Lamb here - A woman looking to get out of America

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
lamb
Freshman Poster

Lamb here - A woman looking to get out of America

Post by lamb »

I know, this place is for men looking for better options on different horizons... But I'm in the same boat. I hope I don't get too much disapproval. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. : P
I'm looking for love, and hopefully I'll find it elsewhere. I'm just genuinely unhappy in America. I dream of leaving, but I'm scared to go off into uncharted territory (by me, anyways). I don't know many people overseas whatsoever, and besides - None of them can help me.
Maybe this is a weird thing to offer, but I'd even be willing to be taken on as a house-maid so overseas, or an English tutor (which I've done before, but not anywhere except America) - Anything, really - Just to get out of here and take the next steps in my life which I feel are vital to my own happiness.
Other than that - I'm 21, nearly 22 (June 8th!). I'm Russian, Sicilian and Armenian, mostly. 5'5. Kinda chubby, but willing to make any sacrifices for happiness. Which brings me to my next statement: I'm incredibly obedient. I'm a good girl, so to speak. I do what I'm told and I'm incredibly intelligent. I cook, clean, entertain, open to learning and trying new things and am not afraid to be away from the comforts of my 'home'.
I'm quick-witted. I admit, I have a perverted sense of humor; but I'm polite in mixed company.
Blah blah blah. I don't want to talk endlessly lol.
If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. : )

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Welcome to the forum, lamb. What makes you unhappy living in America? I have many thoughts about this subject, but it would take too long to post, lol! It's always nice to get a different perspective from a different gender once in a while.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Lamb here - A woman looking to get out of America

Post by Jester »

Welcome and Godspeed.
lamb wrote: Other than that - I'm 21, nearly 22 (June 8th!).
Congrats on seeing the light so oung. You are at an ideal point to make radical change and secure a good life for yourself.

lamb wrote: I'm Russian, Sicilian and Armenian
There's a gangster/Mafia joke in there somewhere.

lamb wrote: If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. : )
Obedience, the domestic arts, being a good hostess, youth - all major pluses.

I guess off the top of my head, you should go where there are some men whom you could admire and obey and trust. In your case they would need to be intelligent. You could for example find successful, forceful, intelligent Armenian men in Moscow, but you'd have to be careful of the post-Soviet lack of character. They might hurt you.

A good man is hard to find.

An older/younger dating/matchmaking site might get you some attention, if you post a description similar to what you posted here. You would need to screen out the U.S. posters, which would cut the numbers way down though.

TEFL sounds like a great idea to try out a new country, especially if you can work it around to teaching businessmen, a opposed to students. Berlitz does that. And Ladislav and Cornfed, members here, have taught English in schools abroad. Several others too. There are decent-paying TEFL jobs in the Persian Gulf countries, if you get the right certifications. Even if you taught schoolkids there you would be in a position to meet American military men, many of whom want an obedient wife. Lots of officers are very educated.

One thing about TEFL is that being young is actually an advantage in getting a job. Japan only lets in young teachers, and Asian countries in general want only young teachers to teach schoolkids. So it's an area where you have an edge in getting a job. And some language schools help you out with a safe place to live, plus a built-in network with other teachers.

Also just by being young, you might slip easily into Canada, New Zealand, or Australia, if those countries interest you.

I suppose also you could register with one of the "au pair" services. You would be living with a couple, working as a nanny, with some time off to learn the local language and get out too. I'm not sure what countries participate.

ZBoy is right, tell us why you're leaving.

And what your dreams are, too. Leaving the U.S. is not a goal, it's a step toward the goal. You have to have a goal in order to get there, even if it's silly or implausible.

And what your languages are.

BTW what "kind" of Armenian are you? I'm guessing one maternal grandparent was a DP (Displaced Person) from World War Two?
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Americans in your age group can work & live in New Zealand & Australia by getting a Work-Holiday visa. It lasts for 1 year & can be renewed. Do you speak any other languages besides english ?? As well having an american passport gives you many options for Internships & Apprenticeships worldwide. I see you don't mind domestic work, try being a Nanny if you have to, rather than being a cleaner. If you would like to learn a new languge there's also the option of being an Aupair. I was also 21 when I left ... when travelling have a good attitude, keep an open mind and be street smart, everything will be very easy 8)
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Every once in awhile you find women who want something other than American men who are mostly slight variations of the ball cap wearing, go out to drink loving, suck-up to female types.

American men are no longer manly, so I understand her completely. American men used to be tough, handy, daring, adventurous John Wayne and Jim Brown types.

Feminism has made many of us into metrosexuals. What woman wants that?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Every once in awhile you find women who want something other than American men who are mostly slight variations of the ball cap wearing, go out to drink loving, suck-up to female types.

American men are no longer manly, so I understand her completely. American men used to be tough, handy, daring, adventurous John Wayne and Jim Brown types.

Feminism has made many of us into metrosexuals. What woman wants that?
Yeah. How come there aren't men like Charles Bronson or Clint Eastwood anymore?

Even in action movies today, for the guy to act tough, he has to do tons of crazy shit and risk his life in suicidal maneuvers and survive by being lucky (cause of the stupid script of course). That's so stupid. No guy in real life could live up to those standards. For example, Bruce Willis has to do a ton of suicidal shit that no one could survive in real life in his Die Hard movies to look cool. It's really stupid and overdone. He overacts and his personality is anything but down to earth.

Even cowboy types today do not act like real men anymore. They are only good for singing and acting like politically correct manginas.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Lamb here - A woman looking to get out of America

Post by momopi »

lamb wrote:I know, this place is for men looking for better options on different horizons... But I'm in the same boat. I hope I don't get too much disapproval. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. : P
I'm looking for love, and hopefully I'll find it elsewhere. I'm just genuinely unhappy in America. I dream of leaving, but I'm scared to go off into uncharted territory (by me, anyways). I don't know many people overseas whatsoever, and besides - None of them can help me.
Maybe this is a weird thing to offer, but I'd even be willing to be taken on as a house-maid so overseas, or an English tutor (which I've done before, but not anywhere except America) - Anything, really - Just to get out of here and take the next steps in my life which I feel are vital to my own happiness.
Other than that - I'm 21, nearly 22 (June 8th!). I'm Russian, Sicilian and Armenian, mostly. 5'5. Kinda chubby, but willing to make any sacrifices for happiness. Which brings me to my next statement: I'm incredibly obedient. I'm a good girl, so to speak. I do what I'm told and I'm incredibly intelligent. I cook, clean, entertain, open to learning and trying new things and am not afraid to be away from the comforts of my 'home'.
I'm quick-witted. I admit, I have a perverted sense of humor; but I'm polite in mixed company.
Blah blah blah. I don't want to talk endlessly lol.
If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. : )

There are also numerous study abroad programs, charities, and religious organizations that operate internationally.

Consider, in China only the very top students can qualify to attend Tsinghua University or Beijing University (Beida). But as a foreign exchange student, you can attend these universities without an entrance exam. For grad school programs (MBA) there's even the option to take classes in English there, and you'd network with many students from across the globe -- great for networking. There are many other universities too choose from abroad, such as ESSEC Business School (ranked #1 in France).

http://bschool.pepperdine.edu/programs/ ... abroad.htm
http://bschool.pepperdine.edu/globalpro ... tinations/
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Welcome, Lamb.

See, Winston, Zboy? This is how women should come here to introduce themselves. She didnt proclaim NAWALT or try to shame us in some way. She is humble.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Adama wrote:See, Winston, Zboy? This is how women should come here to introduce themselves. She didnt proclaim NAWALT or try to shame us in some way. She is humble.
+1
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Or maybe she's bamboozling us because she read the forum as a guest and knows how to comport herself in order to get answers for herself. :idea:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Or maybe she's bamboozling us because she read the forum as a guest and knows how to comport herself in order to get answers for herself. :idea:

:shock:

Do women DO that? Pretend to be a certain way till they get what they want?

Yeah, I guess they do... sad but true... :cry:

:wink:
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Jester wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Or maybe she's bamboozling us because she read the forum as a guest and knows how to comport herself in order to get answers for herself. :idea:

:shock:

Do women DO that? Pretend to be a certain way till they get what they want?

Yeah, I guess they do... sad but true... :cry:

:wink:
So do most bad-boys
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Something doesn't sound right.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

ppfffft....any woman on this forum is comporting to us. being nice, talking like they agree with us. because they see how we talk to the other ladies on the forum. they just dont want to get their butt whooped.

if this lady is really genuine then i wish her well. even though i do not like her mentality. like she said she doesn't know anyone. and is afraid to travel over to another country. her mindset is worried about getting attacked by somebody in the netherlands, or france, or germany. some non-sense like that.

BUT i can tell her she will feel at ease and free and safe to in europe.

america does not give people these qualities at all.
lamb
Freshman Poster

Post by lamb »

WOW. That's a lot of information to swallow. To be honest, I used to have an account on here, but I was only on for about three days before I had to move (Hurricane Irene, I lived in a part of Vermont that got hit pretty hard - Wiped out electricity and all that, no internet and then I had to just concentrate on where to go because my landlord needed to give the place to her brother because he was unfortunate enough to actually lose his home). Aaand I've been in constant contact with a good friend of mine who is actually teaching English over in Hohhot, China. Him and I were trying to work out an arrangement where we'd get married. That fell through, not that I blame him - He found someone very special who was also teaching English in Hohhot. I'm happy for him. But that kinda set me back; emotionally it hurt me because I did actually have a lot of romantic-love for him (we'd been friends for years and years - And we still are, but it hurt). So, I kinda forgot about this site. I logged into an old email account and was going through my new messages (mostly spam, imagine my joy) and came across some email from here. I tried to log in, couldn't remember my password and instead of trying to get it sent to me, I decided to make a new account.

Seriously, though - I need to make a compiled list of everything you guys just said. This is all fantastic information, and a lot of great ideas. I feel pretty enthusiastic about all of them. As for being afraid I'm going to be attacked, that's not true. I'm afraid to go down a path that won't bring me happiness. I'm a really, really nice person - And I'm used to people taking advantage of that. I'm adventurous, and have traveled the US thoroughly - And thoroughly enjoyed it, too. But the reasons I want to leave are simple:

1. There isn't enough culture here to keep me interested.
2. I seek to feel grounded somewhere. Because I've traveled around the US so much, I've had to start my life over numerous times and even though I moved around willingly, everywhere I've gone, I've left again. I want roots to keep me in place, and I want to want to stay. I want that feeling of belonging, and not the longing that I feel that draws my mind away from the US. I need that longing to be satisfied.
3. Men. I truly don't feel at all that my soul mate (yes, call me sappy - I believe in soul mates) is here in America. I keep my mind open when I meet men here, but I'm continuously disappointed, as I'm sure they are too - That we both just aren't clicking. I want a man who possesses strength of character, is loving, has a mind to build and create a life and family with me, admires my obedience and won't cheat (I'm sure it happens everywhere, but the American men I've been in relationships with have cheated on me whereas the people who are studying abroad here that I've dated, have not). I want a man who appreciates my efforts, and feels a sense of pride when I appreciate his. Its confusing because you know, there ARE men like this in America. But it also doesn't satisfy me to think that I'll wind up staying here. At all. I know so many truly wonderful people here, but this just isn't for me.
4. I refuse to settle. To me, living in America is settling. I don't expect everyone to feel like this, in fact - Its rare that I ever share this openly about my thoughts and emotions on this whole thing.
5. There's so much that the rest of the world can offer, which some of you have already brought to light. I don't want to 'miss out', so-to-speak.

I hope I've shed more light on who I am for everyone. I promise I'm sincere, but then again - you don't have to trust me. Its not required. I'm here for specific reasons and so far, I'm really enjoying the feedback. Its exciting for me to have found other people to talk to about all this.