Which countries in Asia do you need a visa for?

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.
Winston
Site Admin

Which countries in Asia do you need a visa for?

Post by Winston »

Which countries in Asia do you need a visa for and which do you don't, for US passports? Can someone make a list?

What about these:

China
Hong Kong
Singapore
Japan
Vietnam
Korea
Thailand
Philippines
Malaysia
Indonesia
Macau
Mongolia
Cambodia
Etc.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Which countries in Asia do you need a visa for?

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Which countries in Asia do you need a visa for and which do you don't, for US passports? Can someone make a list?

What about these:

China
Hong Kong
Singapore
Japan
Vietnam
Korea
Thailand
Philippines
Malaysia
Indonesia
Macau
Mongolia
Cambodia
Etc.
With US passport, of the countries you listed, a pre-arranged visa is only needed for China, Vietnam, Mongolia, and Cambodia. But with Cambodia, I think you can buy it at the airport after you land there but before going through immigration (double check that though). You would also need a visa to go to Myanmar, India, and Russia (Asian part) or most other CIS parts of Asia.

With your Taiwan citizenship and passport, you can get a Taibaozheng for China, better than using your US passport I think. With the other countries, probably best to stick with your US Passport.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

For Vietnam you do Visa on Arrival. Several online companies for a small charge will arrange the visa which you then pick up at the airport on arrival.

I'm going there in 2 weeks and cant wait!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Which countries in Asia do you need a visa for and which do you don't, for US passports? Can someone make a list?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requi ... s_citizens
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Thailand - no visa for most nationalities.
Myanmar - need a visa. There were talks of allowing visa on arrival but as a few months ago it had not been implemented.
Cambodia - need a VOA, you can now also get it online
Laos - VOA
Singapore - No
Indonesia - VOA
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Thailand - no visa for most nationalities.
According to my non-expert websurfing-only research, Thailand is 30 days without visa, or 60 days with visa.

(Of course one wonders how overstay will be enforced if there is no visa stamped in one's passport...... :twisted: :idea: )
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

You are correct, 30 days is the norm for no-visa entries. A 60-day visa is a tourist visa and it can be extended an additional 30 days for $65.

Thai immigration always puts a stamp in the passport. It's a small triangle that they put the date inside. Visas can be stickers that take up a page or a stamp that takes up a half a page. It depends on the visa.

My previous passport:

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Rock wrote:

What about these:

China
Hong Kong
Singapore
Japan
Vietnam
Korea
Thailand
Philippines
Malaysia
Indonesia
Macau
Mongolia
Cambodia
Etc.
With US passport, of the countries you listed, a pre-arranged visa is only needed for China, Vietnam, Mongolia, and Cambodia. But with Cambodia, I think you can buy it at the airport after you land there but before going through immigration (double check that though). You would also need a visa to go to Myanmar, India, and Russia (Asian part) or most other CIS parts of Asia.

With your Taiwan citizenship and passport, you can get a Taibaozheng for China, better than using your US passport I think. With the other countries, probably best to stick with your US Passport.
US Passports Marry Cambodian Visas: Explained (as of 2007)

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
My previous passport:

Great Scott! Pun intended.