Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Post by Winston »

chanta76 wrote:Winston,

Why not just bring your son to USA to visit and take a DNA test here in the states if it's too hard in the Philippines. On top of that if you do decide to sponsor your son to the Philippines who will take care of him day to day? Would it be your parents?

Granted USA offer more educational opportunity than the Philippines or you can try to get your son better education in the Philippines. In other words give him the best opportunity he can get in the Philippines.

On side note having kids are hard..but once there is a kid even though you don't want to be day to day dad as a father there has to be some level or responsibility. I asked myself the same question since I am married as of now but not sure about being a parent. What would I do if my wife got pregnant.
Those questions have been answered hundreds of times in this thread. Didnt you read the above? See my previous 2 posts.

He cant go to the USA without citizenship. Duh. The plane ticket would cost more than the DNA test too. Your logic is strange and does not compute.

I told you, no one is trying to being my son to america. We are trying to get him a US passport so he can go overseas for more opportunities in work or study. And i mean overseas to other countries besides the US. Why do you ask the same questions over and over again? And why did you not even read my previous post?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Winston,

Well I do read previous thread but sometimes things are all over the place. Not sure if you answer this question but how do you get your son a US passport? He has to be a US citizen in order to do that. Is there a way in the Philippines. If there is a way I don't see why not. You want to give your kid a chance.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

chanta76 wrote:Winston,

Well I do read previous thread but sometimes things are all over the place. Not sure if you answer this question but how do you get your son a US passport? He has to be a US citizen in order to do that. Is there a way in the Philippines. If there is a way I don't see why not. You want to give your kid a chance.
Yes there is a way. But i had concerns about something. Start at the beginning of this thread. Read the first post. I explained it all there.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

http://manila.usembassy.gov/dna-testing.html

Relationship fraud for immigrant visa purposes is a major problem in the Philippines, and the burden of proof is upon the petitioner and/or parent to establish the claimed relationship. We sometimes are compelled to ask applicants to take additional steps to establish relationships. In the absence of any conclusive evidence, Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) testing is the most accurate and widely available technology to establish a biological relationship. DNA testing is entirely voluntary. The petitioner must decide whether to avail of DNA testing.

The U.S. Department of State requires locally administered DNA tests to be processed by a laboratory that is accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB). The preferred specimen collection technique for DNA testing is by buccal (cheek or mouth cavity) swab. Names of AABB accredited labs can be found on http://www.aabb.org/sa/facilities/Pages ... crFac.aspx . The AABB is located at 8101 Glenbrook Road, Bethesda, MD 20814-2749. The AABB can be reached by telephone at (301) 907-6977 or by fax at (301) 907-6895. The AABB's email address is aabb@aabb.org.

The petitioner must select an AABB-accredited laboratory and make the necessary arrangements for conducting the DNA test, including payment for all tested parties. Petitioners should not use third-party vendors to select their laboratory, to arrange appointments or to transport the specimens outside of the laboratory chain-of-custody controls. The DNA samples for the petitioner must be collected at a designated AABB testing site, laboratory or clinic. The AABB laboratory selected by the petitioner will send a test kit, including a pre-paid, pre-addressed return envelope and explicit sampling instructions, directly to the Embassy’s Consular Section:

U.S. Embassy
Consular Section - FPU
1201 Roxas Blvd., Ermita
1000 Manila, Philippines
Attn: DNA-IV

When the kit arrives, the Embassy’s Consular Section notifies St. Luke’s Medical Extension Clinic of the kit’s arrival. St. Luke’s then contacts the applicant to offer an appointment. The cost for the collection of the DNA samples is P1,500, which must be paid at St. Luke’s. The applicant must bring his or her passport and a photograph to his or her DNA sample collection appointment.

The applicant’s DNA sample collection will be administered at the Embassy’s Consular Section by St. Luke’s medical personnel. Once the DNA collection is completed, the DNA sample will be shipped by the Embassy to the AABB-accredited laboratory selected by the petitioner in the United States. The AABB-accredited laboratory will send the test results directly to the Embassy’s Consular Section.

As DNA testing reliability has advanced to the industry-accepted standard of 99.5 percent, consular officers may only accept test results reporting a 99.5 percent or greater degree of certainty with respect to paternity/maternity as sufficient to support a biological relationship between a parent and child in visa cases.

If an applicant wishes to present additional evidence to support the claimed relationship, we will include this in our review of the case.

http://www.aabb.org/sa/facilities/Pages ... crFac.aspx

AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities
The Relationship Testing Accreditation Program is based on AABB Standards and provides for the assessment and accreditation of laboratories performing relationship testing. The list of AABB Accreditation Relationship Testing Laboratories specifies those laboratories that have attained AABB Accreditation in relationship testing activities.

Relationship Testing Newsletter
Relationship Testing Annual Reports
Relationship Testing Collection Training Module

AABB is not a DNA testing laboratory. For DNA testing, please contact the laboratories listed below.
If there is not a laboratory in your area (city, state, or country), contact any lab on this list to make arrangements for sample collection in your area.

State Organization Name City Country Phone Number
AZ Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings Phoenix United States 1(877)434-0292
CA Advanced Immigration Genetics - Universal Genetics Los Angeles United States 1(323)500-0876
CA Andergene Labs Oceanside United States 1 (877) 899-5700
CA LB Genetics Santa Ana United States 1(714)648-0468
FL Advanced Genetics, LLC Miami United States 1(305)902-6990
FL Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings Tampa United States 1(800)877-5227 EXT 53418
GA IntelliGenetics, LLC Atlanta United States 1(855)465-9402
IL Independent Forensics of Illinois Lombard United States 1 (866) 434-2400
IN Indiana Blood Center Indianapolis United States 1 (800) 632-4722
MD DDC/DNA Diagnostics Center - Baltimore Baltimore United States 1 (410) 225-9595
MN DDC/DNA Diagnostics Center - Memorial Blood Center Saint Paul United States 1(218)723-8080
MO Paternity Testing Corporation Columbia United States 1 (888) 837-8323
MS Legal Genetics, Inc. Ocean Springs United States 1 (800) 362-4363
NC Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings Burlington United States 1 (877) 370-1129
NJ DDC/DNA Diagnostics Center - Ridgewood Ridgewood United States 1 (888) 837-5267
NV Genquest, LLC Sparks United States 1 (877) 362-5227
NY Advanced Genetics New York United States 1(212)392-4282
NY DNA Lab Center Brooklyn United States 1(866)940-4362
OH Cuyahoga Cty Reg. Forensic Sci. Lab./Med. Exam. Office Cleveland United States 1 (216) 698-4271
OH DDC/DNA Diagnostics Center Fairfield United States 1 (800) 310-9742
OH Genetica DNA Laboratories Labcorp Specialty Testing Group Cincinnati United States 1 (800) 433-6848
OK DNA Solutions, Inc. Oklahoma City United States 1 (405) 271-6033
OK Oklahoma State University Human Identity Testing Tulsa United States 1 (800) 299-7919
OR American Red Cross Blood Services Portland United States 1 (800) 922-3998
PA Mitotyping Technologies / Fairfax Identity Laboratories State College United States 1(800)234-2528
PA Universal Forensics Corporation, UFC Lab Somerset United States 1(814)701-2891
RI Rhode Island Blood Center Providence United States 1 (401) 453-8353
TX Bio Synthesis, Inc. Lewisville United States 1 (800) 362-3926
TX Cellmark Forensics Richardson United States 1 (800) 362-8378
TX Center For Medical Genetics-Dad Test Houston United States 1 (713) 790-1990
TX DNA Reference Laboratory San Antonio United States 1 (210) 692-3800
TX Gen By Gene DBA DNA Findings Houston United States 1 (832) 381-5410
UT Affiliated Genetics Salt Lake City United States 1 (800) 362-5559
UT Sorenson Genomics-Identigene Salt Lake City United States 1 (888) 404-4363
VA Genetworx LLC Glen Allen United States 1(336)395-8804
St. Luke's Medical Center Quezon City Philippines 63(02)7230101 ext 4106
Laboratorio Clinico Lic. Patria Rivas Santo Domingo Dominican Republic 1 (809) 685-0950
Referencia Laboratorio Clinico Santo Domingo Dominican Republic 1 (809) 2215545
Chengdu New Genegle Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Chengdu China 86-4008-557729
BC GeneTrack Biolabs Inc./Genex Diagnostics, Inc. Vancouver Canada 1 (604) 325-7282
ON Viaguard Accu-metrics Toronto Canada 1(877)842-4827
*Indicates that a facility has received a variance from a specific standard.

Accredited - An AABB assessor has been on the facility's premises and the facility practices were found to conform to AABB standards of practice.

AABB Accreditation Department
Email: accreditation@aabb.org
Phone: +1.301.215.6492
Fax: +1.301.657.0957 ​​
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
JenAds8147
Freshman Poster

Post by JenAds8147 »

I used easyDNA Philippines in the past.I think they are based in Angeles City. Anyway, I needed an immigration DNA test which was requested by the US authorities. I really cannot complain about the service in anyway. They were very organised and helpful and I had no issues with my DNA test results.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Your son only has until he is 18 for you to get him citizenship. Without it, you're condemning him to the life of a native Filipino. If you want to be safe about the child support, you could wait until he is 17, but if you die in the mean time, just rest your eyes knowing your child will likely live and die in poverty and squalor.

Getting him that citizenship opens up a lot of graduate education opportunities- engineering, medicine, etc- that will not be available otherwise, as he will not have the funds for student visa requirements due to the whole poverty thing and won't be eligible for financial aid. Finally, there is much to be learned in school, and the smart kids take that while leaving the rest. You can't jump into advanced mathematics or biology/biochemical after being homeschooled unless your parents were geniuses.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

HouseMD wrote:Your son only has until he is 18 for you to get him citizenship. Without it, you're condemning him to the life of a native Filipino. If you want to be safe about the child support, you could wait until he is 17, but if you die in the mean time, just rest your eyes knowing your child will likely live and die in poverty and squalor.
A bit over the top, wouldn't you say? You won't be "condemned to a life of poverty and squalor" just by virtue of being a native Filipino, that's bullshit. If Winston saves up money for his son's future and invests time and effort in his schooling, there is still a good chance he will end up top of his class and make it to a good college and a good university, such as UP Diliman or Ateneo de Manila. Not exactly Ivy League but enough to guarantee him a half-decent job within the country as well as a network and connections that could become a stepping stone to a better life...

American schooling and American citizenship isn't the only way forward in life. The word "presence" is key here. You need to be an active presence in your son's life. If Winston can do that, he can give his son the tools to make it. Just giving him citizenship and saying "so long" won't cut it.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
HouseMD wrote:Your son only has until he is 18 for you to get him citizenship. Without it, you're condemning him to the life of a native Filipino. If you want to be safe about the child support, you could wait until he is 17, but if you die in the mean time, just rest your eyes knowing your child will likely live and die in poverty and squalor.
A bit over the top, wouldn't you say? You won't be "condemned to a life of poverty and squalor" just by virtue of being a native Filipino, that's bullshit. If Winston saves up money for his son's future and invests time and effort in his schooling, there is still a good chance he will end up top of his class and make it to a good college and a good university, such as UP Diliman or Ateneo de Manila. Not exactly Ivy League but enough to guarantee him a half-decent job within the country as well as a network and connections that could become a stepping stone to a better life...

American schooling and American citizenship isn't the only way forward in life. The word "presence" is key here. You need to be an active presence in your son's life. If Winston can do that, he can give his son the tools to make it. Just giving him citizenship and saying "so long" won't cut it.
Winston won't pay for that school though, and he likely won't be there the second he finds that Chinese girl he's been looking for. So his son's best shot is him getting him citizenship at some point to optimize his chances of a good life.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Getting him that citizenship opens up a lot of graduate education opportunities- engineering, medicine, etc- that will not be available otherwise, as he will not have the funds for student visa requirements due to the whole poverty thing and won't be eligible for financial aid. Finally, there is much to be learned in school, and the smart kids take that while leaving the rest. You can't jump into advanced mathematics or biology/biochemical after being homeschooled unless your parents were geniuses.
House I think you should go look at a map of UN 21 as to what they have planned for this country coming up shortly, you need to get off the meds and WAKE THE FU CK UP! They have plans to carve this country up for the debt owed to the con artist we barrowed the credits from to run our economy the last 80 to 100 years..

By the way the education system here is a joke.
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:

House I think you should go look at a map of UN 21 as to what they have planned for this country coming up shortly, you need to get off the meds and WAKE THE FU CK UP! They have plans to carve this country up for the debt owed to the con artist we barrowed the credits from to run our economy the last 80 to 100 years..

By the way the education system here is a joke.
Think what you want about the future. I'll be over here counting my stacks of cash come five year's time because I didn't buy into your collapse hype.

As to the education system, it's plenty good if you go to the right schools or take the right major. Engineering, medicine, etc can earn you quite a good living around the globe. Once I finish training, a well paying job in Australia, Canada, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, or New Zealand is just a phone call away. A decent paying job as a professor at a PI medical school? One call and a few sheets of paper and I've got a job. I'm not afraid of a collapse because I've positioned myself apropriately via hard work and education to go anywhere, anytime.

Winston's son could do the same, rather than living on scraps, if he went to a US school and got himself a decent degree in an applied science.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

That's for you but for him it is completely and I mean completely different. America for him is pretty much gone unless the people stand up and take the country back.

You just got by in timing and all indicators are the world economy is going to sh it fast. You need to go study the history of paper money, you can start by reading Taco's signature at the bottom.
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:That's for you but for him it is completely and I mean completely different. America for him is pretty much gone unless the people stand up and take the country back.

You just got by in timing and all indicators are the world economy is going to sh it fast.
And you think the PI, which has an economy largely based around money being sent hime from America and other developed nations, will be better off post-collapse? I mean, US citizenship is a better thing to have and not need than need and not have at the end of the day. China stands a far greater risk of collapse than we do at the moment, followed by Russia and Europe.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I would agree with you if America was stabilizing but it's not, the brains and capital along with technology and industry are moving east mostly. He is a GOOK so he may be better off somewhere else. :D that was a joke, I better watch it or agent WU may put a cap in my hide.

America is a hollowed out shell economically speaking and kept alive on life support by the PETRO $ arrangement which is currently dying.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I went to easy dna office yesterday. I talked to the lady there for 2 hours because i told her deep things and reasons why i dont live in the US. She debated me on some points but i lectured her and blew her away with truth, reason and logic. Gave her my pamphlet too. Haha. Shes married to an Australian man and has been to the US several times so she understands some of my complaints about it, but not all.

Anyway, the deal is that we can order the peace of mind DNA test for 14,000 pesos. Or the immigration DNA test for 25,000 pesos. The immigration one can be used for US embassy if they require it because it complies with their requirements. But the lady told me theres a good chance that the US embassy will not require a DNA test as long as we have all the other documents they need and photos of our history together. So theres a good chance the embassy may not require it, like i said. She has known couples that gone through this before and often they did not require a DNA test for their child to get US citizenship.

What do u think? Which type of test should we do? You can read about the types of dna tests here: http://www.easydna.ph

Also what if the US embassy interviewer asks me why we waited so long? What should i say? The truth? Or why i live overseas? Will they ask those questions? Probably not right since they know every expat has his story.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That isn't true. Where do you get that? When a child turns 18, you can still get him a US passport, it's just that the process becomes more extensive and troublesome. But it's still possible. On the US Embassy website, it gives you instructions and a separate application for children under 18 and over 18. Look it up. Dude, next time don't pretend to know something you don't. I hate know it alls, which are all too common in the US.

MarcosZeitola is right. I've already sent my son to a private school that is decent. I've visited there several times and met the staff. My son is in the top of his class already too.

Btw I've decided to get my son US citizenship like Dianne wants. I've known Dianne 9 years now and feel that I trust her and know her very well now. So I feel very comfortable about getting him the US citizenship now.