Advice By Famous Men In History On How To Treat Women

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Anatol
Junior Poster

Advice By Famous Men In History On How To Treat Women

Post by Anatol »

“It is a law of nature that women should be held under the dominance of man.” - Confucius (ca. 500 BC)

“Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal, and it is useless to let go the reins and then expect her not to kick over the traces. You must keep her on a tight rein . . . Women want total freedom or rather – to call things by their names – total licence. If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters . . .” - Cato the Elder 234–149 B.C., quoted in Livy’s History of Rome

"To be completely woman you need a Master, and in him, a compass for your life. You need a man you can look up to and respect. If you dethrone him, it is no wonder that you are discontented, and discontented women are not loved for long." ~Marlene Dietrich

"Goreans, in their simplistic fashion, often contend, categorically, that man is naturally free and woman is naturally slave." ~Hunters of Gor

"Women dream not of equals," she said, "but of Masters." ~Fighting Slave of Gor

"We want a Man at whose feet we feel it is appropriate that we should kneel, as women, and slaves. We do not want an equal; that is not enough for us; we want more than that; we want a Master. We want Him to be strong, ambitious, aggressive, possessive, jealous, lustful, dangerous, dominant. We want Him to guard us, and protect us, and own us, with masculine ferocity, to see us as His rightful properties." ~Witness of Gor

"Women, by nature, want to be dominated." ~Jayne Mansfield

"I want to live darkly and richly in my femaleness. I want a man lying over me, always over me. His will, his pleasure, his desire, his life, his work, his sexuality the touchstone, the command, my pivot. I don't mind working, holding my ground intellectually, artistically; but as a woman, oh, God, as a woman I want to be dominated. I don't mind being told to stand on my own feet, not to cling, to do all that I am capable of doing, but I am going to be pursued, f***ed, possessed by the will of a male at his time, his bidding." ~Anais Nin

"A proper wife should be as obedient as a slave." ~ Aristotle (384-322 BC)

"The male is by nature superior and the female inferior; one rules and the other is ruled." ~ Aristotle: The Politics, Book I

"Men's courage is shown in commanding and women's in obeying." ~ Aristotle: The Politics, Book I

"Fortune is like a woman; if you wish to master her, you must conquer her by force. Moreover, she is more willing to be conquered by forceful men of ability than by timid cowards." ~ Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527): The Prince

"Woman in her greatest perfection was made to serve and obey man, not rule and command him." ~ John Knox (1505-1572)

"The husband hath by law power and dominion over his wife, and may keep her by force, within the bounds of duty, and may beat her, but not in a violent or cruel manner." ~ Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626): Maxims of the law

"Love well, whip well." ~ Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790): Poor Richard

"Nature intended women to be our slaves. . . They are our property, we are not theirs . . . They belong to us, just as a tree which bears fruit belongs to the gardener." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Woman is by nature meant to obey." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

"You go to a woman? Do not forget your whip." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900): Thus Spoke Zarathustra, XVIII: Old and young women

"Thy husband is thy lord, thy life, thy keeper, Thy head, thy sovereign; one that cares for thee, And for thy maintenance commits his body To painful labour both by sea and land, To watch the night in storms, the day in cold, Whilst thou liest warm at home, secure and safe; And craves no other tribute at thy hands But love, fair looks and true obedience; Too little payment for so great a debt. Such duty as the subject owes the prince Even such a woman oweth to her husband; And when she is froward, peevish, sullen, sour, And not obedient to his honest will, What is she but a foul contending rebel And graceless traitor to her loving lord? I am ashamed that women are so simple To offer war where they should kneel for peace; Or seek for rule, supremacy and sway, When they are bound to serve, love and obey. Why are our bodies soft and weak and smooth, Unapt to toil and trouble in the world, But that our soft conditions and our hearts Should well agree with our external parts? Then vail your stomachs, for it is no boot, And place your hands below your husband's foot: In token of which duty, if he please, My hand is ready; may it do him ease." -Shakespeare, Taming of the Shrew

“I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naïve or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Anaïs Nin

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything." ~Nietzsche
Last edited by Anatol on January 17th, 2015, 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: ADVICE BY FAMOUS MEN IN HISTORY ON HOW TO TREAT WOMEN ~

Post by MrMan »

This is probably the most substantial post from you I've read. I didn't see any recommendations to kill all the women or throw acid in people's faces, either, so that's good.
Anatol wrote:
"A proper wife should be as obedient as a slave." ~ Aristotle (384-322 BC)
I can agree with that.
"Men's courage is shown in commanding and women's in obeying." ~ Aristotle: The Politics, Book I
This is a pretty interesting quote too, as is this one:
"Woman in her greatest perfection was made to serve and obey man, not rule and command him." ~ John Knox (1505-1572)
I think the quotes from fiction and that other woman about women eroticizing being dominated is something that varies somewhat from woman to woman. I think there is some biological wiring that causes them to prefer men to be strong in various ways. For some women, that manifests in eroticizing being dominated or just finding it erotic when it happens. In unwise women, it can manifest in liking the bad boy type.
Break the chains
Freshman Poster

Post by Break the chains »

MrMan wrote:This is probably the most substantial post from you I've read. I didn't see any recommendations to kill all the women or throw acid in people's faces, either, so that's good.
Ha, exactly what I was thinking.
Trying to be a better man
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Those Gor books Anatol is quoting have some vile stuff of the acid throwing type.

I DO like several of the other quotes. But somehow he always manages to have a turd in the punch bowl.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Does this mean that the woman can never get on top during sex? :P
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Advice By Famous Men In History On How To Treat Women

Post by Winston »

Ironically, the most powerful woman of the 1800's who ruled over the great British Empire, Queen Victoria, gave similar advice about "women's rights":

"I am most anxious to enlist everyone who can speak or write to join in checking this mad, wicked folly of "Women's Rights," with all its attendent horrors, on which her poor feeble sex is bent, forgetting every sense of womanly feelings and propriety. Feminists ought to get a good whipping. Were woman to "unsex" themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection. I love peace and quiet, I hate politics and turmoil. We women are not made for governing, and if we are good women, we must dislike these masculine occupations."
-- Queen Victoria, 1870

Why would a female ruler say that? Doesn't that contradict her own authority? Strange. If women "are not made for governing", then why was she governing from the throne? lol. I guess the Queen is an exception because monarchs are different than ordinary people, so the above doesn't apply to her. Furthermore, why didn't Queen Victoria just ban women's rights during that time?

Also, if women are not made to rule, then why did Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth I do so well in bringing prosperity to England and expanding its empire?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 19th, 2020, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:Ironically, the most powerful woman of the 1800's who ruled over the great British Empire, Queen Victoria, gave similar advice about "women's rights":

"I am most anxious to enlist everyone who can speak or write to join in checking this mad, wicked folly of "Women's Rights," with all its attendent horrors, on which her poor feeble sex is bent, forgetting every sense of womanly feelings and propriety. Feminists ought to get a good whipping. Were woman to "unsex" themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection. I love peace and quiet, I hate politics and turmoil. We women are not made for governing, and if we are good women, we must dislike these masculine occupations."
-- Queen Victoria, 1870

Why would a female ruler say that? Doesn't that contradict her own authority? Strange. If women "are not made for governing", then why was she governing from the throne? lol. I guess the Queen is an exception because monarchs are different than ordinary people, so the above doesn't apply to her. Furthermore, why didn't Queen Victoria just ban women's rights during that time?

Also, if women are not made to rule, then why did Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth I do so well in bringing prosperity to England and expanding its empire?
The power of the English monarch was already somewhat limited at that time. After the Bloodless revolution, parliament had a lot of power. They'd already gained a lot of power after the English Civil War. The king had some influence after the Bloodless Revolution, but the royal court was more the center of the social life of the country.

I heard that Queen Victoria tried to be submissive to her husband.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out what Alfred Rosenberg, one of the writers who influenced and inspired Hitler, said about women. It makes perfect sense. He explained why women are different and meant to complement men, not be independent from men or rule over men. He explained how women cannot run society or build nations, and how they lack the capacity to create and innovate due to their lower consciousness. And also why gender equality was totally insane, illogical, nonsensical, unnatural, doesn't work and will only lead to the downfall and degradation of society. So true. These writers are so demonized by western history for influencing Nazism, yet when you read their books and writings they make so much sense and are so smart and real. It's astounding how men who are so vilified could be right and make sense, which speaks volumes. It's amazing.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer's essay "On Women" is also very true and accurate though cynical. It's totally taboo today of course, but in his time people were more free to tell the truth about women and gender differences. So in that sense, people were freer before to talk about stuff like this and publish it.

http://www.heretical.com/miscella/onwomen.html