El Paso, Texas - The least American city

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Jester wrote:FSchmidt please re-read Falcon's post - your comment here seems confusing

Youre saying that there essentially IS no culture in CJ?
Falcon didn't say anything about culture in CJ.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Fschmidt,
I'm near White Sands, NM now. I can go to El Paso tomorrow. It's on the way to Carlsbad Caverns. Are you free tomorrow? We can meet for lunch or dinner and then talk about going to CJ. Let's discuss it by PM. I'll PM you.

So why are you in El Paso? Do you have a wife there? Have you been to CJ before?

Does CJ have a red light district?

gsjackson, why are you so scared of Mexico? Both Falcon and MarkLambo have been there many times and told me that it's perfectly safe. I did go to Tijuana before and the vibe there felt very dangerous. It felt lawless, like anything goes.

Btw, New Mexico is nice. Prices are a bit cheaper here than in the rest of the Southwest. The towns have a laid back vibe. The girls look relaxed and laid back too, especially the Mexican girls. However, the towns don't look modern. They look a bit ghetto and outdated.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This link makes Ciudad Juarez sound very dangerous:
http://blogs.reuters.com/global/2010/06 ... ad-juarez/

But this link makes it sound wild and fun:
http:// w w w. w o r l d s e x g u i d e. c o m/guide/North_America/Mexico/Juarez__El_Paso_/index.htm (remove spaces)

Which to believe?
Last edited by Winston on May 17th, 2014, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Neither because they are too old. Here are the facts:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How did they reduce crime so drastically in CJ?

Is CJ like Tijuana?

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

fschmidt wrote:
Jester wrote:FSchmidt please re-read Falcon's post - your comment here seems confusing

Youre saying that there essentially IS no culture in CJ?
Falcon didn't say anything about culture in CJ.
Juarez has plenty of culture. It's a major center for northern Mexico cowboy (vaquero/norteno) culture. Plenty of musical bands, well-known stars, and so on. I certainly saw a lot of that in Juarez.

Learn your Spanish, look deeper into the culture, and you'll see a totally different side of Juarez that's almost completely ignored by the English-language media.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Winston wrote:
fschmidt wrote:El Paso is a nice place to live because it is relatively free of Americans. But there isn't much to do here. Ciudad Juarez is across the border. That is more interesting, a normal Mexican border town like Tijuana but free of Americans. I could take you over if you are interested. I don't know much about p4p here. I work from home, so I have a flexible schedule, so I can meet you if you are interested anytime.
Isn't there cultural stuff to do in El Paso, since there's so many Mexicans there? Are the Mexican girls there approachable and easy to meet and date?

Is Ciudad Juarez a dangerous place? Steve Neese told me it was dangerous and risky to go to those border towns.

Yes I'd be interested to go there. Can you park at the border and walk across it into town or take a bus?

I can research the p4p there.
viewtopic.php?t=21491
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

El Paso TX is kind of a weird town. The downtown area is just a bunch of corporate buildings with very few people walking around. Around the downtown area are a bunch of Mexican shops on streets that look worn down and dumpy. You won't see any chain motels there unless you go to the suburban strip malls outside of town.

The city is confusing too. When you enter, you don't know where to go unless you know the area. There aren't any signs to follow that tell you where to go. Some of the freeway entrance ramps do not even tell you where they are going or the name of the freeway. Gee whiz. When you get into town, there is not even a "Welcome to El Paso" sign so I didn't even know if I was in El Paso yet. I had to stop at a gas station to find out. Weird.

The town does not seem to be geared toward tourists at all, and thus, not surprisingly, you do not see any tourists around either. I seemed to be the only one. lol

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

If I stay in the US for the rest of my life, I would rather move to El Paso because of how much I love the city. I visited El Paso six times this year, and I miss being there already.
Last edited by MattHanson1990 on August 1st, 2017, 9:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

MattHanson1990 wrote:If I stay in the US for the rest of my life, I would rather move to El Paso because of how much I love the city. I visited El Paso six times this year, and I miss being there already. My fourth visit to El Paso on April 11 of this year was the best one in my entire life; when I LEAST expected it, I met a very friendly Hispanic girl in the geological sciences building at UTEP when I was exploring the campus. Currently I live in Albuquerque, which is like the New Mexico version of El Paso but more upscale and has more diversity. Even the American girls in Albuquerque are more down to earth compared to the most American places like California.

From my experience, Albuquerque NM, El Paso TX, and Tucson AZ are the three least American cities. Tucson gives of a similar vibe to that of El Paso being that it's 30 miles from the border, and Albuquerque is a mixture of different cultures, mostly Anglo, Hispanic, and Native American.
Even though my mongering in CJ was sub-par, I was still impressed by how non-chola-looking the women are there in Ciudad Juarez and LPTX (El Paso). Most of the cholas you see stateside working in 3-4-star hotels and living in predominantly-Hispanic neighborhoods are from southern Mexico. There are a lot of light-skinned Mexican women in other parts of MX. If the cholas in southern Mexico are candid to dating me without making me jump through hoops for their p.ussy like the Americanized ones here, then I'll start checking out southern Mexico. However right now, I am interested in every part of MX but the southern part.

When I was on a f.uck spree in Chicago back in the mid-2000s, the Mexican women I was d.icking down had roots from central and northern Mexico. I want to get back to that.

Can anybody on here tell me where the most BBWs are concentrated in Mexico? From pictures I've seen online, most of them leave it natural down there, and that's beyond sexy-as-f.uck. :-)
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

E_Irizarry wrote:Keep talking about it and business might pop up there and make it into another California.

Some things should be PM'ed. ;-)
I seriously doubt many people will be moving anytime soon to El Paso. It's mostly non-white which is too much for most lily white Americans. Plus it's pretty isolated and hardly a job mecca.
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

From experience, another not-so-American city is Miami, Florida.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

This past Thursday, I went down to El Paso, and one of the purposes of the trip was I was invited to join the UTEP InterVarsity large group; a lot of the people from the UTEP InterVarsity (IV) chapter I met at the Great Escape retreat held just outside of Capitan, NM the weekend before. All of the people in the UTEP InterVarsity are Mexican or Mexican-American, except one woman who moved to El Paso from Minnesota several years ago. I feel like the tables have turned once I met those people. And when I saw them again at UTEP last Thursday, many of them (particularly the girls) were affectionate with me; one of the girls was affectionate and it was only a matter of minutes after I met her (it has happened to me a few times before, especially meeting girls from other parts of Texas).

While I'm a non-hispanic white myself, apparently I vibed better with Mexicans and Mexican-Americans in El Paso (more with the former) compared to Americans in other parts of the U.S. Albuquerque is much more American. Even the Hispanics in Albuquerque are mostly ghetto.
Last edited by MattHanson1990 on August 1st, 2017, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Last edited by MattHanson1990 on August 1st, 2017, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MattHanson1990 wrote:San Antonio, Texas is another not-so-American city, given that most of its population is also Hispanic, and its culture is more emphasized on the Mexican part. Plus it's two hours from the border.
I have lived in both and they are completely different. The Mexicans in San Antonio are Mexican-Americans, a rather nasty hybrid. It is a kind of ghetto culture. San Antonio is horrible. El Paso is more purely Mexican culture so it is fine.