El Paso, Texas - The least American city

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

fschmidt wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:San Antonio, Texas is another not-so-American city, given that most of its population is also Hispanic, and its culture is more emphasized on the Mexican part. Plus it's two hours from the border.
I have lived in both and they are completely different. The Mexicans in San Antonio are Mexican-Americans, a rather nasty hybrid. It is a kind of ghetto culture. San Antonio is horrible. El Paso is more purely Mexican culture so it is fine.
Yes SATX Mexican Americans are more Americanized than LPTX Mexicans & LPTX Mex-Americans. That's an all-true fact. However, for 1.2M in population, SATX has a bus system (VIA) that isn't too shabby. San Antonio women there will date you if you don't have a car, and they are willing to come over on the first date to your house, which makes it less American that most other American cities. That says a lot! They don't react like "Oh no! I don't f.uck on the first date!" or "Noooo way. I don't go to no man's house on the first date." (Yeah, ignore the double negatives please. lol). So living in San Antonio was alright for me [based on the aforementioned]. I only had to move from there just to be closer to a long-term client project I was on in Springfield, VA (DC metro) earlier this year so since DC is very expensive, I have moved to Birmingham, Alabama for three months [to be only two hours away by plane from BIR to DCA]. Living in Birmingham was horrible, Frank, not SATX as much! LOL

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Last edited by MattHanson1990 on August 1st, 2017, 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:San Antonio, Texas is another not-so-American city, given that most of its population is also Hispanic, and its culture is more emphasized on the Mexican part. Plus it's two hours from the border.
I have lived in both and they are completely different. The Mexicans in San Antonio are Mexican-Americans, a rather nasty hybrid. It is a kind of ghetto culture. San Antonio is horrible. El Paso is more purely Mexican culture so it is fine.
Yes SATX Mexican Americans are more Americanized than LPTX Mexicans & LPTX Mex-Americans. That's an all-true fact. However, for 1.2M in population, SATX has a bus system (VIA) that isn't too shabby. San Antonio women there will date you if you don't have a car, and they are willing to come over on the first date to your house, which makes it less American that most other American cities. That says a lot! They don't react like "Oh no! I don't f.uck on the first date!" or "Noooo way. I don't go to no man's house on the first date." (Yeah, ignore the double negatives please. lol). So living in San Antonio was alright for me [based on the aforementioned]. I only had to move from there just to be closer to a long-term client project I was on in Springfield, VA (DC metro) earlier this year so since DC is very expensive, I have moved to Birmingham, Alabama for three months [to be only two hours away by plane from BIR to DCA]. Living in Birmingham was horrible, Frank, not SATX as much! LOL
Even though the girls in San Antonio are more Americanized, are they still down to earth and approachable compared to Las Vegas, Nevada and California? Also I heard that single women outnumber single men in both San Antonio & El Paso.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

MattHanson1990 wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
Even though the girls in San Antonio are more Americanized, are they still down to earth and approachable compared to Las Vegas, Nevada and California?
California is such a distinctly-vast animal. SF Bay Area (e.g. SF Cty. (and County although the City of SF is bigger than SF County), San Mateo, Palo Alto, vs. San H.o.,vs East Bay - same SF Bay Area!) is different from N. California (e.g. Vallejo, Fairfield, Sac, )...too big and too distinct. I`ll eventually answer your question so please bare with me: Northern California is sooooooooooooo different from LA, the 818 valley, 909 desert 'burbs vs Daygo (San Diego). In my honest opinion, I had ALMOST NO LUCK in the City of LA even though I dated one bohemian chick from Pacoima and that I d.icked-down an attractive, on the outside, Filipina-American nice-pear-shaped BBW, but on the inside, she was materialistic-as-f.uck. So stuck upppppppppppp. I had to go to Oxnard (an hour west of LA) just to date, and we didn't even have sex!!! You can keep Los Angeles.

Moving back to your question at hand, I never been to Vegas. The only time I might go there is to stuff my face because I heard they have the best buffets in the U.S. of Gay.
From the prank videos I've watched on YouTube were based on pranksters trolling people, the women there suck in Vegas.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
Even though the girls in San Antonio are more Americanized, are they still down to earth and approachable compared to Las Vegas, Nevada and California? Also I heard that single women outnumber single men in both San Antonio & El Paso.
There ought to be a rule here against speculating about places one hasn't visited. Matt, just go and see San Antonio for yourself.

By the way, this forum is intolerably slow but I still felt compelled to post my opinion on this topic. I probably won't post again until the forum speed is fixed.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

fschmidt wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:
There ought to be a rule here against speculating about places one hasn't visited. Matt, just go and see San Antonio for yourself.

By the way, this forum is intolerably slow but I still felt compelled to post my opinion on this topic. I probably won't post again until the forum speed is fixed.
Well as long as they mention the disclaimer of speculation, it's up to the reader if they want to become easily-influenced by the speculation. You have no barometer to ascertain who is speculating and/or who has actually given out a personal opinion which is a real-life event type of fact. Your rule would be idly-respected.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

fschmidt wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:

I actually did visit San Antonio before but just once, and that was January 2001, and I was in fifth grade at the time. However, I would like to revisit San Antonio sometime.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Moving back to your question at hand, I never been to Vegas. The only time I might go there is to stuff my face because I heard they have the best buffets in the U.S. of Gay.
From the prank videos I've watched on YouTube were based on pranksters trolling people, the women there suck in Vegas.
Winston has a forum about Las Vegas and what he experienced when he was there, and he said it has a very antisocial and fake culture.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re: El Paso, Texas - The least American city

Post by WorldTraveler »

Winston did you like El Paso? Did you go to Mexico for P4P? To the guys who love El Paso are the Hispanic girls eager to date white non-Hispanic guys? I don't speak Spanish. I have not found the Latin girls in South Florida to be interested in dating non-Latinos.
A_American
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by A_American »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
Even though the girls in San Antonio are more Americanized, are they still down to earth and approachable compared to Las Vegas, Nevada and California?
California is such a distinctly-vast animal. SF Bay Area (e.g. SF Cty. (and County although the City of SF is bigger than SF County), San Mateo, Palo Alto, vs. San H.o.,vs East Bay - same SF Bay Area!) is different from N. California (e.g. Vallejo, Fairfield, Sac, )...too big and too distinct. I`ll eventually answer your question so please bare with me: Northern California is sooooooooooooo different from LA, the 818 valley, 909 desert 'burbs vs Daygo (San Diego). In my honest opinion, I had ALMOST NO LUCK in the City of LA even though I dated one bohemian chick from Pacoima and that I d.icked-down an attractive, on the outside, Filipina-American nice-pear-shaped BBW, but on the inside, she was materialistic-as-f.uck. So stuck upppppppppppp. I had to go to Oxnard (an hour west of LA) just to date, and we didn't even have sex!!! You can keep Los Angeles.

Moving back to your question at hand, I never been to Vegas. The only time I might go there is to stuff my face because I heard they have the best buffets in the U.S. of Gay.
California dating scene is do or die. It doesn't matter what ethnicity, it's hard and you have to be very patient. Matthanson would not do good here in California because he's not use to the hustle of California. Also, the Mexican-American girls here are far too annoying that he would be turned off.
A_American
Freshman Poster

Post by A_American »

WorldTraveler wrote:Winston did you like El Paso? Did you go to Mexico for P4P? To the guys who love El Paso are the Hispanic girls eager to date white non-Hispanic guys? I don't speak Spanish. I have not found the Latin girls in South Florida to be interested in dating non-Latinos.
If you want the best Mexican girls, then you must LEARN SPANISH! the best Mexican girls are in Mexico and to get the best, you must be able to communicate with them. All the men who I know did well in Mexico all know Spanish (e.g Falcon). all the men who have struggled in Mexico don't know how to speak Spanish. if you don't want to learn spanish, then don't bother trolling in Mexico and stick to trolling in the USA.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

A_American wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote:Winston did you like El Paso? Did you go to Mexico for P4P? To the guys who love El Paso are the Hispanic girls eager to date white non-Hispanic guys? I don't speak Spanish. I have not found the Latin girls in South Florida to be interested in dating non-Latinos.
If you want the best Mexican girls, then you must LEARN SPANISH! the best Mexican girls are in Mexico and to get the best, you must be able to communicate with them. All the men who I know did well in Mexico all know Spanish (e.g Falcon). all the men who have struggled in Mexico don't know how to speak Spanish. if you don't want to learn spanish, then don't bother trolling in Mexico and stick to trolling in the USA.
You see what I f.ucking mean?!?!? Thank you for acknowledging!!!!!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 3rd, 2020, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re: Re:

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Last edited by MattHanson1990 on August 1st, 2017, 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Re: Re:

Post by fightforlove »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
A_American wrote:
California dating scene is do or die. It doesn't matter what ethnicity, it's hard and you have to be very patient. Matthanson would not do good here in California because he's not use to the hustle of California. Also, the Mexican-American girls here are far too annoying that he would be turned off.
Dating-wise, Illinois seems worse than California, especially in Chicago. There, the only options for decent average American men are the morbidly obese women as the hot women go after real bad boys like drug dealers, bank robbers, murderers, carjackers, etc. However, I heard the Mexican-American women in Chicagoland are easier to connect with than the white AW there.
The worst date I ever went on was with a Mexican-Am girl in Chicago (from North Chicago). Office coworker, total bitch. Could not believe the trash that came out of her mouth within 5 minutes of sitting down to lunch with her. I should have known by the company she kept. My brother also had a FWB with a Puerto Rican American woman in Chicago. Me and his best friend had little tolerance for her when she tagged along to hang with us. She treated me cold for no reason, very stuck up and had the mouth of a sailor. Thankfully, my brother has moved on. There may be some young Latin immigrant gems around Chicago, but they are likely to quickly be corrupted by their more Americanized peers.