Question about religion and girls in the Philippines.

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Question about religion and girls in the Philippines.

Post by Will N. Dowd »

If I am non-religious, or even anti-religion do you think I will have a tough time with girls in the Philippines?

I know that 95% of them at Catholics. The thing is I am anti-religious. I put this so called god in the same league as santa claus, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy. So even if I score dates with a lot of Filipina girls, will they flee once they discover I am an atheist? I always wonder about this. Will they still like me even though I am not Catholic like most of them?

Also wondering if anyone has ever seen a TV show that I saw last year about Filipina internet brides coming to BC, Canada and marrying local men. I think it was called "Am I loved" or something like that. It was absolutely fascinating. It might have on the Women's network. I want to find out what it was called and watch it again. It showed three girls and the respective men they married. One went to Prince George and married and had a kid with some 65 year old pervert living in a trailer and another married a Jehova's witness living in Greenwood and the third lived somewhere else I can't remember. It showed their lives in the Philippines and then in Canada. I think they all got divorced, or split up. Has anyone else seen it? It was really interesting, but also depressing, because their lives in the Philippines, although they were poor looked so much better than in Canada, where they had money, but looked miserable.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

No it doesn't really matter. The Catholic thing is just a tradition and facade. Most Filipinas don't even know basic Bible verses like John 3:16 and do not take their religion that seriously as some fanatical belief. To them, it's a family tradition and as long as they think "I love God and my family" that's enough to them. They aren't judgmental about your religious beliefs as long as you are nice and can afford more things than you can.

This was already discussed in another thread with the same question. See if you can find it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I can speak with some experience on this. My Colombian ex wife was also from the similar Catholic background. She knew I was skeptical about God when we married, but after marriage it really did start to irritate her. Marriage changes things. Be careful.