My Deal

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
kinzoku
Freshman Poster

My Deal

Post by kinzoku »

I'm a recent college graduate. Misanthrope and recluse and often unashamedly so. I just am very picky with people. I've had my eyes to the east from a very young age. I'm a cynic and realist so I don't feel like you can solve all your problems just be rocketing yourself around the world. Wherever you go there you are.

But I also love adventure and that is what has driven me to take some time abroad. There is so much out there in the world and I can't spend my life in one place, one culture. I should be in Korea or China by September. I hope to spend a few years working and travelling around Asia. We shall see what time permits.

As for global dating, I've given it thought, but I'm not much of a relationship guy. I don't need people, but if I find a connection I pursue it. I'm an observer and I like it that way. I love history and philosophy.

I'm not sure what else to say. I hope to share my experiences here and listen to what you all have to say.

I'm interested in the debate over feminism in North America. I often find myself on the other side of the fence to modern day feminism which strives less for equality and more for policing the thoughts and behavior of individuals. On the other hand, I am far from an MRA and think they are often just as radical in their approach. So I don't know where that leaves me.

I am not disgusted with american culture or women, they have ups and downs, like everything and every one. But its time for a change of scenery.

Cheers :)
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Ehhhhh then just travel to the UK, Australia, Canada, or New Zealand for that matter.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Welcome to HA!

Give me a shout if you're ever in China.

Just don't get too wrapped up with feminism though. Women are mysterious creatures at best, and our man brains are not cut out for dealing with them.

But come here and you'll find some of the most beautiful and exotic creatures imaginable!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
kinzoku
Freshman Poster

Post by kinzoku »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Ehhhhh then just travel to the UK, Australia, Canada, or New Zealand for that matter.
Well I live in Canada, and the UK and Australia are places I'd love to visit sometime, but I love east asian culture, food, history, and philosophy and I've wanted to visit Japan, China and Korea for quite some time. So I have a personal interest in going to those places. Thanks for the advice though.
xiongmao wrote:Welcome to HA!

Give me a shout if you're ever in China.

Just don't get too wrapped up with feminism though. Women are mysterious creatures at best, and our man brains are not cut out for dealing with them.

But come here and you'll find some of the most beautiful and exotic creatures imaginable!
Yeah I'm not too wrapped up in it. I'm just a student of intellectual history and as such I love to dissect ideology. The newest battlefront of ideology in online media does seem to be feminism, and this site has a lot of talk about it, so I figured I'd mention my stance in my introduction. On the whole though I think that is great advice. People can get lost in their respective battles over ideology. Waste of time. And as for understanding women...I hear that.

Yeah I grew up around a lot of first and second gen Asian immigrants, awesome people. I'm doing my stint in Korea for some cash and a travel hub for asia. I'll probably move on to China. Its funny I think I interviewed for a university in Ghaungzhou which is where you reside, correct? I may still end up there if my current job prospect falls through. Well not necessarily in Ghaungzhou but in china. With a BA and a TESL its fairly easy to land a gig teaching at a uni and my friends tell me its fairly secure. I get the feeling that a lot of people here are independent businessmen or are travelling on saved money but those aren't really options for me, and I'll slog through some ESL for a chance to travel.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

@The Original Poster of this Thread,

Guy, your mentality isn't ready for outside the Anglosphere well except the Philippines you'll fit in. But other countries, your personality is off-par for them IMHO.
kinzoku
Freshman Poster

Post by kinzoku »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:@The Original Poster of this Thread,

Guy, your mentality isn't ready for outside the Anglosphere well except the Philippines you'll fit in. But other countries, your personality is off-par for them IMHO.
Well fair enough, you may be right, I don't know. I'm headed there anyways but if I don't click with the culture, thats cool, just another life experience and piece of knowledge to take with me. With my interests being as they are, I have to try.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My Deal

Post by Jester »

kinzoku wrote: But I also love adventure and that is what has driven me to take some time abroad. There is so much out there in the world and I can't spend my life in one place, one culture. I should be in Korea or China by September. I hope to spend a few years working and travelling around Asia. We shall see what time permits.

As for global dating, I've given it thought, but I'm not much of a relationship guy. I don't need people, but if I find a connection I pursue it. I'm an observer and I like it that way. I love history and philosophy.....

I'm not sure what else to say. I hope to share my experiences here and listen to what you all have to say.
Welcome to the forum.

Please do share your experiences.

Nothing wrong with living life on your terms. BTW from your self-description I wonder if you will find Japan a close fit, if you ever visit.

In any case I am sure you wiill have a blast wherever you land. Enjoy.
kinzoku
Freshman Poster

Post by kinzoku »

@Jester

Japan was my first choice, a little more expensive to live, a little harder for me to get the security and remuneration I want. I hope to go there after I've spent a year in Korea. I just spent the better part of a year learning Japanese history. Love it. Love the food, love the culture, ect and so forth. So good catch :)
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

kinzoku wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:@The Original Poster of this Thread,

Well fair enough, you may be right, I don't know. I'm headed there anyways but if I don't click with the culture, thats cool, just another life experience and piece of knowledge to take with me. With my interests being as they are, I have to try.
You have a good attitude, man!

Welcome and enjoy your journey!