Tell me all about coding, digital nomadry, etc.

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Tell me all about coding,digitial nomadry etc

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Cornfed wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 6:58 am
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 6:54 am
Cornfed wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 5:19 am
I figure if you are going to make a living online you are either going to be a business owner using AI or an employee using AI on behalf of a business owner, so that is what I am focused on. If you are trying to be an employee doing employee-type things you are probably screwed, although of course there are always exceptions.
Why would business owner need Western employees at all when the A.I will do all the grunt work in the future?
He might need them to answer questions like that.
The A.I doesn't need a salary, doesn't need sleep, doesn't need to eat, doesn't need bathroom breaks, doesn't need maternity or paternity leaves, ,doesn't need health insurance, doesn't require oxygen, doesn't require any payroll taxes, doesn't get fatigued, doesn't complain, can work 24/7, can work on the weekends and holidays, doesn't need much training, doesn't quit the company, regularly get updated via patches, and if the A.I breaks I can just call in tech support from the A.I company. My question is can YOU replace the A.I? If not, then GTFO.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
kukushka
Freshman Poster

Post by kukushka »

June 14th, 2023, 7:20 am
Cornfed wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
I figure if you are going to make a living online you are either going to be a business owner using AI or an employee using AI on behalf of a business owner, so that is what I am focused on. If you are trying to be an employee doing employee-type things you are probably screwed, although of course there are always exceptions.
Why would business owner need Western employees at all when the A.I will do all the grunt work in the future?
The A.I doesn't need a salary, doesn't need sleep, doesn't need to eat, doesn't need bathroom breaks, doesn't need maternity or paternity leaves, ,doesn't need health insurance, doesn't require oxygen, doesn't require any payroll taxes, doesn't get fatigued, doesn't complain, can work 24/7, can work on the weekends and holidays, doesn't need much training, doesn't quit the company, regularly get updated via patches, and if the A.I breaks I can just call in tech support from the A.I company. My question is can YOU replace the A.I? If not, then GTFO.
do you think the vaxx is intended to cull the population in order to help curb social disruption caused by the proliferation of AI? seems like AI started rolling out in earnest like two years after the vaxx did, suspicious timing...
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

kukushka wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 7:59 am
Cornfed wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
do you think the vaxx is intended to cull the population in order to help curb social disruption caused by the proliferation of AI? seems like AI started rolling out in earnest like two years after the vaxx did, suspicious timing...
That's a good question. Maybe.. The A.I doesn't require high population..
kukushka
Freshman Poster

Post by kukushka »

June 14th, 2023, 8:02 am
kukushka wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

do you know anybody that got f***ed by the vaxx IRL? I know a handful of people that got seriously hurt by it but the majority seem perfectly fine. I think the vaxx is dangerous but its risk has been overblown. still, there could be serious long term side effects we dont know about yet...
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

kukushka wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 8:06 am
June 14th, 2023, 8:02 am
kukushka wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

do you know anybody that got f***ed by the vaxx IRL? I know a handful of people that got seriously hurt by it but the majority seem perfectly fine. I think the vaxx is dangerous but its risk has been overblown. still, there could be serious long term side effects we dont know about yet...
Two people that I knew died from heart complications. One was a 30 year old guy at an alcohol rehab. He was a son of the boss of one of our companies vendor. The other was an owner of a small moving company that did business with us. He always brought cargo that be to shipped back to Korea. they both took the vaccine. There was another vendor who took up to 4th vaccine but he said he got Covid twice in a row. He is fine now, but we never know when he will suffer heart complications.

Your right.. the risk might be overblown, but even the manufacturers doesn't know what mRNA does to human body because it is experimental and havn't gone through 4-5 years of clinical trials...No body knows what will it do to the human body.. some people die of the side effects, some don't but will die later..
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
I asked chat GPD @Natural_Born_Cynic's question, and this is what it gave me as a response... in a second or two:

"While AI and automation technologies are indeed advancing rapidly and are capable of performing many repetitive and mundane tasks, there are several reasons why business owners may still need human employees, including those from Western countries, in the future:

Creativity and Innovation: AI may excel at executing routine tasks, but it often lacks the ability to think creatively, come up with innovative solutions, and make complex judgments. Human employees, particularly those with diverse backgrounds and experiences, can provide unique perspectives and ideas that drive creativity and innovation within a business.

Complex Decision Making: Many business decisions require a deep understanding of the context, market dynamics, and customer preferences, which can be challenging for AI systems to fully comprehend. Human employees possess the ability to analyze complex situations, weigh various factors, and make nuanced decisions, especially when there is ambiguity or incomplete information.

Emotional Intelligence and Customer Service: AI may struggle with understanding and effectively responding to human emotions, which is crucial in customer service roles. Western employees, who are familiar with the cultural nuances and customer expectations of their respective regions, can provide personalized and empathetic interactions, leading to better customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Adaptability and Learning: While AI can be trained to perform specific tasks, it may struggle with adapting to new situations or tasks outside its programmed scope. Human employees possess adaptability, learning capabilities, and the capacity to acquire new skills, enabling them to tackle dynamic and evolving challenges that AI may find difficult to handle.

Trust and Relationship Building: Establishing trust and building relationships with clients, partners, and colleagues is often based on human-to-human interactions. Western employees, who share cultural similarities and can communicate effectively, may be better equipped to develop and maintain these relationships, leading to enhanced collaboration and business outcomes.

Ethical and Social Considerations: AI raises important ethical and social questions that require human oversight. Decision-making processes involving sensitive or morally complex issues, such as those related to privacy, security, and social impact, often necessitate human judgment and responsibility to ensure accountability and fairness.

It's worth noting that the extent to which AI will replace human workers in the future remains uncertain and highly dependent on the industry, task complexity, and technological advancements. However, even with increasing AI integration, human employees are likely to remain indispensable in many areas, contributing their unique capabilities and value to businesses."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I'm currently trying to use ChatGPT4 with a web interface and it still sucks, but even when they fix it, people at some level will need to work out how to apply the AI to particular tasks, at least in the short term. Thus if you are to have any hope of employment, that might be a good field to study.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

69ixine wrote:
June 13th, 2023, 2:43 pm
There are coding books for dummies and I'm getting one this week,

Web development is a great job to escape the matrix,and requires zero physical labor.you can work from overseas.

so this is my dream job,

@fschmidt said most coding is trash and he has a better system,would you share what the name of this system is?

seriousely,we should focus on this as this is the only way to escape the matrix ASAP and never come back.
My wife and I have looked into this, but we are rather busy with our normal stuff. But another way to make money is online marketing. You come up with ideas for products, etc. You get people to agree to receive emails and build an email and/or mailing list.

My wife has quite a personality, cooks well, gardens, writes and sings Christian songs, is a motivational speaker/leadership trainer/coach (has certifications for it) and does all kinds of ministry. She already had a video that got tens of thousands of hits during Covid-19. If she wanted, she could work on building a brand around herself, kind of like a Christian Rachel Ray webpage, and stuff like that, write books. She could have lists for cooking, gardening, etc. There is one Indonesian expat online who has a huge number of subscribers on YouTube.

But you don't have to do a personality-focused brand. You could do this with a product niche. Like if you were into fishing and you had people sign up to receive discounts on lures, or video games, or anything you are into.

Russell Brunsen has been successful because people watch and buy his stuff to try to make money for themselves.

The mailing lists are good because once you have it, sending out more email is basically free, and you can keep pumping products into your pipeline and making profits.

The skills might involve using a website builder, using online platforms to manage mailing lists (sometimes integrated with the mail platform), writing scripts that sell, setting up payment systems online with plugins, like to process credit cards, and coming up with products (or finding products) to sell people.

If I had to do choose between that and writing code, I'd definitely go for marketing. I remember doing a little basic programming back in the day. I remember once I made a program on my Atari that turned the screen black and then made colored triangles form in a diagonal pattern, with one triangle in front of or behind the last. This was before screen savers, but it would have made a cool one, except it stopped with an error message when it hit the end of the screen. I was messing around with picture functions and pi, and didn't even mean to make it look like that. But that was probably my greatest 'coding' achievement in Atari BASIC. I tried to copy in some code out of a magazine and could never get it to work. I'd probably mistyped a number or letter somewhere. I realized then I didn't want to be a computer programmer, not that that was my career ambition back in middle school.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

MrMan wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 9:49 am
Cornfed wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
I asked chat GPD @Natural_Born_Cynic's question, and this is what it gave me as a response... in a second or two:

"While AI and automation technologies are indeed advancing rapidly and are capable of performing many repetitive and mundane tasks, there are several reasons why business owners may still need human employees, including those from Western countries, in the future:

Creativity and Innovation: AI may excel at executing routine tasks, but it often lacks the ability to think creatively, come up with innovative solutions, and make complex judgments. Human employees, particularly those with diverse backgrounds and experiences, can provide unique perspectives and ideas that drive creativity and innovation within a business.

Complex Decision Making: Many business decisions require a deep understanding of the context, market dynamics, and customer preferences, which can be challenging for AI systems to fully comprehend. Human employees possess the ability to analyze complex situations, weigh various factors, and make nuanced decisions, especially when there is ambiguity or incomplete information.

Emotional Intelligence and Customer Service: AI may struggle with understanding and effectively responding to human emotions, which is crucial in customer service roles. Western employees, who are familiar with the cultural nuances and customer expectations of their respective regions, can provide personalized and empathetic interactions, leading to better customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Adaptability and Learning: While AI can be trained to perform specific tasks, it may struggle with adapting to new situations or tasks outside its programmed scope. Human employees possess adaptability, learning capabilities, and the capacity to acquire new skills, enabling them to tackle dynamic and evolving challenges that AI may find difficult to handle.

Trust and Relationship Building: Establishing trust and building relationships with clients, partners, and colleagues is often based on human-to-human interactions. Western employees, who share cultural similarities and can communicate effectively, may be better equipped to develop and maintain these relationships, leading to enhanced collaboration and business outcomes.

Ethical and Social Considerations: AI raises important ethical and social questions that require human oversight. Decision-making processes involving sensitive or morally complex issues, such as those related to privacy, security, and social impact, often necessitate human judgment and responsibility to ensure accountability and fairness.

It's worth noting that the extent to which AI will replace human workers in the future remains uncertain and highly dependent on the industry, task complexity, and technological advancements. However, even with increasing AI integration, human employees are likely to remain indispensable in many areas, contributing their unique capabilities and value to businesses."
Well.. that's reassuring. Thanks for putting my question on Chat GPD.

I don't mean to be an asshole , but the Chat GPD left out one thing. That is employers are ready to drop their burdensome western employees in a heartbeat when they find out that the A.I has also adapted all the cultural nuances and able to impersonate human emotions.
There will be A.I run factories and restaurants too in the future because employers find A.I with onsite tech support cheaper in the future.
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

June 14th, 2023, 7:03 am
69ixine wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 6:12 am
The best way to make money is of course,real estate.
\
Acquire money by parasiting off rentiers,since private(not personal)property is theft.

But you gotta have money to make money!
Good idea, but you have to be the one
1) screening and interviewing the tenants.
2) Responsible for paying property tax to the town.
3) Responsible for all repairs, renovations, plumbing works, and others.
4) Responsible for complying to fire safety inspections, building codes, and others.
5) If they don't pay, you have to file eviction in court but it takes a while...and you have to repeat number 1 again.

I am just saying. You can still do it if you want to, but there are risks.
On top of home health aide which makes peanuts,I guess I'll get a second job at mcdonalds and make more money,invest that money overseas,like buy an apartment or two in Manaus,and live off the rent.

Never come back to the west.marry a nice christian mestiza or indigena from the amazonas rainforest area.

that's the only way,but I gotta Grind.
scamming simps,and raking in the dough with my AI female version softcore adult pics to get HA to be a reality.

https://playgroundai.com/search?q=huge+breasts
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

69ixine wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 10:07 am
69ixine wrote:
\
Acquire money by parasiting off rentiers,since private(not personal)property is theft.

4) Responsible for complying to fire safety inspections, building codes, and others.
5) If they don't pay, you have to file eviction in court but it takes a while...and you have to repeat number 1 again.

On top of home health aide which makes peanuts,I guess I'll get a second job at mcdonalds and make more money,invest that money overseas,like buy an apartment or two in Manaus,and live off the rent.

Never come back to the west.marry a nice christian mestiza or indigena from the amazonas rainforest area.

Yep, I guess that is a good plan.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

69ixine wrote:
69ixine wrote:
\

I have a relative with some visual and physical problems. She got funding from vocational rehab to get a degree. Are you considered disabled? There might be a stand program.

Also, I know a dean of a community college, and he had state funding for people who lived in his local area to become cell phone tower installers. I think he had funding for drone classes for phone tower installers.

Can you find something that you could get a two-year certification and get funding for that? I know a kid whose studying to be a maintenance man for factories. I think it starts at 80 with a 6-figure mid-career salary. Dental hygienist might be two-year or bachelors depending on where you are, and they get paid around 70. There might be a two year program for radiology. Draftsman (making blueprints) might be a two-year program.

A lot of these professions pay well in the US, but not in the developed word, if you could even get a visa to do them overseas. Countries medical establishments sometimes set up the rules to keep foreigners out.

Your single. Why not get a bit more specialized? Coding bootcamps may take a month or two, but I have heard of high pricetags. If you could learn that or online marketing or something like that without school, that's fine.

But you might want to spend the time while you are single laying a foundation of a career instead of jobs that pay peanuts.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

MrMan wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 1:32 pm
69ixine wrote:
69ixine wrote:
\

I have a relative with some visual and physical problems. She got funding from vocational rehab to get a degree. Are you considered disabled? There might be a stand program.

Also, I know a dean of a community college, and he had state funding for people who lived in his local area to become cell phone tower installers. I think he had funding for drone classes for phone tower installers.

Can you find something that you could get a two-year certification and get funding for that? I know a kid whose studying to be a maintenance man for factories. I think it starts at 80 with a 6-figure mid-career salary. Dental hygienist might be two-year or bachelors depending on where you are, and they get paid around 70. There might be a two year program for radiology. Draftsman (making blueprints) might be a two-year program.

A lot of these professions pay well in the US, but not in the developed word, if you could even get a visa to do them overseas. Countries medical establishments sometimes set up the rules to keep foreigners out.

Your single. Why not get a bit more specialized? Coding bootcamps may take a month or two, but I have heard of high pricetags. If you could learn that or online marketing or something like that without school, that's fine.

But you might want to spend the time while you are single laying a foundation of a career instead of jobs that pay peanuts.
Certificate in something can be a good choice, but like you said, I don't know how certificate jobs stacks up abroad..

Trades such as plumbing, electrician, welder, carpenter, HVAC, Diesel engine technician, mechanic might be a good choice also. Lots of room available because no one is willing to do it and everybody still hoping a good university education will give them a good job.

He can look into Logistics like I did. However, he might have to start from bottom up because no experience. If 69 likes to work in a warehouse all day long. The pay is mediocre but since nobody wants to do logistics(Logistics was my last resort choice too), job positions are available. I am currently a general manager but the pay is pretty mediocre.

Or 69 can become a U.S Customs Border and Protection Officer. I go to Customs house in New York to get car titles stamped for export, but those assholes are the laziest F*cks ever, watching youtube videos over their phones and they get to wear uniforms and armed with handguns. They do get paid 33k a year but their benefits are decent, and they only have to work 6 hours a day and people are pretty much afraid of you because you have a gun and they hope you stamp their titles.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

June 14th, 2023, 6:44 am
Your code is elegant but too bad whoreporations won't use it. They love to use Javascript, html, css, some latest javascript framwork such as React, Angular in web development. All mainstream crap and React and Angular is the worst piece of shit I have ever seen. Even basic Javascript is better than those two.

Some use PHP, but PHP sucks too because it is erratic and code doesn't execute very well.
Yes, thanks. I would rather be a galley slave than take a job as a programmer today. A job cleaning the worst sewer would be preferable to a programming job because modern programming tools are far more disgusting than the worst sewer. And a programming job probably means having to work with other programmers who will be the absolutely scum of the earth, the most depraved evil people that this world has ever seen.
MrMan wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 9:59 am
If I had to do choose between that and writing code, I'd definitely go for marketing.
Marketing is required for business, programming isn't. But there are advantages to knowing both. Right now I am programming marketing analytics so I can analyze the whole sales funnel in detail, from the cold emails to actions in the website to signing up. And all in one place, so I use programming to get the data from different sources and feed it to my analytics tool. In a few weeks I will see if this pays off.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

fschmidt wrote:
June 14th, 2023, 4:11 pm
June 14th, 2023, 6:44 am
Your code is elegant but too bad whoreporations won't use it. They love to use Javascript, html, css, some latest javascript framwork such as React, Angular in web development. All mainstream crap and React and Angular is the worst piece of shit I have ever seen. Even basic Javascript is better than those two.

Some use PHP, but PHP sucks too because it is erratic and code doesn't execute very well.
Yes, thanks. I would rather be a galley slave than take a job as a programmer today. A job cleaning the worst sewer would be preferable to a programming job because modern programming tools are far more disgusting than the worst sewer. And a programming job probably means having to work with other programmers who will be the absolutely scum of the earth, the most depraved evil people that this world has ever seen.
When I was self learning for three months how to code, I was surprised how much ass kissery, cock sucking, being a cheerful maggot I have to be to succeed in whorporate programming job. But it's hard to get paying whorporate job so, If you don't have any experience, you have to work in some derivative startup company which will not guarantee your salary and instead you will be paid in worthless company stocks which is worth less than toilet paper. Then after you jumped all the hoops, you have to memorize over a hundred stupid leetcode answers and algorithm patterns that your not going to use at your whorporate job and recite some of them on the interview. You have write everything on the stupid white board and talk like a cocaine ingested monkey just to impress some HR cocksucker at the interview. So, in summary I decided not to get into IT.

Also freelancing is very brutal because you got coolies charging $5 an hour with 5 years of programming experience, companies who used freelancers doesn't pay you on time and you have to pay 30% in self employment taxes. Now we got chatGPT to compete with and endless army of eastern europeans and coolies flooding the freelance market.

And Coding bootcamp is bunch of scam. All they want is your money.