Is Feeling Out of Your Body Normal?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Is Feeling Out of Your Body Normal?

Post by zacb »

I have felt this every so often, to varying degrees, but thought nothing of it. I often feel split from my body , and it usually is a small episode, but besides feeling like I am out of my body and really introverted as well as an occasional weightlessness in my body on separate occasions (I don't feel separated from my body though) . I did have a stressful math test today, worrying about post-associate life (going for bachelors, but I have been getting bored with school), and working obsessively on a php script. I also feel emotionally stoic. Is this normal? I don't like to read into things, but I just don't want to ignore things. I do tend to be depressed, and the weather turned winter here in Michigan, so that could be it too. Is this normal? Just a stressful episode? I don't have anything stressful besides school and my mother, although a few weeks ago my boss was being bitchy.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Banano
Veteran Poster

Re: Is Feeling Out of Your Body Normal?

Post by Banano »

No, its not normal to feel out of your body. Go and see a shrink and lets us know what happened. Good luck.
Stag
Freshman Poster

Re: Is Feeling Out of Your Body Normal?

Post by Stag »

Possibly depersonalition. This can be caused by low testosterone, or even things like epilepsy. Maybe it's the side effects of medication/street drugs/drink?