Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Questions Re: Getting your Filipina a US Tourist Visa?

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Questions Re: Getting your Filipina a US Tourist Visa?

Post by Winston » May 11th, 2019, 11:56 pm

Info on how to get your Filipina a tourist visa to Europe, aka a Schengen Visa, and how to apply.

https://visareservation.com/schengen-vi ... t-holders/

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » July 12th, 2019, 8:21 pm

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » July 12th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » July 12th, 2019, 11:03 pm

Update:

Dianne's interview for US tourist visa at the US embassy tanked. It was a huge disappointment and lasted only 2 or 3 minutes. They weren't even allowed to speak unless spoken to. What a waste of money. $160 for each of them, $480 for all three of them - Dianne, her sister and mom - just for a lame quick interview in which they weren't allowed to speak or present documents or evidence to support their qualification for the tourist visa. What a scam and ripoff, totally unfair and unreasonable and improper. I never heard of such an "interview" before. An interview is supposed to be a two way street and the interviewee is supposed to be allowed to present their case. Didn't even happen in this case.

I'm gonna write a complaint letter about this and send it to as many agencies and organizations as I can. See my new complaint thread about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40447

@Contrarian Expatriate, what do you think?

CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam » July 12th, 2019, 11:10 pm

Winston wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 11:03 pm
Update:

Dianne's interview for US tourist visa at the US embassy tanked. It was a huge disappointment and lasted only 2 or 3 minutes. They weren't even allowed to speak unless spoken to. What a waste of money. $160 for each of them, $480 for all three of them - Dianne, her sister and mom - just for a lame quick interview in which they weren't allowed to speak or present documents or evidence to support their qualification for the tourist visa. What a scam and ripoff, totally unfair and unreasonable and improper. I never heard of such an "interview" before. An interview is supposed to be a two way street and the interviewee is supposed to be allowed to present their case. Didn't even happen in this case.

I'm gonna write a complaint letter about this and send it to as many agencies and organizations as I can. See my new complaint thread about it here:

@Contrarian Expatriate, what d@Contrarian Expatriate
I wouldn't even bother writing them. In the event that someone of importance actually receives it, they will happily wipe their ass with your heartfelt letter and move on with their day. Millions of people have found themselves in your wife's shoes and it's only become harder to get a tourist visa.

Applying for a tourist visa as a filipino(a) is a waste of time and money. Most of the time the interviewer has already made up his mind based on things like income, address, marital status, occupation and so on. The chance that the interview changes the outcome is very small. Filipinos are absolutely notorious for overstaying their visas, working under the table while "visiting", or hunting for a husband while they arrive in the US. It's no shock that it's so difficult to get a tourist visa as a filipino.

And I agree it's bullshit that a rejection causes the applicant to be out the entire $160 !! WTF ! I understand if they only kept $80 for the interview and then charged $80 for the actual visa processing, but $160 in many countries is a shit ton of money!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » July 12th, 2019, 11:44 pm

Winston wrote:
July 12th, 2019, 11:03 pm
Update:

@Contrarian Expatriate, what do you think?
Absolutely horrible news, but not all that uncommon an experience with a woman who is not married. Consular Officers have broad latitude and are extremely subjective about denials. I would say there was something in the visa application that sealed the deal, most likely her single status. Certain countries have high overstay rates and single females tend to be seen as the riskiest of all.

I would recommend Dianne apply, get accepted and enroll in a some educational institution to get a student visa at some point if you don't want to marry her. The 90 day fiance visa is an option and you can of course refrain from getting married and just have her return before the 90 days run out.

Sorry things did not work out as hoped, but hers is a very common experience.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » July 15th, 2019, 11:42 pm

Ok I posted my long complaint letter to the US Embassy here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40447&p=327129#p327129

What do you think? Should I send that out to as many places as I can, including my blog here? And post it on complaint websites too, such as RipoffReport.com and the BBB website?

Does the letter make a strong legit case of complaint and dispute?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » July 16th, 2019, 1:12 am

Rock showed me this site for the Dept of State Attorney General, where one can file a complaint of the nature I described above. I'll post it below for reference.

https://www.stateoig.gov/

https://www.stateoig.gov/contact

https://www.stateoig.gov/hotline