Anyone regret going overseas?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Anyone regret going overseas?

Post by chanta76 »

For those that were able to go abroad are there any regrets?
If you had to do it all over again what would you do differently?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone regret going overseas?

Post by Yohan »

Just found this thread accidentally, nobody replied to it, but this is a valid and interesting question.

No, I do not regret that I finally decided to relocate from Europe to Asia.

Doing it again, what might I do differently? I don't know. This is a difficult question, because when I relocated, the world was different from now.
There was no internet, no ATM system, visa required for very many countries, few long distance connections by airplane and very expensive air-fare, very few information about living overseas. Phone lines were few and long distance calls were expensive and man people had no phone anyway, all done by letters, which was time-consuming... money change was a problem too, done with traveller cheques.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Yohan wrote:
February 22nd, 2023, 7:58 am
I think you said you're from Austria. At least in Austria the people are sane and nice and normal. God.....Imagine being forced to live in a system that is controlled insanity. Insane people. Nasty people. Cruel people. That's America.

Look into their eyes. LOOK...INTO...THEIR...EYES. Cold. Dead. Lifeless.

Leaving America was like escaping prison.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

kangarunner wrote:
February 22nd, 2023, 8:36 am
Yohan wrote:
I think you said you're from Austria. At least in Austria the people are sane and nice and normal. God.....Imagine being forced to live in a system that is controlled insanity. Insane people. Nasty people. Cruel people. That's America.

I don't mean to interject,
but Austria is a feminist, stuffy, archaic, nanny state hellhole with closed minded assholes. So as Germany. One of my friends lives in Southern Germany.

You should try North Korea. Lot of emaciated hotties in there.. :D
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

No. Going "overseas" definitely helped me in a great many ways and enriched my life beyond measure. Any travel, any prolonged period of staying abroad and immersing oneself into a wholly different culture, does.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
February 22nd, 2023, 10:06 am
kangarunner wrote:
Yohan wrote:

but Austria is a feminist, stuffy, archaic, nanny state hellhole with closed minded assholes. So as Germany. One of my friends lives in Southern Germany.

Recall that Austria (where I spent four months in 2002) had on the books a law making the unjabbed criminals. Western Europe showed its true colors during the scamdemic.

In answer to the OP question -- no, definitely not.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

gsjackson wrote:
February 23rd, 2023, 4:14 am
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
February 22nd, 2023, 10:06 am
kangarunner wrote:
Yohan wrote:

Recall that Austria (where I spent four months in 2002) had on the books a law making the unjabbed criminals. Western Europe showed its true colors during the scamdemic.

In answer to the OP question -- no, definitely not.
Western Europe is also going down in a crapper right now because of all those unelected EU bureaucrat bastards and the major consequences caused by sanctioning Russia who have provided cheap energy to power their factories for decades.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

What's the common thing throughout the Anglosphere which is the parts of the world on this forum complains about???? What is it? Anglos!!! White men!!!

White men hate themselves and they turn their hate outwards towards everyone else.

White men hate themselves and they turn their hate outwards towards everyone else.

glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

Not really. I would never ever would be able to have my own house if i wouldn't move abroad.
Now i am checking AFC Home Club reviews here and going to repair the bathroom in my own place, not far from the ocean.
It looks like some of my dreams become truth actually. Looking forward to many more happy years abroad.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
Just found this thread accidentally, nobody replied to it, but this is a valid and interesting question.

Doing it again, what might I do differently? I don't know. This is a difficult question, because when I relocated, the world was different from now.
There was no internet, no ATM system, visa required for very many countries, few long distance connections by airplane and very expensive air-fare, very few information about living overseas. Phone lines were few and long distance calls were expensive and man people had no phone anyway, all done by letters, which was time-consuming... money change was a problem too, done with traveller cheques.
@Yohan, which is why you're a true precursor and pioneer of the HA movement. If and when you leave this forum, we should have a ChatGPT-powered commemorative bot, trained on your English, so we don't miss you too much! :D
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote:
February 23rd, 2023, 9:41 am
What's the common thing throughout the Anglosphere which is the parts of the world on this forum complains about???? What is it? Anglos!!! White men!!!

Careful not to feed the anti-Caucasian-white male woke narrative. Let's not put more guilt on our collective shoulders, than we have to.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

publicduende wrote:
April 18th, 2023, 3:45 pm
kangarunner wrote:

Careful not to feed the anti-Caucasian-white male woke narrative. Let's not put more guilt on our collective shoulders, than we have to.
I don't know if this is sarcasm but the truth is white Anglo men have historically been war-like, antagonists. If you look at all the races of the world, it's white men who are responsible for the majority of wars and conflict. From the Vikings to the British empire, to the pirates like Captain Morgan, to the modern day ones (George Bush and neocons). White men are all about one thing: conquering others.

I've seen it with my own eyes. Every other country I've been to, the people are very peaceful and want social harmony above all else.

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

kangarunner wrote:
April 19th, 2023, 10:15 am
publicduende wrote:
April 18th, 2023, 3:45 pm
kangarunner wrote:

I don't know if this is sarcasm but the truth is white Anglo men have historically been war-like, antagonists. If you look at all the races of the world, it's white men who are responsible for the majority of wars and conflict. From the Vikings to the British empire, to the pirates like Captain Morgan, to the modern day ones (George Bush and neocons). White men are all about one thing: conquering others.

I've seen it with my own eyes. Every other country I've been to, the people are very peaceful and want social harmony above all else.
If that were true why do Anglo countries produce so many white men who get off on the idea of Negros conquering them? You are also wrong because whites aren't the only conquerors that ever lived. What do you think Muslim men are trying to do? Conquer shit and take over. White men aren't even a threat anymore. They're too busy jerking off to the idea of losing everything. Maybe them being conquerors weren't such a bad thing compared to what they've become today....cucks, self hating, male feminist, self defeating, and made a french f**k named Greg Langskey wealthy as he profited off their white guilt. I doubt white men were responsible for the Wars that took place in China and Japan during their Fuedal and Dynasty periods. Wars are always going to exist because there is always going to be a nation where someone wants to dominate the world in some way or another. Otherwise all of these countries would get rid of their military, and dispose all nuclear arms, but not a single one of them is willing to do that aside from Japan that got it's ass kicked and surrendered. When Trump was President we didn't even have any wars at all. When Obama was president (who isn't white) we had wars and he bombed over 9 or 10 countries.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote:

White Caucasians (the "Anglos" didn't even register as a society until the dawn of the British Empire) have been responsible for the progress of humanity their side of the world. Human progress is hardly linear, and always involves blood and wars. The Asian, South American, African peoples were capable of progress as much as they were capable of battling and destroying one another, as much as the whities, if not more.

The Mongolian empire, the Han empire, the shogunate in Japan, they were all martial, war-prone societies. Let's not even begin with the ancient South American civilisations, for whom killing and sacrificing their enemies to the Gods were a modus vivendi. When the Portuguese, the Dutch and the British arrived in the Indies and in the Middle East, they found thousand of distinct tribes constantly warring each other.

Some "white" civilisations, more than others, like the Romans, understood that to successfully extend their empires and achieve that social harmony you mentioned, they needed a level of social and cultural cohesion that had often had to be imposed with the sword. They believed in the vision of a union of peoples greater than the sum of its part and they knew it was a grandiose as well as fragile project, one which required constant supervision and constant deterrents, in the shape of military might. Si vis pacem para bellum, "if you want peace, prepare to fight for it".

That only the "white Caucasian males" have to own up to their own share of destruction, ignoring the "constructive" parts, and feel guilty of having a human nature, I find it repulsive. It's a regurgitation of the old Calvinist doctrine, that we are forever guilty of just existing and we will spend a lifetime to barely repent and be whole in front of God.

We should celebrate the best of human nature and take the evil of it as a given, regardless of race and skin tone.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

publicduende wrote:
April 19th, 2023, 3:09 pm
kangarunner wrote:

White Caucasians (the "Anglos" didn't even register as a society until the dawn of the British Empire) have been responsible for the progress of humanity their side of the world. Human progress is hardly linear, and always involves blood and wars. The Asian, South American, African peoples were capable of progress as much as they were capable of battling and destroying one another, as much as the whities, if not more.

The Mongolian empire, the Han empire, the shogunate in Japan, they were all martial, war-prone societies. Let's not even begin with the ancient South American civilisations, for whom killing and sacrificing their enemies to the Gods were a modus vivendi. When the Portuguese, the Dutch and the British arrived in the Indies and in the Middle East, they found thousand of distinct tribes constantly warring each other.

Some "white" civilisations, more than others, like the Romans, understood that to successfully extend their empires and achieve that social harmony you mentioned, they needed a level of social and cultural cohesion that had often had to be imposed with the sword. They believed in the vision of a union of peoples greater than the sum of its part and they knew it was a grandiose as well as fragile project, one which required constant supervision and constant deterrents, in the shape of military might. Si vis pacem para bellum, "if you want peace, prepare to fight for it".

That only the "white Caucasian males" have to own up to their own share of destruction, ignoring the "constructive" parts, and feel guilty of having a human nature, I find it repulsive. It's a regurgitation of the old Calvinist doctrine, that we are forever guilty of just existing and we will spend a lifetime to barely repent and be whole in front of God.

We should celebrate the best of human nature and take the evil of it as a given, regardless of race and skin tone.
You lost me with "Blacks being more capable of progress than whites" lol no the f**k they are not. They have had plenty of opportunity to prove that, and still can't f***ing do shit but invade white countries and bitch about racism because they can't fix their own nations. Even wealthy blacks who made all their fortune in White countries refuse to go to a black country and live in it. Why do you think Oprah never went to Africa to earn her fortune, she became wealthy and an icon among women in America and not just among black women but women of practically all ethicity's. She would have never achieved that level of fame, attention, and wealth in some black country.