Help! I need to start making money online ASAP

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
gits
Freshman Poster

Post by gits »

hey guys, I need to change my email so I get contacted about new posts....

I do have a kindle edition of NSJS for sale on Amazon. they closed my account for some reason. Amazon is stealing my profits as far as I can tell.

Last time I was in Taiwan, i printed about 100 copies in Taiwan, and one of the boxes mysteriously disappeared. Now it's selling for 125 usd per copy on Amazon by another person.

search Not SARS Just Sex on Amazon if you don't believe me.

I hate amazon...
Gits Ferrari's Latest Blog: Horny Guy in Taipei http://hornyguyintaipei.blogspot.tw/

Not SARS Just Sex! - The Kindle Edition! $5.99
http://www.amazon.com/SARS-Just-White-M ... s+just+sex

The Oil Sands of Alberta - The Kindle Edition! $5.99
http://www.amazon.com/The-Oil-Sands-Alb ... of+alberta

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

You can try looking into affiliate sales. I've been out of that scene for many years, so you'd have to look for products that pay higher commissions. My recommendations are:

* Choose actual, physical products and not ebooks
* Choose affiliate sales that pays >5%, don't bother with anything less
* Affiliate sales means you promote the product for someone, and they handle all the order processing, shipping, returns, etc. You're not a reseller and don't try to be one where you're responsible for holding inventory.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

gits wrote:hey guys, I need to change my email so I get contacted about new posts....

I do have a kindle edition of NSJS for sale on Amazon. they closed my account for some reason. Amazon is stealing my profits as far as I can tell.

Last time I was in Taiwan, i printed about 100 copies in Taiwan, and one of the boxes mysteriously disappeared. Now it's selling for 125 usd per copy on Amazon by another person.

search Not SARS Just Sex on Amazon if you don't believe me.

I hate amazon...
Yea, I noticed the resale at US$125. Was the box stolen at the publishing house or somewhere else? Anyway, I really doubt anyone is going to pay US$125 for that type of book. Typically very high priced books are technically specific in nature and sold to a limited in-the-know audience (ie medical books for doctors).

You really need to get in touch with Amazon. I sure hope they don't roll the way you think. Momopi, what do you think Git can do to:

1. Get his account reinstated on Amazon and
2. Have the re-seller of his book banned
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Gits,
This might help you out.

Check out this site about smart passive online income by Pat Flynn. You might find it helpful and learn something from it.

http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/passive-income-101/

I love how it explains that when you work, you trade your time for dollars. But when you invest your time into an online business, the business WORKS FOR YOU, not you for it. That's an excellent way to put it.

Here is an image from his site that defines what passive income is.

And here is a video where he explains the passive income business model.

If you guys are interested, check out his articles, videos and podcasts at the link above to learn more.

Hope that helps some of you out in establishing a passive online income to free up your time to go overseas. Remember, the trick is to make the business work for you, not you for it.

Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is some step by step free information about building a niche site and profiting from it.

http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/how-t ... iche-site/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Gits,
This might help you out.

Check out this site about smart passive online income by Pat Flynn. You might find it helpful and learn something from it.

http://www.smartpassiveincome.com/passive-income-101/

I love how it explains that when you work, you trade your time for dollars. But when you invest your time into an online business, the business WORKS FOR YOU, not you for it. That's an excellent way to put it.

Here is an image from his site that defines what passive income is.

And here is a video where he explains the passive income business model.

If you guys are interested, check out his articles, videos and podcasts at the link above to learn more.

Hope that helps some of you out in establishing a passive online income to free up your time to go overseas. Remember, the trick is to make the business work for you, not you for it.

Winston
Winston, this is what you are slowly doing with HA. You probably haven't taken the fastest route to monetizing since you did it as a hobby. But its going in the right direction. Your forum pretty much runs itself since you've subcontracted the moderating. So you're getting paid for just a bit of maintenance and doing what you would probably do anyway as your hobby.
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

Winston,post screenshots of your Google Analytics stats for this site.

How much traffic are you getting monthly ? Unique visitors ? Country breakdown ?

Also, give a rough figure for how much you earn on average from this site monthly and breakdown of where it comes from - affiliate commissions/adsense/sponsors etc.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

okay you are gonna love this.

cpa marketing actually works.

it is for offers such as free ipad 2, free battlefield 3, free playstation 3, or business opportunity offers, or weight loss offers. this stuff definitely works if you interested. hit me up cus'.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The Arab wrote:Winston,post screenshots of your Google Analytics stats for this site.

How much traffic are you getting monthly ? Unique visitors ? Country breakdown ?

Also, give a rough figure for how much you earn on average from this site monthly and breakdown of where it comes from - affiliate commissions/adsense/sponsors etc.
I posted a few screenshots of my Google Analytics for unique visitors here:

viewtopic.php?t=10789

Right now, in the past 30 days, we've had 46,000 visitors. So the stat is slightly up from 41,000 before. Most of the traffic is from USA and Canada.

As to the income breakdown, I was told not to divulge that publicly because it's confidential. But in total, I now get around $900 a month, which is double what it was 6 months ago. Next month, it should reach a grand I think.

But all this was slowly built up over 3 years. The guy I referenced above, though, claims to have made $8,000 in the first month by just selling one ebook about how to pass an architect license exam. Do you buy it? I don't know, but it doesn't sound realistic at all, in my experience. You can't just put out an ebook and get $8,000 right away. Even if it's the greatest ebook in the world, things just don't work that way.

DigitalNomad
Freshman Poster

Post by DigitalNomad »

Forums are one of the hardest ways to convert adsense clicks.. with that type of traffic on a regular blog you could be making $150-300/day easy. There is so many things you could do Winston with this forum and that traffic.. but you could be satisfied with your daily/monthly income.

DN
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

DigitalNomad wrote:Forums are one of the hardest ways to convert adsense clicks.. with that type of traffic on a regular blog you could be making $150-300/day easy. There is so many things you could do Winston with this forum and that traffic.. but you could be satisfied with your daily/monthly income.

DN
What do you mean? Why would you make more off of blog traffic than forum traffic? What other "many things" could I do?

It is true that forum users do not usually click on ads. However, remember that 60 percent of the traffic here are visitors from search engines, new people in other words. They are the ones that will click on ads. And the more content exists on this forum to be indexed, the more traffic it will get from search engine hits.

There is one big advantage of a forum over a blog. With a blog, you have to create all the content yourself. But on a forum, you have an ever growing group of people creating content, which in turn brings in more visitors. Obviously, a team can generate more content than an individual can. With a team, your content is multiplied. So I don't see why a blog would be better. I do have a blog, but it doesn't have much traffic. I think people prefer forums cause it is participatory in nature, whereas all they can do on a blog is leave a comment.

Does that make sense?

DigitalNomad
Freshman Poster

Post by DigitalNomad »

easy to make money online
Last edited by DigitalNomad on February 27th, 2012, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

DigitalNomad wrote:Your right and I can tell you have thought about it much, here is what i mean though.

You need to diversify. The "regular" guys here are using this place as a wonderful outlet to connect, find info, stay current on "what's happening", needing to blow off steam, etc.. So the monetization can mostly be targeted to the "window shoppers" ie: visitors.. because almost all of your traffic is search.

Most likely you're being spidered by Google bots every few hours, so take advantage of this and get some highly searched targeted pages up.. You should be going after huge keywords in your niche and targeting (create the subjects/topics like you have been doing). Outsource the backlinking work or get software.
Thanks for the tips DigitalNomad. What kind of huge target keywords in my niche do you mean though? You mean like "foreign women, international dating, mail order bride, russian bride, expat living" etc? We already have many thread titles here with such keywords. What else would you change that's different from what we are already doing?

Are you recommending that I use one of those SEO companies that create backlinks for me to up my SEO? I get email offers from those companies all the time, but I was told they weren't worth it. What's your take on that?

Besides, I read in some SEO blogs that Google might penalize you if it knows you are artificially increasing your ranking by mass producing backlinks or paying for them. Is that true? I'm afraid to take that risk.
Go ahead and create your ebook and put it in your sig, let that be the main thing you sell, instead (or in addition to) of all the affiliate links your giving in your posts (randomly), put them in your ebook (you will sell/sign up/lead alot more that way). Good price point for your ebook could be around $17 and around 7-10 affiliate links inside. Mixed with a email subscription $
What do you mean? I understand the putting my ebook link in my signature part. But what do you mean about the other affiliate links? All my affiliate programs are already on this forum in the form of banner ads, which rotate at the top, in the sidebars, and after the first post of each thread. They are also here: http://www.happierabroad.com/dating.htm

Aren't I already optimizing the affiliate links as best as I can right now? What else could I do with them that isn't being done now?

My ebook does have affiliate links inside, but they are all at the end in the dating sites section. But I may try your advice about putting my ebook signature in my link though. It currently sells at $14.99. I don't think $16.99 would make much of a difference. lol
Begin a Youtube Campaing if you have not already with your new keywords and live links from your actual inner pages (tier 2 and tier 3(your connected blog)
Well I had one. I don't know if you saw the other thread or not, but YouTube keeps pulling down all my videos for some reason. Someone in their staff doesn't like me and somehow finds me and takes down all my videos, including the most innocent ones. I complained to them about this but they don't care. See here for details: viewtopic.php?t=11496
I notice your permalinks are not keyword related and that hurts your search indexing from the Google bots..

viewtopic.php?t=10836&start=15
should look something like this:

Code: Select all

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/how-to-make-money-now/page/2
Yeah I was thinking about that the other day. So I went and found a mod for this forum that would convert the thread links to words, rather than numbers, as in your example above, for better SEO. However, the mod details page didn't say whether the old links with numbers in them would be redirected or not. That's important because a lot of pages in this site and on other websites, have links to threads in this forum.

Maybe you can take a look at the mod detail page and tell me if the old links would redirect to the new ones or not? Here take a look:

http://downloads.phpbb-seo.com/phpbb-se ... rl-38.html

Let me know if you figure it out.
I personally would redo the entire site to be better for CTR..
How? In what way?
All non registered traffic would get a 20 second or 2 page (maximum) limit before comanding to registar.
I don't understand what this means.
Set up a Aweber email optin, to collect the emails so you can send your blog updates every 3-4 days. Offering ebooks, promotions etc.
You mean an automatic email to the email list with the latest forum topics? I've seen others do that. But that would be complicated to set up. I don't usually update my blog much though. I just use my blog's powerful SEO feature to bring hits into here.
Create Your Blog and place it on the same domain manblog.happierabroad.com (sub domain) to Match Your Forum and Updated with the Strongest Post From This Forum and Add Large attractive comment box below (avatars,facebook,comment luv, twitter, the whole nine).
I might do that if my blog was a main part of this. But it isn't. Why should it be? I mean, think about it. What can a blog do that this forum can't? Any blog post I can write, can be posted here in the forum as well. And any comments that readers post in a blog, can be posted here in the forum as replies. So what advantage would using a blog have?
Right now i think your forum has an overload of topics but not enough replies, which makes people think there is not much going on.. You always want more replies (placing a limit on how many pages a non registered visitor can view will take care of that)

That is a SMALL sample of where to BEGIN.. if you or anyone else, would like make a full scale business/investment (residual income). I can get money coming in for you with my services (i put together targeted plans for people who want to earn online, have a full scale team of workers, etc.) + (i run my own business similar to what I am explain to you).

Be it:

*Affiliate Markging
*CPA
*Adsense
*Product Promotion
*Offiline business (for those in the states).
*Online Services

I have been involved in IM for the last 3 yrs.

Your leaving ALOT of money on the table with 40k/month views (i think you kinda know this...?)

PM Me if Anyone is Interested in Having Real Plans to Create an Online Business (Long lasting Residual Income)

-DN
Oh so you run an SEO consulting company? Wow. Neat. Well what services could you offer for Happier Abroad then? I can't think of many more improvements to make here. I've optimized everything I could think of. It's just a matter of letting content and traffic build up. I guess I could pay for backlinks, but I'm kind of wary about that, as I explained above.

What do you think?

Thanks for your professional analysis and suggestions here.

Winston
Last edited by Winston on October 7th, 2012, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Digital Nomad,
Ok I put my ebook link in my signature now, as you suggested. How does it look? Is that what you meant?