/Lincoln Park are so stuck up that they won't even date you if you live out in the suburbs. :roll: What a bunch of elitist hipster shitheads!

E_Irizarry: LOL! My brother lives in Chicago and is rocking a white-hispanic babe right now. We also met a flirty Mexican BBW at a super market last time I was in town. I hear there's more Asian-Americans moving into Chicago now also; perhaps a more diverse composition of women including more feminine latinas and asians will straighten out the uppidy whites/blacks and make for a better dating scene as a whole for this city.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 20th, 2013, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

fightforlove wrote:
Jester wrote:

I love an honest report.
Yeah, this is exactly what I've heard from a few Chicagoans who moved out here to Southern Cal. Sad to hear, since Chicago is otherwise a very cool city. I've gravitated towards meeting women online lately, so it doesn't matter to me if my immediate surrounding neighborhood is mud for finding girls. Although I had one former Chicagoan tell me that the hot babes in Wrigleyville/Wicker/Lincoln Park are so stuck up that they won't even date you if you live out in the suburbs. :roll: What a bunch of elitist hipster shitheads!

E_Irizarry: LOL! My brother lives in Chicago and is rocking a white-hispanic babe right now. We also met a flirty Mexican BBW at a super market last time I was in town. I hear there's more Asian-Americans moving into Chicago now also; perhaps a more diverse composition of women including more feminine latinas and asians will straighten out the uppidy whites/blacks and make for a better dating scene as a whole for this city.
Yeah I hope. A lot of Viet-Am p***y in NW Chicago, too. DC-MD-Va has a lot of Azn-Am booty, too. Mostly Korean and Viet type of Azn-Am in No. Va.

Stay the f**k away from the westside and southside/Gary, Indiana border....the Black suburbs suck there. But only go there for the soul food buffets! Cheap and good as f**k! Ask All_That_Is_Man, he knows about Chicago Black southside. Northside of the CTA Red line have a lot of Azn-Am's too (e.g. Filipina-Am women, etc.)

Southwest side is Mexican ese's Central out the arse (the CTA orange line) I never had any of them roll up on me to try to f**k me up. Pulaski Hwy isn't bad because I go through there not looking for trouble.

I"m glad your brother is bedding that babe right now. She's probably pale white complexioned (due to the 9-month winters up there!) and they love f***ing because it gets cold and lonely in Chicago in the winter!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Are any of you guys also familiar with Southern California? Most of the girls that I've dated out here have been laid-back asian-americans from the suburbs. L.A. city is full of these sleazy liberal wannabe-artist type girls from Okiebadoke, USA. Suburban Cali girls are pretty moderate and feminine, though.

I hear that Chicago (city) attracts alot of transplanted feminazis, hipsters, etc. while it appears the 'burbs are pretty dead. Is there any middle ground here? Is this where the Asian, Hispanic and Eastern European immigrant babes come in to play and in what parts of the city are they plentiful?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 20th, 2013, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

eurobrat wrote:E_lrizary

How sad has the dating scene become in America when we start getting excited over BBW's?

That being said I still like SoCal lifestyle over Chicago. Chicago is nice that you don't have to own a car, so that will save you money right their. SoCal has better people overall, better variety of food, and of course better weather.

It depends on the type of person you are and what you love out of life.
Speak for yourself, 'brat, I have been dating BBWs and SSBBWs since '93....before they became feminized. Trust me, I was on the bandwagon of when BBWs would date me JUST on the strength of me acknowledging their presence in a sincere manner!!!

Even you men who relish BBWs admit one thing: that they suck a mean dick.

I like my dick sucked, dude! LOL :O)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

It's official I am moving to Chicago. I am going to be working in Gurnee (Lake County suburbs). Where should I live? Any recommendations?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I live in So Cal and this is what I think of downtown LA:

Versus, say, South OC:

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 20th, 2013, 10:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

fightforlove wrote:Hello!

Have any of you lived in 1 or both of these cities? How would you compare the single women?

Chicago seems like a TRUE city, a happening downtown district, transportation, skyscrappers,... some people have told me that the dating scene is great for men. However, I've also heard that there are designated "singles" neighborhoods limited to the downtown/north side which are full of some really bitchy mid-20s white women and that the suburbs are pretty much reflective of the white-bread midwest, i.e. no single attractive women. Can anyone confirm or refute this for me? So Cal is nice in that you can find single 20s-30s people everywhere: city, burbs and small towns! And since if you throw a rock in the air you a pretty girl in the head in So Cal, you can find lots of thin, reasonably attractive girls minus the attitude (its simple economics).

I live in the Shitcagoland region, and although I have never been to California before, I wouldn't wish midwest American females on my worst enemy, even with a gun to my head. Between the two, choose Los Angeles just on general principle and conventional wisdom alone. Furthermore, I really can't fathom how men complain about American women at all if they don't live in either Illinois or the midwest in general, and have dealt with these females. You can't even lower your standards here because every female here is a money-hungry, butch, fear-mongering, thug cum dumpster who despises all men yet they all have husbands or steady boyfriends. Even I was getting regular attention when I was traveling anywhere away from the midwest (New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, Utah, etc.). I still scratch my head when I hear of men living in a college town on the west coast who can't find one woman...

I'm sure eurobrat can equally confirm that feminazi traits are prevalent among females in the midwest and not nearly as bad elsewhere.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 20th, 2013, 10:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.