Why do I freeze up when chatting up girls in USA/NE Asia?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Why do I freeze up when chatting up girls in USA/NE Asia?

Post by Winston »

Question: Why do I often freeze up when chatting up girls in North America and NE Asia during a cold approach? It's like my mind draws a blank and can't think of anything to say. After a few seconds, they leave and I lose my opportunity to try to "make something happen".

But if I try to talk to her again, it looks kind of clingy. As you know, in North America and NE Asia, girls don't like guys who come on strong.

The thing is, when I'm not talking to her, I can think of many ways to carry on a conversation. But when I'm actually talking to her, my mind draws a blank and I freeze up. Does that happen to any of you too?

I thought this was a case of nerves. But couldn't it also be because it feels inappropriate to flirt or come on strong with someone you just met? Or could it also be that the girl is sending subconscious signals with her body language that she isn't interested and doesn't want you to continue chatting her up for non-business purposes?

What do you think?

It reminds me of my piano recital when I was 14. I had practiced many times the night before and thought I had the piece down. But when it came time to play it in front of everyone, my mind drew a blank and I couldn't remember the keys. I kept hitting the wrong ones. It was embarassing. But I've never been good at memorizing steps.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 24th, 2013, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Alcohol has nothing to do with this. I'm not talking about shyness. I'm talking about my mind drawing a blank and not being able to think of what to say next. It's a case of nerves, or subconscious negative body language and inappropriateness too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

They're just cold and uninviting. Bitch shields are up.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do I freeze up when chatting up girls in USA/NE Asia

Post by Taco »

Winston wrote: As you know, in North America and NE Asia, girls don't like guys who come on strong.
Actually, they don't like you coming on to them at all. These women are married to their jobs so if they date you they'll be cheating. Its best to let them make the first move, which will never happen. The reason your nervous around them is because hitting on them is a bad idea to begin with.

I used to work with a bunch Chinese women when I lived in China and they did not have warm, fuzzy personalities. I can't imagine spending "quality time" with any of them.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

eurobrat wrote:Alcohol will help you overcome your shyness.
Al contraire, it actually worked for me; EuroBrat is right. I pulled a light-skinned Chilean BBW
in Chile (circa 2009) at a after-work bar/restaurant and I was tipsy as all-get-out.

Rejection wasn't even a dialect I was familiar with at that moment and
"Se he pedido a eso numero y correo electronico y tenía con exito"
(I asked her for that number & her email addy successfully).

Emmett 'Til this day, she and I converse with one another monthly; she writes me saying that
she keeps me in her prayers that we will cross paths again. Jajajajajaja ¡Que la vida mia!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Taco wrote:
Winston wrote: As you know, in North America and NE Asia, girls don't like guys who come on strong.
Actually, they don't like you coming on to them at all. These women are married to their jobs so if they date you they'll be cheating. Its best to let them make the first move, which will never happen. The reason your nervous around them is because hitting on them is a bad idea to begin with.

I used to work with a bunch Chinese women when I lived in China and they did not have warm, fuzzy personalities. I can't imagine spending "quality time" with any of them.
Going to agree with Taco on this one. With all due respect, this seems to be quite the rhetorical question. If they don't respond to the cold approach, don't use the cold approach. There are plenty of other ways to meet women. Heck, you'd have better results joining the old ladies in the park to do Tai Chi hoping to be introduced to their daughters than using the cold approach. Cold approach is so PUA....no thanks.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:Alcohol will help you overcome your shyness.
+1

Yup!

That's what it's for!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Taco wrote:

Really? Go on QQ then. There are tons of warm lonely desperate Chinese girls on there who want to meet a foreigner - asian or white. I met a ton of Chinese girls on there that really want to meet me and are just as sweet as the Filipinas are. No joke.

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Winston wrote:
Taco wrote:

Really? Go on QQ then. There are tons of warm lonely desperate Chinese girls on there who want to meet a foreigner - asian or white. I met a ton of Chinese girls on there that really want to meet me and are just as sweet as the Filipinas are. No joke.
Allow me to clarify. You'll get more rejection approaching women in public. However, approaching women on the internet is a good idea, these women are actively seeking a man.