New Here, Looking To Learn About Dating

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Kane6000
Freshman Poster

New Here, Looking To Learn About Dating

Post by Kane6000 »

Hi, I find this forum really interesting and for some reason it often comes about when I do google searches based on my bad dating experiences.

I am 32 and have been divorced about 6 years now. My wife ran off and took my son 3,000 miles away. Let me with nothing.

In the six years since then it's been pretty hard. Especially as far as dating goes.

I don't think I'm a bad looking guy, I'm 6' 2" and built pretty good and people often seem to find me funny or charming.

I'm sure I don't have the best self-esteem though.

But anyway, I've tried OkCupid and Plenty of Fish, Match.com and it's just been dismal. And I didn't try in quit right away, I've been trying these sites for six years.

I can't seem to get any interest besides from fat women and the few times a smart pretty girl agreed to go on a date it pretty much was always followed up with "Hey let's be friends." Which is term I have really grown to loathe.

I mean I actually have really good female friends already. I am obviously not looking to make girlfriends ha ha. I'm not gay.

But anyway I was wondering what the best way to get familiar with this board would be and also, if anyone could point me to some foreign dating sites that are actually legit.

I'd be willing to link my POF or OkCupid profile on here too just to get some tips and I am always willing to look at other people's profiles if that would help.

Just trying to meet some likeminded guys with similar experiences and from what I've read on here there seems to be a lot.

The ironic thing is that although I find I agree with all this stuff I am actually really into a lot of feminist punk music like Bikini Kill.

Have a good day, looking forward to meeting new people on here.

Thanks,

Jeff
"Live or die. Just don't poison everything." Anne Sexton

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

For starters, I listened to a bit of a couple of "songs" by that group.
I'm waiting for my IQ to recover. :?

Wrt to dating --
You're getting LJBF because the girls want to spend a few more years riding the sausage merry-go-round, but may want to keep you around as a potential back-up husband. I'm just explaining; it's up to you to decide if you like gum that's already been chewed. :lol:

IMO:
Quit wasting your money on USA dating sites (at least for now).
Quit wasting your money and time on ameriskanks (unless that's what you're into :oops:).
Save up for a plane ticket and a couple weeks vacation time.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: New Here, Looking To Learn About Dating

Post by zboy1 »

Kane6000 wrote:Hi, I find this forum really interesting and for some reason it often comes about when I do google searches based on my bad dating experiences.

I am 32 and have been divorced about 6 years now. My wife ran off and took my son 3,000 miles away. Let me with nothing.

In the six years since then it's been pretty hard. Especially as far as dating goes.

I don't think I'm a bad looking guy, I'm 6' 2" and built pretty good and people often seem to find me funny or charming.

I'm sure I don't have the best self-esteem though.

But anyway, I've tried OkCupid and Plenty of Fish, Match.com and it's just been dismal. And I didn't try in quit right away, I've been trying these sites for six years.

I can't seem to get any interest besides from fat women and the few times a smart pretty girl agreed to go on a date it pretty much was always followed up with "Hey let's be friends." Which is term I have really grown to loathe.

I mean I actually have really good female friends already. I am obviously not looking to make girlfriends ha ha. I'm not gay.

But anyway I was wondering what the best way to get familiar with this board would be and also, if anyone could point me to some foreign dating sites that are actually legit.

I'd be willing to link my POF or OkCupid profile on here too just to get some tips and I am always willing to look at other people's profiles if that would help.

Just trying to meet some likeminded guys with similar experiences and from what I've read on here there seems to be a lot.

The ironic thing is that although I find I agree with all this stuff I am actually really into a lot of feminist punk music like Bikini Kill.

Have a good day, looking forward to meeting new people on here.

Thanks,

Jeff
Sorry to hear about problems in your personal life, Kane. Welcome to the forum. Are you from Queens, NY? I'm also a long time Queens resident. For some reason, we get a lot of NewYorkers on this forum....Must be the city, LOL.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Try overseas dating!

Surprised you saw any legit users on OKCupid - that place is scam city.

If you have plenty of female friends ask them for personal introductions!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Wecome Kane6000 glad you found our forum. I have heard similar stories of men in America who's wife left them and took the kids with them. Usually the reason the wife left her husband is because she was bored with him or some other lame excuse.

It's incredible how many women in America leave their husbands and break their wedding vows for no good reason. 72% of all divorces in America are initiated by women. 80% of divorces are over trivial things like the wife was bored of her husband, or she wanted a "new start" for whatever reason.

America has one of the highest divorce rates in the world at 50%. If an American man marries a foreign woman the divorce rate is only 20%.

My future foreign wife is somewhere in eastern Europe or Russia right now. I will be meeting her in a few years. I am not sure who she actually is but there are so many beautiful, feminine women to choose from in foreign countries, that you have lot's of good women to choose from! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

I recommend internationalcupid.com. $30/month for unlimited use and is a nice way to see what is all out there. I found my filipina fiancee on that site and it's a good web site, very easy to use.

It is sad that she took your son away. I hope she can allow you to maintain some kind of relationship with him as he grows - email, photos, whatever is possible.

Also I would advise having plenty of guy friends if you don't already ... I imagine the majority of those female friends will not be very understanding and supportive if you are to search overseas for love!
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."