How do you guys deal with stress?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

How do you guys deal with stress?

Post by chanta76 »

Maybe because I still live and work in USA and deal with the American attitude. It burns you out sometimes. I recently started martial arts training again. To relieve some tension and give me a new hobby to look forward too.

I sometimes imagine even if I move overseas there will always be stress and some challenges. I like to know how others deal with this? Being a sensitive person in this world is very difficult.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: How do you guys deal with stress?

Post by OutWest »

chanta76 wrote:Maybe because I still live and work in USA and deal with the American attitude. It burns you out sometimes. I recently started martial arts training again. To relieve some tension and give me a new hobby to look forward too.

I sometimes imagine even if I move overseas there will always be stress and some challenges. I like to know how others deal with this? Being a sensitive person in this world is very difficult.

Stress can kill you. Spend time really being honest with yourself about your most important goals and trim away the distractions that get in the way.,
. Find some things that work for you to give you peace. For me, sailing is magical. Cutting through the water heeled over with a good breeze filling our sails lets stress melt away. Whatever it is, make it your own.
You are right. A thoughtful person does not have an easy time.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

I get on my bike and go for a hooligan ride, or sedate ride on dirt. Both require full concentration so get your mind of. Both stimulate adrenaline and leave you with a high feeling. Being out in the bush also fills your soul with peace, and amazement at the work of God if you are that way inclined.

Riding just brings me joy and peace and forces your mind off negative things. If your mind is elsewhere while riding you will crash and die, hence it also cures stress :lol:

Cant say i am a sensitive man, nor emphatic, but I do have a strong sense of duty and responsibility that I take seriously. That means carrying a burden and carrying others. That has always been a trait of good white men, or im your case a good asian man, hence we are prone to stress and you need a way to relieve it in a positive way. The asian way of suicide and hara kiri is certainly not positive :lol: refer to riding bikes with mind elsewhere. White hara kiri :lol:
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Kradmelder wrote:I get on my bike and go for a hooligan ride, or sedate ride on dirt. Both require full concentration so get your mind of. Both stimulate adrenaline and leave you with a high feeling. Being out in the bush also fills your soul with peace, and amazement at the work of God if you are that way inclined.

Riding just brings me joy and peace and forces your mind off negative things. If your mind is elsewhere while riding you will crash and die, hence it also cures stress :lol:

Cant say i am a sensitive man, nor emphatic, but I do have a strong sense of duty and responsibility that I take seriously. That means carrying a burden and carrying others. That has always been a trait of good white men, or im your case a good asian man, hence we are prone to stress and you need a way to relieve it in a positive way. The asian way of suicide and hara kiri is certainly not positive :lol: refer to riding bikes with mind elsewhere. White hara kiri :lol:
I had not thought of this, but really, there is a similarity of spirit between riding and sailing. I have ridden enough to know how it feels. I used to go on these long rides in the American west, onetime covering 1000 miles in a day. I would not want to do that again, but it was beautiful! I would crest one pass and see a huge valley stretched out in front of me, with miles of chaparral and a ribbon of road full of adventure. Now with the boat, its way bigger and way slower.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

What usually helps me is reading books, music, exercising and sometimes going out to nature as well.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

I think the key is to firstly aim for a lifestyle that's stress-free as possible. I would consider work, relationships, and detracting yourself from the rat race as top priority.

I've succeeded pretty much and rarely get stressed nowadays. If I do, a combination of loud music and alcohol usually suffices.

In my younger days I found dancing like a loon in a nightclub worked wonders. :mrgreen:
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

Zambales wrote:I think the key is to firstly aim for a lifestyle that's stress-free as possible. I would consider work, relationships, and detracting yourself from the rat race as top priority.
Agree 10000%. I don't deal that well with stress, so I do everything I can to avoid it: I'm organized, always on top of my shit, manage my finances carefully, avoid toxic people & relationships, and always set two alarms.

If I am stressed - I like to go out for long 2+ hr walks to clear my head.
mand38
Freshman Poster

Post by mand38 »

In two words: beer + vodka :)
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

I read from the Bible. Stress is not hard to deal with if you change your mindset. See, Americans don't deal with stress well and struggle, because by and large this countries based on 'individualism'; my way against yours, etc. this is just a recipe for disaster as far as interpersonal relationships. That's what happens when you let a bunch of Masonic assholes takeover a country; men who based this country around one thing, the acquisition of wealth...not family, not friendship, not values. you can exercise, diet, meditate all you want, that fact is your stress won't go away one bit at all for the rest of your life, because you need to adjust your mindset to be more cooperative.
Families are hell in America.... I have never been in a place where the family was more a battleground than it is in America, and that is very, very sad giving tons of kids unhappy childhoods, who will go onto be unhappy adjusted adults with all kinds of
mental & social/ interpersonal problems. You see it everywhere now. The sad thing is, people don't look back and adjust themselves for God, they find ways to make room for their dysfunctions, now we have acceptable 'dysfunctions' that are mainstreamed and talked about. People are dense, and stupid and foolish.
People put America before they put God. They are not the same thing...
Then they claim to believe in God, still. We need to put God first,
or you will suffer the consequences.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
JackFlexer
Freshman Poster

Post by JackFlexer »

I usually practice yoga, it helps me a lot
Mew6ix
Freshman Poster

Post by Mew6ix »

I've been living in Toronto all of my life. Due to feminism, racial theories and #MeToo, I'm viewed like the Jews in Nazi Germany. Might be even worse because the Jewish inmates had sex. We, the majority of Toronto men, are suffering in silence, and many are incels.

To get sex, I have to pay $300/hr for mediocre sex, or risk getting caught up in these police stings by paying $200 for a massage and full service sex.

Furthermore, my cope is to use some drugs. It started with Adderall after a female teacher accused me of staring at her boobs in class. The pediatrician prescribed me these drugs that if given in high doses, lead to sporadic levels of euphoria.

Now, I'm experimenting with Molly and DMT because I want to leave Toronto. The Toronto women are becoming feminist and they are naked with children and they hate men.