A suicide victim who gave up too easily

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: A suicide victim who gave up too easily

Post by Zambales »

Kradmelder wrote:
Ja. One of them worked to make himself a success and offed himself because he didnt succeed. The others will never try to be a success and expect the world to look after them with hand outs and should off themselves and their whole tribe.
How can they be a success when they're born into a predicament like that? Even Donald Trump would be screwed.

At least being born in the Anglosphere, one can elevate oneself through grit and effort even if you've been dealt a shit set of cards.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Gadfly
Freshman Poster

Post by Gadfly »

Cornfed wrote:You know, maybe he accurately assessed what was going to happen and did the right thing. Seriously, what life worth living from his point of view could he expect?
He could have said, "to hell with the rat race" and started his own business. He could have moved out of NYC. He had skills, he could have done something.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Gadfly wrote:
Cornfed wrote:You know, maybe he accurately assessed what was going to happen and did the right thing. Seriously, what life worth living from his point of view could he expect?
He could have said, "to hell with the rat race" and started his own business. He could have moved out of NYC. He had skills, he could have done something.
Can you blame him for not wanting to, at age 48, start scrambling in the street. Skills? Outside GuvCorp handing him money, would he even have the skills to put air in his tires?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Gadfly wrote:
That's what I am saying. I have known people who started over from the bottom at age 50. They didn't just give up.

Like I said, there was probably a hatred for life already. Just a person needs a trigger or a final straw to end it.

Also, I am glad some of us are somewhat admitting that it was better to be born in the Anglosphere than it is to be born in a desert in sub Saharan Africa, if you're not a successful Afrikaaner.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Yup, if he wanted to stay out of 'poverty' like he absurdly stated, he should have made the effort to do so. Whatever it took. My guess he was raised as a spoiled child. Got what he wanted when he wanted and now since matters have taken a turn for the worse, he can't handle it.

I actually don't blame people for committing suicide so long as they've exhausted every avenue to escape their torment. This chump threw in the towel in round one without throwing a punch.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

To his credit, he had the decency to not try to take as many others with him as possible.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
desembarazarse
Freshman Poster

Post by desembarazarse »

Zambales wrote:
desembarazarse wrote:
Zambales wrote:The comment about poverty is laughable especially since he still had an income from running a consulting firm.
How much income? It's possible to have an income and still be in poverty.
The word 'poverty' gets banded about far too freely. Notice the difference?

ImageImage
Sure, I notice the difference. If we judge "poverty" by comparison to a malnourished child in Africa, well, then, almost no one in the U.S. is living in poverty. And maybe that's your point. But, I'm sure you also realize that it is going to be a lot more difficult to adjust to African standards of living after 48 years in the U.S. than after spending the same amount of time in Africa. You can tell poor people in the U.S. that they have nothing to complain about because they are so much better off than people in Africa, but that is a cold comfort to people on the bottom rung of the society that they live in.

In his suicide note, he wrote, "I choose not to go through a phase of homelessness and/or dependency on the charity of others or the State if the only result is to delay for a time my arrival at that same inevitable place." If he was actually facing homelessness (and you might argue that he wasn't), then he was facing poverty.
Last edited by desembarazarse on January 1st, 2017, 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
desembarazarse
Freshman Poster

Post by desembarazarse »

Gadfly wrote:
He did start his own business. His LinkedIn profile shows that he was Founder and Director of Chadwick Global Research and Consulting from 2005 to 2014. Then he got a job with EquityKey which lasted until September 2015. From his suicide note, it sounds like he went back to independent consulting after he lost his job. But, sometimes entrepreneurs fail. "Start your own business" is not an easy solution. He wrote, "Although I have arranged contracts and gigs here and there, the simple fact is that the cash flow is too low and unpredictable to plan or invest in anything beyond the next week or two. Eventually the river runs dry, leaving a bed of unpleasant choices, and we must ask ourselves if keeping afloat is truly necessary."

I do agree with you about moving out of NYC, though. Yeah, he should have done that. At the same time, I can understand why he didn't. His skills mainly had to do with political and financial analysis and these kinds of jobs are highly concentrated in NYC, Boston, etc. He did work as a software engineer from 1984 to 1989 and should have tried to get back into software development. Of course, 1989 was a long time ago and he would have had to start over from relatively junior roles - roles that he would be overqualified for after being an Assistant Professor of International Affairs at Columbia. I'd say that his life started moving in the wrong direction when he left software engineering in order to pursue a Ph.D. in Political Economy and Sustainable Development.
Gadfly
Freshman Poster

Post by Gadfly »

In his suicide note, he added a postscript about the recent US election. He obviously leaned left. He wrote that he wanted to "make the world a better place."

My guess is his allegiance to his world view compelled him to restrict his options, and that's probably why he wasn't imaginative or brave enough to see a silver lining.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I'd like to boldface "from his point of view" but I don't know how on a smartphone. That's the key phrase: his point of view is wrong. Homelessness is not that a bad a life in the developed world. The only real problem is lack of laundry facilities: your body needs very little to keep clean, but clothes start to sink of urine dribbles very quickly. Everyone dribbles at least one drop, and those drops accumulate, and urine has a powerful smell. Urine is water soluble, so easy enough to rinse clothing in a river in warm weather, but probably not possible in the winter in London. Rancid oil will also stink up clothing eventually and that takes soap to remove, but there's enough clothing thrown away in the dumpsters you could just replace everything every few months versus worrying about that laundry.

At this point in my life, I would definitely choose true homelessness (versus the fake version where I stay in motels every few days) over returning to work in a corporation. I just couldn't handle that sterile, lifeless environment anymore.

Happiness and physical comfort are not the same thing.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

No-one (funnily enough) has mentioned this, but a lot of city/finance types are up to their beaks in charlie/devil's dandruff and are hardly the most reasonable people on the planet after a few tokes.

So if we take the case of Rurik Jutting in Hong Kong - if he had thrown himself off his luxury apartment in his expat enclave - people would have gone 'Ooh, poor luv, Oxford grad, good family, 100000 grand a year etc etc' instead, he murdered two Indonesian whores and he gets shed into his correct light, a drug addled, egotistic megalomaniac who went too far.

Drugs do that to you, you end up doing stupid things, now it might be argued that the stresses of the job and of course the disposable income make way for that lifestyle - there is no argument from me regards that.

It gets me thinking though, just imagine that Rurik Jutting had lost his prestigious and well paid expat package BEFORE he decided to chop up two Indonesian prostitutes and stuff them into suitcases, would he have killed himself as his only reason for living - f***ing third world prostitutes and hoovering industrial quantities of cocaine up his nose, would have to come to an end? We know the answer really... that's not to say the gentleman in the OP was abusing illicit substances, but it is the reason why many go by the wayside.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

desembarazarse wrote:
Zambales wrote:
desembarazarse wrote:
Zambales wrote:The comment about poverty is laughable especially since he still had an income from running a consulting firm.
How much income? It's possible to have an income and still be in poverty.
The word 'poverty' gets banded about far too freely. Notice the difference?

ImageImage
Sure, I notice the difference. If we judge "poverty" by comparison to a malnourished child in Africa, well, then, almost no one in the U.S. is living in poverty. And maybe that's your point. But, I'm sure you also realize that it is going to be a lot more difficult to adjust to African standards of living after 48 years in the U.S. than after spending the same amount of time in Africa. You can tell poor people in the U.S. that they have nothing to complain about because they are so much better off than people in Africa, but that is a cold comfort to people on the bottom rung of the society that they live in.

In his suicide note, he wrote, "I choose not to go through a phase of homelessness and/or dependency on the charity of others or the State if the only result is to delay for a time my arrival at that same inevitable place." If he was actually facing homelessness (and you might argue that he wasn't), then he was facing poverty.
I understand what you're trying to say but being homeless in a developed country still isn't poverty in the true sense. I've been in this position albeit for a short time back in 1990 and yes it's not particularly pleasant but it wasn't the worst experience I've ever endured and I certainly wouldn't give it that label.

Even being unemployed or being on a low income isn't true poverty. It can lead to a bleak existence especially if circumstances stay the same for years on end. If it's just for one or two, life still isn't great but it isn't terrible.

This guy may have had to cut his losses and suffer hardship adapting to a different climate so to speak but there's always a way out. That way out is unlikely to appear overnight though but if you're determined enough to whether the storm, doors will open for you with the right attitude.

When I was at my lowest ebb circa 2002/03 I was in a dark place too financially and mentally which ultimately resulted in a breakdown. In early 2004, I secured a position at a company that didn't require any previous experience or qualifications. The pay?
Nearly three times the minimum wage. Proof that there are opportunities out there for everyone to make a decent living.

Like others have said, he assessed the situation wrongly. Life has a habit of throwing tests in front of us though, and it's up to we as individuals to show our mettle. Success maybe one thing but learning to overcome adversity is another. That's an education in itself.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Why didnt he tell someone, then just walk into a darkie area with all his bling and fancy car, and let the darkies take him out, to at least give good white men a chance to legally take out a crowd of darkies? Or at least walk into place where criminal darkies hang out and do an allah akbar kaboom. At least if you attach no value to your life, attach some to your death to benefit your race.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

yick wrote:No-one (funnily enough) has mentioned this, but a lot of city/finance types are up to their beaks in charlie/devil's dandruff and are hardly the most reasonable people on the planet after a few tokes.

So if we take the case of Rurik Jutting in Hong Kong - if he had thrown himself off his luxury apartment in his expat enclave - people would have gone 'Ooh, poor luv, Oxford grad, good family, 100000 grand a year etc etc' instead, he murdered two Indonesian whores and he gets shed into his correct light, a drug addled, egotistic megalomaniac who went too far.

Drugs do that to you, you end up doing stupid things, now it might be argued that the stresses of the job and of course the disposable income make way for that lifestyle - there is no argument from me regards that.

It gets me thinking though, just imagine that Rurik Jutting had lost his prestigious and well paid expat package BEFORE he decided to chop up two Indonesian prostitutes and stuff them into suitcases, would he have killed himself as his only reason for living - f***ing third world prostitutes and hoovering industrial quantities of cocaine up his nose, would have to come to an end? We know the answer really... that's not to say the gentleman in the OP was abusing illicit substances, but it is the reason why many go by the wayside.
Any person who is an egotistical megalomaniac is a reprobate and a psychopath. You don't have to wonder why they do what they do. They are murderers at heart and in their souls already. It's what they do. They commit all manner of crimes. Just you never hear about it usually because they're good at what they do. They all hate life. They don't value their own lives. This is why murder and suicide are easy for them. That's why you hear of the psychopaths known as serial killers often commit suicide before they even get caught. They are reprobate sociopaths, and murder is what they are obsessed with. Murder also includes such things like slander, back biting and character assassination. This is murder of another person's heart and soul. But the only way to become an accomplished murderer with the ability to murder others without conscience is to first murder their own heart and soul by choosing to become overcome by evil deeds.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Adama wrote:
yick wrote:No-one (funnily enough) has mentioned this, but a lot of city/finance types are up to their beaks in charlie/devil's dandruff and are hardly the most reasonable people on the planet after a few tokes.

Any person who is an egotistical megalomaniac is a reprobate and a psychopath. You don't have to wonder why they do what they do. They are murderers at heart and in their souls already. It's what they do. They commit all manner of crimes. Just you never hear about it usually because they're good at what they do. They all hate life. They don't value their own lives. This is why murder and suicide are easy for them. That's why you hear of the psychopaths known as serial killers often commit suicide before they even get caught. They are reprobate sociopaths, and murder is what they are obsessed with. Murder also includes such things like slander, back biting and character assassination. This is murder of another person's heart and soul. But the only way to become an accomplished murderer with the ability to murder others without conscience is to first murder their own heart and soul by choosing to become overcome by evil deeds.
Happy new year to the HA Christian conscience. Always good to hear what I was raised to think.

As you start 2017, be sure to cancel your subscriptions to people's drama and negativity and keep Christian thoughts in mind. After all, it made white people great.