Staying in Thailand or moving on?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: Staying in Thailand or moving on?

Post by Falcon »

"I'm getting a decent amount of stable income via online work, and and making more than what more locals in my area make."
No, actually I appreciate your cynicism. Many Asians are used to being pessimistic. Like you, I am also pretty cautious to stay away from other Thai women's gold-digging missions.

I don't tell her how much she makes. I don't tell ANYONE exactly how much I make. I guess she assumes I make maybe around as much as a local government school teacher and assumes I'm just an ordinary guy on a middle-class Thai-level salary. She is absolutely fine with no new car, no new condo.

Thai women think like that if they're constantly comparing themselves to their friends. My lady doesn't talk much to even her own friends and family (which I all know about), even if it's by social media. She's an introverted insular type. She doesn't care that much about what other people perceive to be face-saving status-raising material goods.

We're living very frugally like the locals. She tells me not to spend too much of my money and is the complete opposite of the kind of gold-digging women who tells me to endlessly spend.

Actions speak louder than words.

Of course I've told her that I am extremely aware of all the Thai lady scams out there, and that I will absolutely take none of that. She has seen others act like that, and told me that she just can't imagine acting like that herself.

Like I said, I personally would not trust the majority of Thai women either. The ones you can trust more are the deviant ones who don't totally fit in. My lady tends to have somewhat anti-social tendencies with the average local gossipy Thai woman. I'm the person she talks to most in any given day. Now try finding another Thai woman like that. Many other Thais will trust their circle of gossipy friends more than their foreign husband. It's obvious that many of these gossipy Thai female friends often like to share gold-digging tips and other strategies to con men. I ask my girlfriend what she talks about with her friends, and she is quite candid with what they tell her. Now many other Thai women don't want their foreign husbands to have anything to do with their close circle of gossipy friends, because that's their social safety net, so to speak.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Jesus....Falcon and Johnnylaw,

I don'

Falcon. I never met you. I think your nice guy. I think Johnny is bit too jaded or bitter with his views but maybe right. If your happy great. I don;t know if you want kids of your own. I mean your own blood . You might need a younger woman for that. Not to sound like a dick..you can just enjoy your family life now..until you meet a younger woman in the future that fits your profile. It sounds bad what I'm saying because it may sound like betrayer to your lady friend. But who knows how you look at things in 10 -15 years.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Chanta, it's always a good exercise to imagine you and your friends and family several years from now on. It's also a good idea to imagine yourself in other people's shoes.

But honestly, 10-15 years is a long way down the road since a lot of change is going to happen, even if time does fly by fast. During the past 10 years of my life, I graduated high school and college, traveled around the world, and moved abroad. My parents moved several times and went through multiple layoffs and business failures. My aunt and mother both passed away at around the age of 50, and my grandfather also passed away.

Other younger women will make for good P4P. But they can't replace your most beloved family members. You don't throw away your beloved parents and kids because you've found someone better-looking and fresher. They can be a lot of fun at first, but at the end of the day, they can't give you the deeper kind of love and understanding that loving family members give you.

Look at Winston. He's been eyeing women everywhere, but at the end of the day he still seems to be with Dianne and Angelo. He just celebrated his birthday with them.

In many Asian families, the mother is the bedrock and foundation of the family unit. So I'll be doing great harm to several people if I just wanted to make myself happy with a new mistress.

And many biological children are not nearly as attached to their parents as my new daughter is, let alone adopted children and stepchildren. Not even my own biological children would be able to replace her. She is who she is, and no one actually "owns" children in my belief. Children are and have their own individual beings. No one owns me or you.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Falcon wrote:Chanta, it's always a good exercise to imagine you and your friends and family several years from now on. It's also a good idea to imagine yourself in other people's shoes.

But honestly, 10-15 years is a long way down the road since a lot of change is going to happen, even if time does fly by fast. During the past 10 years of my life, I graduated high school and college, traveled around the world, and moved abroad. My parents moved several times and went through multiple layoffs and business failures. My aunt and mother both passed away at around the age of 50, and my grandfather also passed away.

Other younger women will make for good P4P. But they can't replace your most beloved family members. You don't throw away your beloved parents and kids because you've found someone better-looking and fresher. They can be a lot of fun at first, but at the end of the day, they can't give you the deeper kind of love and understanding that loving family members give you.

Look at Winston. He's been eyeing women everywhere, but at the end of the day he still seems to be with Dianne and Angelo. He just celebrated his birthday with them.

In many Asian families, the mother is the bedrock and foundation of the family unit. So I'll be doing great harm to several people if I just wanted to make myself happy with a new mistress.

And many biological children are not nearly as attached to their parents as my new daughter is, let alone adopted children and stepchildren. Not even my own biological children would be able to replace her. She is who she is, and no one actually "owns" children in my belief. Children are and have their own individual beings. No one owns me or you.
Dear Falcon,

You say:
"Other younger women will make for good P4P. But they can't replace your most beloved family members. You don't throw away your beloved parents and kids because you've found someone better-looking and fresher. They can be a lot of fun at first, but at the end of the day, they can't give you the deeper kind of love and understanding that loving family members give you."

Newsflash!
Younger Thai ladies are whores!
1. Young Thai women do not want a boyfriend. Thai women want a PIMP!
2. Young Thai women want to have lesbian friends and have Tomboys.
3. Young Thai women want a Pimp (ie boyfriend) who beats them and takes their money.
4. Young Thai women want a Cuckolded boyfriend who lets them f**k other men for money
Or Thai Ladies
Are Asexual!
1. More interested in a career.
2. More interested in education.
3. More interested in Social Media than being with a person.

You say:
"And many biological children are not nearly as attached to their parents as my new daughter is, let alone adopted children and stepchildren. Not even my own biological children would be able to replace her. She is who she is, and no one actually "owns" children in my belief. Children are and have their own individual beings. No one owns me or you."
You are happy :twisted:
Enjoy! You love the older women and raising her wonderful bastards.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Falcon wrote:Chanta, it's always a good exercise to imagine you and your friends and family several years from now on. It's also a good idea to imagine yourself in other people's shoes.

Have you had biological children yet? When you do you will be attached to them. Far more than to a daughter that is not yours biologically.

Winston is with dianne because he has a kid with her. Not because it is an ex GF. When you have a kid with a woman, whether you like it or not, you are attached to them for life for the sake of raising that kid. You are not in that situation.

You are still young. In the next 10 years you may wish to have your own child. The current GF will be too old. Things may change. It doesn't not mean this woman is bad. She is good for you NOW. Just keep in mind things may change is she is more advanced in life than you. She already had her kids. Talk to her about it. Maybe she already knows that one day it may end because you need to have your own family. It does not mean you are a bad man. It is natural.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Have you had biological children yet? When you do you will be attached to them. Far more than to a daughter that is not yours biologically.
No, I have not. 25 and never married, never had kids.

Actually, I don't think that's always the case. There are loads upon loads of examples where biological parents and biological children totally hate each other, and even abuse each other.

And don't forget that my adopted daughter loves me way more than she loves her biological father. She absolutely does not want to live with him again.

In many cases, what you said may indeed be true, especially in traditional NE Asian families where families place paramount importance on maintaining the family blood line. These families will often treat in-laws and non-blood relatives very poorly. Thais and other SE Asians aren't nearly as hardcore when it comes to this.

We can be absolutely devoted to someone who is not immediately related to us. But we are actually all biological related to each other if we go far back enough in time. The connection is there, and sometimes you can just feel that connection even if you're halfway around the world.

I am also together with my lady because I am there for the sake of the little girl. She loves to be picked up and cuddled everyday, and wants to follow me everywhere. I guess you have to see it to believe it. Not many Thais have even seen biological fathers and children who are that close to each other. I was never like this with my own biological parents.
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

Post by nomadphilippines »

did i just read that thai women want a pimp that beats them and takes their money?

are you ok bro?
avid follower of site about travel and girls https://guysnightlife.com
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

nomadphilippines wrote:did i just read that thai women want a pimp that beats them and takes their money?

are you ok bro?
Nomadphilippines,

"did i just read that thai women want a pimp that beats them and takes their money?"
YES! You are not as illiterate as you thought.
I'm talking about regular Thai women...not the hookers/bar girls!

NEWSFLASH ASSHOLE
Jonny Law reporting live from Thailand!:
Thai women are whores. And whores do not make good housewives.
1. Thai women are the most unfaithful!
Your Thai woman is cheating on you. The younger generation also enjoys the casual kik culture where men and women have extra friends they have sex with aside from their partners (partners plural).
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... ul-5188791
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Jonny Law, maybe it's time for tell us your stories of being with Thai women, and share with us all the horrors that you had experienced first-hand.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I just showed my daughter a video of what bad people in America look like, in my home state of California. She ended up imitating gang signs and thought it was funny.

The worst people around here are silly drunk old guys who might smash up stuff and beat up their family once in a while. People here haven't really seen youth criminal gangs.

Guess I'm not bringing them over to the US any time soon. We're all safer and healthier in Asia. :)