Are Southern women more friendly and less racist?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
Winston
Site Admin

Are Southern women more friendly and less racist?

Post by Winston »

Someone on my list told me this below regarding Southern women in the US. If this is true, maybe I should relocate to the South?
"Yes, I think a higher percentage of them are perfectly willing to date Asian guys. There the racial hierarchies are different, as you can imagine. My ex is from Texas, and although she was not your typical Southerner in all ways ( i.e., not a bible-thumping Republican), she had a lot of respect for Asian cultures, and I think she really enjoyed the fact that I could pass for being half-Asian. The funny thing is, in the South, I remember my black friends telling me that they preferred to be there, since they knew who the racists were and weren't because subtle racism (which is easy to pick up on if you're in attuned to it) could still be out in the open there. I think that just once again highlights how fake, and hence socially confusing, the North can be sometimes.

I showed your "four major things" e-mail to my ex, and she also agreed with 1-3, but she said that you needed to come to the South so you could see how #4 is not really true everywhere in the US. I tend to agree with her. "
My last American ex was from Tennessee and was very friendly, down to earth and easy to talk to. I met her at a Wiccan group. Meeting her was very natural. I also met this other girl from Tennessee when I lived in Nevada while I was doing acting work. She was also very friendly, easy to befriend and hang out with as well. Are they typical of Tennessee women?

Are Southern women really more friendly, natural and approachable than on the West Coast?