How to Make Money Online So You Can Live and Travel Freely

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's a great site that gives an overview of ways to make money online. Hope it helps.

http://www.doshdosh.com/ways-to-make-money-online/
Last edited by Winston on January 13th, 2012, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

That's a great article and of even greater interest to me because I would love to travel or live abroad while making money online. It never occured to me before, since I hadn't really started online business last time I was abroad (in China) but making a small amount of money which may lead to trouble in LA could be a huge amount of money living somewhere else.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
ProAzn
Freshman Poster

Post by ProAzn »

It always helps to know more than one language. I can speak fluent German and I did a lot of translating while I lived in Germany. I did correspondence between England, USA and Germany.

It definitely helps a lot to learn more than one language.
This me with my 2 kids and husband. Wow, I'm fat!!!

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... aznku1.jpg
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ProAzn wrote:It always helps to know more than one language. I can speak fluent German and I did a lot of translating while I lived in Germany. I did correspondence between England, USA and Germany.

W: It certainly does. How did you make money when you were in Germany? Did you only work as a translator? Or did you do something else too? Isn't it hard getting a job as a translator as you need a lot of experience and credentials?
ProAzn
Freshman Poster

Post by ProAzn »

WWu777 wrote:
ProAzn wrote:It always helps to know more than one language. I can speak fluent German and I did a lot of translating while I lived in Germany. I did correspondence between England, USA and Germany.

W: It certainly does. How did you make money when you were in Germany? Did you only work as a translator? Or did you do something else too? Isn't it hard getting a job as a translator as you need a lot of experience and credentials?
I did translations of documents in private and also where I worked. I worked in an Accounting office. That's while I was going through college too. I didn't do a translation job just on its own, it was tied into my job because of dealing with German and Austrian companies. The pay is so much better in Europe too.

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I have been speaking Japanese for ages, but I certainly don't want to live there. It's one of the few places more expensive than living in LA. I want to go some place relaxing and cheap were a small online business will ammount to considerable comfort.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
ProAzn
Freshman Poster

Post by ProAzn »

Terrence wrote:

I have been speaking Japanese for ages, but I certainly don't want to live there. It's one of the few places more expensive than living in LA. I want to go some place relaxing and cheap were a small online business will ammount to considerable comfort.
Wow!! Japanese??? That's impressive. And YES, Japan is very very expensive. I have never been there but I have heard that. Plus, I have dated a Japanese man before too. One of my biggest dreams is to travel to Asia one day. As much as I love Asian Culture, I have not had the opportunity to go to Asia yet. Funny isn't it?

I guess probably somewhere in South America would be a good place to live and operate a small online business because the cost of living is not so high. Somewhere like that anyway.

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Thanks to Winston, I am planning to check out the Philippines as well. I also might try Brazil for a spell and see how that is. There are so many opportunities out there.

I'm surprised you haven't travelled to Asia. I love hanging out there. My time in China was immensely fun. I have never had an experience like it before or since.
ProAzn
Freshman Poster

Post by ProAzn »

Terrence wrote:Thanks to Winston, I am planning to check out the Philippines as well. I also might try Brazil for a spell and see how that is. There are so many opportunities out there.

I'm surprised you haven't travelled to Asia. I love hanging out there. My time in China was immensely fun. I have never had an experience like it before or since.
Yeah, I haven't been to Asia yet. Crazy huh?

Oh don't get me wrong.. I will one day.

Netman_66
Freshman Poster

Post by Netman_66 »

>It always helps to know more than one language. I can speak fluent German and I did a lot of translating while I lived in Germany. I did correspondence between England, USA and Germany.

>It definitely helps a lot to learn more than one language.

Why didn't you use your fluent German skill to me, Dianna? :?: Was I too boring for you? You are the one with attention issues, right?

D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
James G
Freshman Poster
Location: Virginia, USA – Jakarta, Indonesia – Bangkok, Thailand

Post by James G »

Step 5 is the best one out of the lot

~James
NOMAD MARKETING 101
Learn how to Travel and Live Around the World and Make Money at the Same time
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is my overview article about making money online. I've been working on it for a long time. I hope some of you find it useful.

By Winston Wu (Founder of HappierAbroad.com)

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2012/01/h ... th-vs.html
Last edited by Winston on November 9th, 2012, 10:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a helpful book for those wanting to make money online, by my friend Walt Goodridge, called "Websites that Sell".

Description:

There is an art and a science to designing a website that communicates your value, heightens your credibility, inspires consumer confidence and compels visitors to whip out their credit cards and order your product or service online! There are some things you should NEVER do, and other things you absolutely MUST if you want to make money online. Walt has been online since 1997 and has cracked the code! Now he shares his technique, sales copy writing methods, income strategies, best practices as well as his secret vendor list for turning YOUR passion to profit online venture from a simple web page into a Website That Sells! Features a special blogger chapter.

Paperback:
http://www.passionprofit.com/store/prod ... t=1&page=1

Ebook:
http://www.passionprofit.com/store/prod ... t=1&page=1

Amazon description:

Book Description
Publication Date: April 10, 2010
Walt F.J. Goodridge is living "nomadpreneur" lifestyle. Armed with a laptop, cell phone and digital camera, he travels the world while being sustained by income from his websites that sell. There is an art and a science to designing a website that communicates your value, heightens your credibility, inspires consumer confidence and compels visitors to whip out their credit cards and order your product or service online. There are some things you should NEVER do, and other things you absolutely MUST do if you want to make money online. Walt has been online since 1997, and has cracked that code! In his Turn Your Passion Into Profit "Websites That Sell" Manual, Walt shares the exact mindset, as well as the specific design process, sales copy writing technique, income strategies, promotion campaigns, business best practices, as well as a secret list of vendors he uses to earn thousands of dollars monthly. You can achieve similar results by using this convenient step-by-step, action checklist and manual and transform your online venture from a simple web page into a Website That Sells! This unique manual shows how to: Launch a website for next to nothing Create 7 different streams of income for any product Market effectively and profitably online Empower yourself to make money while living anywhere Become a "pro" blogger (special chapter by Angelo Villagomez) It also features Walt's own "Escape from America" story! So, whether you want to leave the rat race behind, run away to a tropical paradise, or simply use technology to create additional streams of income at home, this manual can help!
Editorial Reviews

About the Author
A Columbia University graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, Walt was, like many people, destined for a career in his profession of training. In fact, immediately after graduating, he accepted a job working in the Design Division of the Port Authority Engineering department on the 73rd floor of World Trade Center One. However, within the first fifteen minutes of this his first job in corporate America, Walt, frustrated by the monotony, restrictions of nine-to-five employment, realized beyond the shadow of a doubt, that he absolutely hated it! It was several years until he was able to grow his sideline business in the music industry--a personal passion--and walk away from his career to become a full-time "passionpreneur." He authored several books on the music industry, created a brand of inspiration called "Life Rhymes," and launched dozens of websites, and unique products. As he honed his experience and expertise in website development, internet marketing, creating the life of his dreams, and living true to himself, he developed a unique "Passion Profit Philosophy and Formula" and a coaching practice to help others do the same. In 1999, he published that formula in Turn Your Passion into Profit which, with yearly updates, has consistently sold in the top 50 in home-business books on Amazon.com. Walt currently owns and operates over 50 websites, has written a total of 15 books, over 400 articles and almost 500 motivational poems.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
If any of you are interested in turning your passion or hobby into an online business that you can work from home or while traveling, check out how SBI can help you do it. You don't need to have any web design skills or be a computer whiz. You just need to work hard promoting your passion in what you love, and SBI will handle all the complicated technical aspects. To learn more, go to my SBI affiliate link below:

http://passion.sitesell.com/happierabroad.html

For an easy-to-understand Video Tour of what SBI can do for you:

http://videotour.sitesell.com/happierabroad.html