It's been a while

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
RedMenace
Freshman Poster

It's been a while

Post by RedMenace »

Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I frequented this forum (couple of years) and during my absence a lot has been achieved. I went to China at the end of 2013 to chase tail and that kind of ended not so badly. Though I didn't get the girl I went there for, I ended up getting a better girl but we subsequently split few months later due to long distance relationship difficulties. On the bright side I learn't a lot of things because looking back I was absolutely not ready to invade China. Fast forward to now, I just completed my Electrical & Electronic Engineering degree and have secured a job as Electronic/Electrical Engineer at one of the biggest aerospace and defence companies in the UK, I feel it's time to dust off my China invasion plans and start planning for another round :). So for anyone in their late teens to mid twenties, I can give some solid advice on expectations when visiting China (I advise you don't until you've achieved something like finishing college or working) and general life advice. It's been a very long and painful journey to complete 3 years of university + a year internship and I look forward to enjoying life now. :mrgreen:
Winston
Site Admin

Re: It's been a while

Post by Winston »

Nice trip report. So what are the pros and cons of China to you? What do you like most and what do you like least?

Are you white or asian? Some white guys claim that white guys don't do well there. Why? Is that true?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: It's been a while

Post by xiongmao »

Nice report. I did OK in China despite being an overweight middle aged white dude. My top tip is that Chinese ladies love alpha dudes. Well that's the same everywhere really, regardless of what feminists/manginas say.

Anyway, the #1 piece of advice I would give you is save every damned penny you can. I watched an early retirement show last night. They claimed if you save 75% of your salary you can retire in just 7 years.

I'm not quite in that league but I have saved up more cash than pretty much anybody else I personally know in the UK.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”