What age is too old to think about going abroad?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote: How would one know who is a scumbag or not, but to render such cointel on here without filter of newcomers is a detriment.
That's what I have been complaining about for years on-end.
That's the key - how do you know? No easy answers. I have had dozens, maybe hundreds of guys ask me about what I have been doing, particularly since I got married. I even have a blog. How many actually went? One. And he found a good woman and married her too.

So I guess I don't have to worry too much about sending the wrong people abroad because as we both know - most guys will never go.

Unfortunately, some who do go are assholes and damage the reputation for the rest of us. Hate to use a cliché - but that's the price of freedom. Ask for free speech and you have to put up with what some moron has to say. Ask for freedom to travel where you want - and some asshole will pollute a foreign country.

So I agree - no easy answers.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What age is too old to think about going abroad?

Post by Taco »

Ogie wrote:I'm 56 and have no use for toxic American women, plus I'm very aware of the decay of American society and the encroaching police state and loss of freedom. I would consider a better life in a foreign country and I do favor Asian women. Is this a young man's venture? I'm quite intimidated by the vast amount of information and sections in this entire forum, seems like it would take a lifetime just to read through everything and try to formulate some kind of plan.
This company can help you move to Cebu if your looking to retire or need general info. The guy that owns it isn't young either.

Cebu Expat Services
http://www.cebuexpatservices.com/
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

davewe wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote: How would one know who is a scumbag or not, but to render such cointel on here without filter of newcomers is a detriment.
That's what I have been complaining about for years on-end.
That's the key - how do you know? No easy answers. I have had dozens, maybe hundreds of guys ask me about what I have been doing, particularly since I got married. I even have a blog. How many actually went? One. And he found a good woman and married her too.

So I guess I don't have to worry too much about sending the wrong people abroad because as we both know - most guys will never go.

Unfortunately, some who do go are assholes and damage the reputation for the rest of us. Hate to use a cliché - but that's the price of freedom. Ask for free speech and you have to put up with what some moron has to say. Ask for freedom to travel where you want - and some asshole will pollute a foreign country.

So I agree - no easy answers.
I am following like what you are saying.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

To move to Asia, only 56 years old is not a problem at all.
It's not about your age, it is more about if you are financially secure.

To relocate is not a problem, but it is not easy to earn money in most Asian countries as a foreigner.

Nothing is worse than to find yourself on an airplane travelling back home again after running totally out of money.

I met several men who wasted large sums of cash for nightlife/girls in Asia, after getting out of Western countries.

They totally ignored all my warnings - keep in mind that Asia is not always so cheap for foreigners. You cannot live like local people. There are visa fees, medical fees, travel fees and so on. Good planning in advance is recommended.

If you are unsure, better try it first as a tourist, travel around and visit several Asian countries.