Expat in the World

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
James G
Freshman Poster
Location: Virginia, USA – Jakarta, Indonesia – Bangkok, Thailand

Expat in the World

Post by James G »

Hello everyone, my name is James Grey, I guess that I am a self proclaimed Professional Adventurer and Expat Bar Braggart. Raised in a small crappy town in Virginia USA, I decided to chuck it all in after watching Indiana Jones too many times, and ventured out into the world to seek Fortune, Glory and Exotic Women

I have been working and traveling for over 8 years now (mostly in the Middle East, Europe and Asia). I have several websites and businesses that I run from my house in Jakarta, Indonesia and from wherever I am traveling/working - to/in, using my beat up laptop and an overpriced internet connection. I have lived in the Middle East, Southeast Asia and traveled extensively throughout the world preferring to visit and study 3rd world and developing countries, but I still occasionally stop off in Paris and Amsterdam for a taste of civilized society and other indulgences.

I also invest in various different things from Real Estate (in the US and Southeast Asia), conflict zone investments, a bit of day trading and some “off the wall� investments - generally focusing on the international arena. Just in the past few years I have been doing really well in Internet marketing – so I have been concentrating the majority of my time to online ventures now.

My education is a mix of College, IT courses and the school of life - Professionally I am an Engineer specializing in Biometrics working on overseas contracts

Another member (ladislav) let me know about this site and forum - Winston Wu, you are so on the mark – a true expat genius

I am here to share a bit of my experience and meet other like minded people

Thanks for letting me join

James Grey
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi James,
Welcome to my forum. Thanks for the comments. You sound like a great guy. And kudos that you've found a way to make a living while overseas. What country are you in now?

You mention you do online investments. Can you tell us a little about it and what we can do to get involved in that if we're new? What other online ventures do you do? This is one of the key ways of making money while living overseas, because it allows one the most freedom.

Happy New Year to you.

Winston
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

tell me about german chicks.

I have to be there on business. They are far more feminine than american women, and the best looking frauen in der welte.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Hi James,

Welcome to the forum!

I'd be very interested to learn about your experiences in SE Asia real estate and conflict-zone investments!