Aussie ex-pat - new here

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Hodysseus
Freshman Poster

Aussie ex-pat - new here

Post by Hodysseus »

Hello all
Happy to have found this place. Moved to America from Australia.
I reckon I went the wrong way.
Pining for Asian existence.
Hope to learn much here and contribute where possible.
Cheers
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Welcome to the forum, Hodysseus! Why in the heck did you come to the U.S.? Wait...I know the answer: you wanted to get away from Australia? Because, really, what difference is there between Australia and the U.S. nowadays? Same Anglo culture and history, so you have all the same problems in both countries. ...
Hodysseus
Freshman Poster

Post by Hodysseus »

zboy1 wrote:Welcome to the forum, Hodysseus! Why in the heck did you come to the U.S.? Wait...I know the answer: you wanted to get away from Australia? Because, really, what difference is there between Australia and the U.S. nowadays? Same Anglo culture and history, so you have all the same problems in both countries. ...

I backpacked for many years eventually settling in NYC.
I reckon things were better in America 20+ years ago. Business was easier, American women liked me more. But it has changed so much. Most ex-pats I know are now disillusioned with the American dream. And most American men too.
I reckon Australia is a bit worse than USA for PC stuff, but America always does things bigger and better, and well on our way over the cliff...

I "spat the dummy" after divorce. sold everything and moved to Thailand. Loved it.....but I have kid in USA - so returned after a few months.
I would be living in Asia now, not sure how to swing it.
Basically a prisoner....
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

There's no such thing as a prisoner. You only have this one life to play with. It's up to you what is most important for your happiness.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Hodysseus
Freshman Poster

Post by Hodysseus »

The_Adventurer wrote:There's no such thing as a prisoner. You only have this one life to play with. It's up to you what is most important for your happiness.
true. But sometimes there is.
Nothing better than having children. Nothing worse than having them stolen(or threats of such).
What I want to do is be with my kid - it makes me very happy.
Spending time in places like Bangla rd makes me very happy too.
Wish I could combine the two.

In America passports, drivers licenses, taxi drivers licenses, etc are revoked if in arrears of ex-wife stipend. And eventually actual jail. It surely is actual prison.

My situation is not like that. My ex is far wealthier than I was. So no crippling monthly slavery fees. However, my "prison" is self imposed due to my love/obligation of my kid. And it is not a trivial matter.
If it were, divorce would be much easier for guys. They could simply say "take the kids - I don't care". But they can't. And this is what the crooked and destructive legal system plays on. The actual laws aren't as biased/ruthless as the end result. They use the kids and various harassment techniques to extract more money from the guy, holding the kids hostage. And then take the kids anyway...
And is my unfailing mantra to warn men to not get married. Not be involved in the system of slavery in the first place. Can't get dates? No worries - fly to Asia. Just once. Then decide on how you live...
Melvin Udall: “I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability.�
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

You said it yourself. What you WANT to do is be with your kid. You even called your situation self emposed. That's not a prison. That's a choice. Not being able to move abroad is a sacrifice in favor of that choice.

I would choose my kid over partying it up in the Philippines too. That's a choice, and one I am enjoying, rather than a prison.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Just do what I did and live in Bangkok for 6 months. I'm pretty much partied out now. Phew, now that's out of my system. I'd love to find a decent lady and put all my effort into raising a kid or two.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Hodysseus
Freshman Poster

Post by Hodysseus »

Bkk - lucky you.
I did a few months. Need another few.
So far from east coast USA .
I may go to Dominican Republic - only 3 hours.
Some are skinny...
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Hodysseus wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:There's no such thing as a prisoner. You only have this one life to play with. It's up to you what is most important for your happiness.
Nothing better than having children. Nothing worse than having them stolen(or threats of such).

In America passports, drivers licenses, taxi drivers licenses, etc are revoked if in arrears of ex-wife stipend. And eventually actual jail. It surely is actual prison.

My situation is not like that. My ex is far wealthier than I was. So no crippling monthly slavery fees. However, my "prison" is self imposed due to my love/obligation of my kid. And it is not a trivial matter.
If it were, divorce would be much easier for guys. They could simply say "take the kids - I don't care". But they can't. And this is what the crooked and destructive legal system plays on. The actual laws aren't as biased/ruthless as the end result. They use the kids and various harassment techniques to extract more money from the guy, holding the kids hostage. And then take the kids anyway...
And is my unfailing mantra to warn men to not get married. Not be involved in the system of slavery in the first place. Can't get dates? No worries - fly to Asia. Just once. Then decide on how you live...
Hat tip to a MAN that takes care of his child...vs the he-bitch "guys" who leave them at the mercy of
their mother.

Mothers have children. CHILDREN HAVE FATHERS.
The sad children who do not have such will grow up to be whiny little bitches...like the "guy" who
spawned them.

How old is your daughter?

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
Hodysseus
Freshman Poster

Post by Hodysseus »

OutWest wrote:
Hodysseus wrote:

Hat tip to a MAN that takes care of his child...vs the he-bitch "guys" who leave them at the mercy of
their mother.

Mothers have children. CHILDREN HAVE FATHERS.
The sad children who do not have such will grow up to be whiny little bitches...like the "guy" who
spawned them.

How old is your daughter?

Outwest
Mindanao, Philippines
Thanks, my daughter is 10.
I just paid to fly to her city to see her winter concert this week. Was vacillating for a few days. Mostly about the money.
But she needs it more than me.
Polishing my anti-feminist armor now to deal with the other mothers.
cheers
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

Hodysseus, Latin America is in your back yard. You can always go there to met some great Latinas. I just got back from Medellin.
I was in Australia in 2004. I had a great time, everyone was friendly
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Welcome, I hope this site helps and enriches your outlook, just read some of the information with a grain of salt and you'll be great.

And yes, you went the wrong way haha, but once you go the right way, you'll know it was always the only way.