Weird corporate hiring policy

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Weird corporate hiring policy

Post by Cornfed »

So I met a guy the other day of a certain non-white ethnic group. He dressed like a dirtbag and had the look and manor of someone you wouldn’t want to meet in a dark alley, but it turned oud he was a nice guy. He had just been hired as the Health & Safety manager for a huge corporation. He was completely clueless in their business and his only qualification was a bunch of H&S courses where the person drones on and then you fill in forms. His actions in his senior capacity was to put himself on a bunch of courses and sign the convenors of those courses as consultants on the company dime - which actually makes perfect sense. Dude is probably pulling >200k. WTF.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Weird corporate hiring policy

Post by Neo »

Maybe you can show kindness to him and network with him and possibly get a job under him?
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Neo wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 10:33 pm
Maybe you can show kindness to him and network with him and possibly get a job under him?
You know, that never occurred to me. In the mindset he was in he might have hired me. I could have gotten a cushy job. I'll most likely never see him again. Dammit.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 2:58 am
Neo wrote:
You know, that never occurred to me. In the mindset he was in he might have hired me. I could have gotten a cushy job. I'll most likely never see him again. Dammit.
Typical low IQ behavior.... Anyone who hires you deserves what they get. And in this thriving job market, employers are desperate for help. That you can’t even land a very basic job is very telling.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 4:20 am
Cornfed wrote:
Neo wrote:
Typical low IQ behavior.... Anyone who hires you deserves what they get. And in this thriving job market, employers are desperate for help. That you can’t even land a very basic job is very telling.
Now you're just trolling. It is sad that someone who has been handed as much gibs as you have apparently been has nothing better to do with his time.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 4:38 am
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 4:20 am
Cornfed wrote:
Neo wrote:
Now you're just trolling. It is sad that someone who has been handed as much gibs as you have apparently been has nothing better to do with his time.
I don't consider it trolling when I am telling someone the hard truths about himself. It might injure your ego and hurt your feelings, but someone has to do it.

Why don't you go ahead and have several more of those beers about the house, LOSER.