Newbie from Texas

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
snede
Freshman Poster

Newbie from Texas

Post by snede »

I've just joined, and here I am introducing myself.

I am older, never married and no children. I haven't dated anyone in over 15 years, the dating world has changed very much for the worse and the only choices I have in the West are grandmothers who have divorced at least once and are decades past their expiration date. Since I still want a family, there's no point in dating these women.

I managed to get myself into a bit of a financial bind (at least by my standards), but I expect to have my debts paid off in the next 6 months. After that, I need to put a LOT of money into fixing up my house so that I will be able to rent it out. This will take at least the next 18 months, but then I should have a fairly steady income from it, enough to live frugally in any number of less expensive countries.

Mind you, I'm also in IT and will be looking for a work from home/work remote job when my current contract runs out. As long as I have a reliable high speed Internet connection, I should be good. The work schedules might be a bit screwy, but workable.

Since I have a strong preference for white women, my current plan is to head to Eastern Europe, particularly countries that are not experiencing large amounts of Islamic migrants. I need to do a lot more research on which countries are the strongest on family values and marriage integrity. Suggestions are welcome. Finding a woman half my age to have a family with will be challenging and there is no way I will be moving back to the U.S. once I do get married.

I'm good with second tier cities, I'm not really a big city kind of guy. Additionally, because I am in this for the long run, I tend to judge women's attractiveness more in terms of "how will she look in 20 years and 20 pounds" and "do I want to sit across from her at the breakfast table every day" than how hot she looks in a nightclub.

What do I have to offer? I'm tall, have a full head of hair (with very little grey), have a high IQ (yes, I'm a Mensa member), and I make a very solid income in IT.

Any thoughts?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gravity25x
Freshman Poster

Re: Newbie from Texas

Post by gravity25x »

Hey, new member here too, but I've been following the forum for a long time, and am personally already abroad (do it, it's worth it).

If you have a good income by western standards, that would make it a phenomenal income by Russian/ex-soviet standards. I've never been to south-east asia, but many of the guys on this forum have been, they say that they seem to be more open to older men. But the fact that you make plenty of money means that you might still have good possibilities in the former USSR. I don't know how good, I'm in my mid-20s so that is not something I've ever had to deal with. You don't lose anything by trying though, you aren't gunna get any decent dates in the smelly old US of A anyway. I'd ask some of the guys here that have been to both the former USSR AND south-east asia for a comparison.

Most people in America your age haven't dated anyone in the last 15 years, it's normal as far as I have seen, though almost no one in America would ever admit that.

If I had to guess, from all the knowledge and experience I have gained from traveling: You'll find what you are looking for in the former USSR. But it has to be the right kind of girl, you will have a slightly harder time than a younger guy, but it won't be impossible. Make sure you keep a good income/have a lot of saivngs because that is the main thing you have going for you (There is nothing wrong with that, just being honest, you're old) Russian girls are very practical. They want to know: "What is your income?" "Do you want children?" etc, etc. They don't think like westerners.

I don't know what your financial bind is, but have you considered selling your house? Or are you planning to return to the US? How are the property taxes in your state? I'd recommend doing a costing of both options (selling your house vs not selling it), write it out on a piece of paper or excel spreadsheet. Maintenance can get extremely expensive when someone else is doing it and you're paying a property management firm to manage it (and they may have a deal with a local maintenance man to charge overseas landlords through the roof, since they know you can't do anything). Just be wary.
snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede »

Good questions. My current financial bind is that I'm about $19K in debt. My current projection is that barring some significant event, I expect to have it paid off within 6 months. Then I need to spend quit a bit on the house. If I sell my house, I will get a lump sum that I will pay quite a bit of tax on and I won't have any more appreciation in value. If I rent the house out, I expect to clear $1500+/month in income. And the market here is not going to decrease anytime soon. Being able to leave my hypothetical family an inheritance of over $500K is important to me.

I hope Russian (and other EE girls) are practical. Western women aren't. The idea of security, stability and comfort never occurs to American women until they are far past their expiration dates. Our culture has indoctrinated them in the ideas of excitement and drama with no concern for future consequences.

If I was turned on by asian/oriental women, I would be headed for that part of the world, but I'm not. I like white women, particularly demonspawned redheads.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

gravity25x wrote:I don't know what your financial bind is, but have you considered selling your house? Or are you planning to return to the US? How are the property taxes in your state? I'd recommend doing a costing of both options (selling your house vs not selling it), write it out on a piece of paper or excel spreadsheet. Maintenance can get extremely expensive when someone else is doing it and you're paying a property management firm to manage it (and they may have a deal with a local maintenance man to charge overseas landlords through the roof, since they know you can't do anything). Just be wary.
I would second these concerns about relying on rental property money while you're overseas. I was doing that the first six times I went to Europe and it was a perfect nightmare. You name the problem, it came up -- with tenants, property managers, and the building itself. As an example, one property manager I had collected $5K n rent and didn't give me a penny of it. Jus dared me to come to Detroit and do something about it. I sold my last place in May, and am delighted not to be aa property owner any more.
gravity25x
Freshman Poster

Post by gravity25x »

gsjackson wrote:
gravity25x wrote:I don't know what your financial bind is, but have you considered selling your house? Or are you planning to return to the US? How are the property taxes in your state? I'd recommend doing a costing of both options (selling your house vs not selling it), write it out on a piece of paper or excel spreadsheet. Maintenance can get extremely expensive when someone else is doing it and you're paying a property management firm to manage it (and they may have a deal with a local maintenance man to charge overseas landlords through the roof, since they know you can't do anything). Just be wary.
I would second these concerns about relying on rental property money while you're overseas. I was doing that the first six times I went to Europe and it was a perfect nightmare. You name the problem, it came up -- with tenants, property managers, and the building itself. As an example, one property manager I had collected $5K n rent and didn't give me a penny of it. Jus dared me to come to Detroit and do something about it. I sold my last place in May, and am delighted not to be aa property owner any more.
This is pretty much what I was talking about. There are some real scumbags out there. But even a scumbag won't try anything he doesn't think he'll get away with. If you're a 15 minute drive from his office, he will think twice before pulling anything (in the end he probably won't, he doesn't know if you're crazy or not haha). But if it will cost you $1500 to fly back to the US and then more money to sue him? Why shouldn't he try it?

Snede. If you have someone trustworthy (good family, your best friend, etc), you could give them a limited power of attorney to represent you to the property management firm and make decisions on your behalf/keep an eye on the property. This is the only way I can see it going well. Without this I think it would be better just to let the house sit and appreciate in value. (I know that sounds horrible). But it will be a smaller headache and you won't be getting magical "repair bills" that you can't confirm are real....just pay the homeowners insurance and make sure you don't have an unattended building clause (if such a thing exists...) If you're in Houston/Austin(especially austin)/Dallas I think you'd be right to keep it, since those markets are huge (but I'm not real estate wiz). I lived in Corpus Christi, where the market is OK, but not like those cities.

I think wanting to give your future family a huge inheritance is a very noble thing. Honestly I think it is a father's/husband's duty, so if that is your belief too then you should do that.

After I wrote the above I thought of a compromise, you can do the best of both ideas: First, try to find the most reputable management company you can. (assuming you can't find a relative to do it for you/represent you). Once you have found this company with great reviews (etc), you entrust them with collecting your rent, paying for repairs, etc (doing property management). If things get out of hand (you know they are cheating you), then fly back to the states (at your own expense) and take the property away from their management. Install a little $20 spy camera somewhere in your house, to make sure they don't illegally put up a tenant there, use wifi to check it every now and then lol (if you're the kind of person that thinks of every possibility like me lol). And then just pay the property tax, homeowners insurance, and let the house appreciate. Best case, you get tons of money from rental income. Worst case, you work as an IT guy for a few more years before you can retire. Your descendants will have a huge inheritance either way.

The most traditional women you could probably find (that are white) are probably siberian girls in Russia or girls in smaller towns in Belarus. Yes many siberians are asian, but there are a lot of white slavs out there too because of the USSR. They won't be spoiled by westerners because you need a visa to go to both countries, and westerners are lazy (lol).

Best of luck to you!