Applying for Fiance Visa?

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Applying for Fiance Visa?

Post by cadams84 »

I am currently trying to get things sorted to apply for a visa for my fiance so we can be married in the United States. Some of the paperwork seems pretty straight forward just filling in the box. What I am not sure about is the proof of a relationship etc. How do you package this information? Do I make a folder of this information starting when we first started talking going through to now?

We have thousands of emails from the last 3 years and hundreds of pictures from the few months I spent with her in the Philippines in 2013.

Is it best to try and sort this stuff out my self or should I get help from a service? I talked to two immigration lawyers one wanted $1,600 and the other wanted $1,200... I kind of feel like that is a little expensive to fill out a few papers that I am giving them all of the answers for.

Suggestions or advice is appreciated!

Thanks.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jtest28
Freshman Poster

Re: Applying for Fiance Visa?

Post by jtest28 »

Damn, how did I miss this thread?

I talked to a lawyer about the k1 Visa and they wanted $2500! Actually, with all the work involved, its almost worth it. But I ended up doing it myself. Mostly, sorta, anyway. See, I used TnVisaExpert and filled out their questionnaire with my Fiancé on yahoo IM so she could answer the questions in it, and TvVisaExpert, actually filled in the blanks on all the needed documents. Then I downloaded them, printed them out, and signed them. Next I mailed them to the government with a check. There was a certain order they wanted it, but it really wasn't required. However, I would still recommend putting the documents in that order, and I even made an index in the front. I bought a 3-hole, hole puncher and a 3-ring notebook and some folder dividers that you could labeled, and just labeled the sections 1 through 13, as there were 13 different entries TvVisaExpert made on the cover page for it. And yes, you need at least ten pics of you with the girl that are less than 2 years old, and its even a bit better to have some with her family too (with her in them too of course). Theres notebook folders that are clear that are meant to take certain sizes of pics, I recommend using those for the pics. You also need plenty of e-mails printed out. I heard the number one reason for an application not getting approved was lack of evidence of relationship. I just printed out the e-mails, two or three for every week and it came to be over an 1.5 inches thick of just the e-mails. Also, receipts of gifts to her are also recommended to put in there, and flight itinerary also. You also need income tax return for last year, and its better to include the return for the last three years is even better, though not required. Theres a bunch of shit you need. Letter from employer stating you work there full time (as if income tax return doesn't prove that, lol) If you own your own house, thats not required but looks good, so a copy of your deed can go in with all that too, etc. Bunch of shit. I wish the government just had one long form that you and her signed, and add some pics and you're done. be alot less confusion.
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Post by cadams84 »

Thanks for the reply. I ended up doing the paperwork myself and everything worked out. She was approved and we are now married and living in the USA. We were just married a few weeks ago though so right now I have to get ready and file for her change of status.... Here we go again with the paperwork....
benty
Freshman Poster

Post by benty »

Hi cadams84 ,How long paperwork is going on....What is the status now?Really appreciate your talent..Keep in touch with us..Thanks In adavance :D :D
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Seems like a huge hassle. I wonder how much paperwork is required if you marry and stay in phil instead. Then again the phil government has that nasty requirement of provign your a nice guy now and not some abuser.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 28th, 2020, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Ghost wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Seems like a huge hassle. I wonder how much paperwork is required if you marry and stay in phil instead. Then again the phil government has that nasty requirement of provign your a nice guy now and not some abuser.
Really? What do they do? Ah, Flips and their unending ability for killing Golden Geese. If they do shit like this, it just gives Westerners a much greater incentive to pump n' dump or have a "when I'm in the Phils" asawa instead of actually marrying.
new requirement is a letter from a person of authority that you are of good character LOL what gets me is if someone was determined couldn't they just have some phony letter written with a phone to one of their friends? All its doing is creating another hassle for legit people.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 28th, 2020, 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cadams84
Freshman Poster

Post by cadams84 »

Just a quick update on our application for change of status... We received a letter saying that after reviewing our application we will probably receive an interview waiver and our case will be complete within 6 months. She has also already received her authorization of employment photo ID and is currently working.

I guess I am better at doing paperwork than I thought 8)