SEO/Marketing help wanted

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

SEO/Marketing help wanted

Post by fschmidt »

I am looking for someone to help me with SEO (Search Engine Optimization). You don't have to be an expert on SEO since I understand the technical side. But you do have to be able to write and do direct sales (to get links) which are things that I can't do. You should also be intelligent and self-directed so that you can work on your own without constant management. Please contact me if you are interested.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 18th, 2018, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: SEO/Marketing help wanted

Post by xiongmao »

I need to do more SEO. Teaching even less this year so I have even more time for this stuff.

The best thing I can recommend is to build something useful so you get natural links. I've built stuff in the past that's ended up with better page rank than HA. But sadly my niche choice was bad and I've barely made anything.

I'm now doing the same thing in a shopping niche.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

For xiongmao's benefit, and for anyone else interested in SEO, I will describe what I have learned. Almost everything that you can find on the Web about SEO is BS written by marketing people. Right now I do black-hat SEO and rank well for very competitive keywords. As a programmer, I am in a better position to understand Google than most marketing people are.

Google owns Chrome. With Chrome, Google can see everything that users do. And this currently is the primary means by which Google ranks. In particular, Google can see which links users click on and how engaged they are with your site. A link that users don't click on is worthless. The old page-rank approach is dead. What you need to look at is referrals in Google Analytics. And then look at metrics for engagement.

The old approach to link building, of just getting links from wherever, doesn't work. But active link building based on getting links from sites that will generate real users should work, and this is something that I would like a marketing person to do for me.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

fschmidt wrote:
August 30th, 2018, 12:25 am
Google owns Chrome. With Chrome, Google can see everything that users do. And this currently is the primary means by which Google ranks. In particular, Google can see which links users click on and how engaged they are with your site. A link that users don't click on is worthless. The old page-rank approach is dead. What you need to look at is referrals in Google Analytics. And then look at metrics for engagement.
Yup I came to that conclusion a couple of weeks ago. I found some great info in a video I found on a blackhat forum. You gotta look at your Average Session Duration stats he said. Well he was right. My best sites have very high durations. What's HA I wonder? My new site's is 4 min 18s for Google visitors this month. In April it was 23 seconds. Referral stats are even better.

I am making compelling content that is making people stay on average 1 minute longer per month.

Now I am doing everything possible to increase my Session Duration.

Bounce rate is also important, but less important. My site's bounce rate is around 40%. Old blogs I made years ago are around 90%.

Actually I'm not actually writing much content, I'm just "curating" other peoples's stuff.

Another thing I'm doing - betting that social media is dying. Well I just reinstalled FB (uninstalled after the Infowars ban) and my newsfeed was just full of cancer. Maybe I'm ahead of the curve here.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
anthonymilano1
Freshman Poster

Post by anthonymilano1 »

Cheers
Last edited by anthonymilano1 on October 15th, 2019, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Now looking at funnels - anyone know much about these? This is something Winston should definitely be setting up here.

My site's bounce rate is now 28% so I'm definitely doing something right. Time on site is also soaring.

And anthonymilano1 be sure to focus on headline writing as Neil Patel says you should put 80% effort into these and 20% into writing your articles. Well this is working for me, so the guru is absolutely right about this.
mostafaelbermawy2021
Freshman Poster

Post by mostafaelbermawy2021 »

If you need any help I suggest you to read moz seo guide.
JackFlexer
Freshman Poster

Post by JackFlexer »

In my opinion, there is no point in using SEO services at all. The last time I bought SEO advertising, it literally did not bring any benefit to my site.