Reminder: Americans have lost touch with reality

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Reminder: Americans have lost touch with reality

Post by odbo »

Short documentary on the "Stand your ground" law

It's common sense that if you're in your car and someone tries to start trouble or punch you, you just step on the gas. But a lot Americans these days would readily kill someone over a minor confrontation. It shows they have psychopathic tenancies and severe cowardice and stupidity behind the tough-guy persona.

People in the "land of the free and home of the brave" have lost their minds. It's not just some crackheads in a few urban hotspots anymore. You can't avoid problems when the general population is devolving into something out of "Idiocracy" right in front of your eyes.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I believe in stand your ground laws. A person shouldn't have to try to run away before he can defend himself. And a person who defends his life shouldn't then have to go bankrupt trying to prove that he did the right thing. What about the other side? How many lives have been saved by stand your ground? In one point of the video, the lower-class skanky mother of a man killed after he attacked another innocent man, said the innocent man should have taken the beating instead of shooting her son. That's the spirit behind opposition to self defense laws. An innocent person should be allowed to defend himself and shouldn't have to be beat up to prove he did the right thing. The leftist collectivists don't believe in the right of an individual to defend himself.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

MrPeabody wrote:I believe in stand your ground laws. A person shouldn't have to try to run away before he can defend himself.
Who said anything about running away? Step on the gas and DRIVE away. Diffusing a situation, especially one you started, by driving 10 yards is not harder than pulling out a gun and killing someone.

Shooting an unarmed person is not "self defense". That is not even an eye for an eye. If you get sucker punched from behind and don't want to fight back, call the cops and 9 times out of 10 the person who assulted you will get convicted and receive a prison sentence. There is no justification for shooting someone when there are other options, (like showing them you have a gun!).
MrPeabody wrote:In one point of the video, the lower-class skanky mother of a man killed after he attacked another innocent man, said the innocent man should have taken the beating instead of shooting her son. That's the spirit behind opposition to self defense laws.
This "innocent man" grabbed his handgun, got on his motorcycle and went looking for a speeding car to report. Another thing I hate about America, everyone wants to be a cop. One of the guys at that house was understandably annoyed by this overzealous prepubescent hall monitor and snapped, probably due to alcohol. In a perfect society the snitch fully deserved to get his ass kicked but that didn't happen because he had a gun. Being a trigger-happy piece of shit simply flashing the gun to end the fight wasn't enough, he went ahead and killed a man and now according to our warped society and emasculated simps like you HE is the victim.

The law is flawed and defends aggressors as much as victims. Who do you think starts trouble on the street? Do you think good citizens (grown adults) start bullying others out of the blue? No.. niggers, gang-bangers, douchebags on steroids and sick in the head armed Deer Hunter/Taxi Driver-esque creeps (like that Afghan-vet) start altercations. Well with this law they're free to kill you in "self defense" as soon as they 'feel threatened' by you taking a step in their direction and retorting one of their insults.

Who the f**k follows another car and then acts surprised when the other person is mad? Only in America can an armed civilian following an unarmed person be a victim, especially when they end up killing the man. I didn't mean to focus on this law in my original post but since you brought it up I put my 2 cents in.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

You can't come up with one solution for every situation. Stepping on the gas and driving away may work in one situation but not another. The point of stand your ground is to give the victim his full options of what to do at the moment to protect himself without being second guessed or sent to jail because he didn't do it the right way. However, I agree that there should be some clause that makes it clear that pursuing people is not self defense.