K1 Visa USA unique case.

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Kogi
Freshman Poster

K1 Visa USA unique case.

Post by Kogi »

Hi,
I'm just going to jumo right into this. I've spent countless nights looking at US immigration law and trying to find anyone who's in a similar situation to me. I have little or no luck.
I met my fiancée 7 months ago on a Facebook group for people with this illness that we have. We started talking and really enjoyed each others company. We spent the next 7 months’ video chatting every single day. We haven't missed a day to date, from the day we met.
She came to England a few weeks ago and i proposed. We knew about the immigration process and time and we both know we want this.
Here's where it gets sticky. I was arrested and charged with Robbery in 2014, later that day i was charged with possession of a bladed article and possession of a folding knife, all charges in relation to the same arrest.
I was acquitted a year later and it didn't even go to trial.
My defence was non-insane autonomism. I was started on a drug which was used as off label treatment for my illness because it's cheaper than the actual treatment and seems to work. The drug they use is one which is used in people with psychiatric conditions. I don't have any psychiatric conditions but it was the way it worked on the brain. It prevented a major symptom of my illness. However being that its original use is for treating psychiatric conditions it doesn't take a genius to see that it would have negative effects on me. Anyway after months of negative side effects which became unbearable i went back to the docs and told them I wanted off. Instead of tapering these drugs I just stopped taking them and started the new treatment. I didn't think things could get any worse, oooo was I wrong!
After 5 days off what my family and friends described as odd and aggressive behaviour, i walked up to my local gas station and held it up in broad daylight. I walked off from the scene (literally) and was apprehended 6 minutes later.
I saw a lot of experts throughout my court case and they all agreed that the drug was the sole cause and nothing from me caused this. The prosecution then had no evidence and I was acquitted.
My fiancée knows about all of this. She is unable to move here.
We love each other very much and just want to be together.
I have no previous criminal history. I’m not a bad person. I'm not mentally ill.
I have a really bad feeling this is going to stop us in being together. I'm not sure what anyone here can offer me. Guess I’m looking for some kind of hope.
xtravel
Freshman Poster

Re: K1 Visa USA unique case.

Post by xtravel »

Best to stop worrying about it and start the visa process.