How do stupid email scams like this work?

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
Winston
Site Admin

How do stupid email scams like this work?

Post by Winston »

And what happens if you email them and follow up?
Hello Dear,

Compliment of the season to you.

This is to notify you that I have deposited your

Fund of (750,000.00us) with the western union money transfer to be tranfered/send to you.They told me that they will be sending the sum of $5,000.00us to you everyday untill the total sum is completed.

Below is the information to your first payment of the $5,000.00us you can track it and confirm the MTCN ready to pick up by clicking on (http://www.westernunion.com).

Sender's Name: Mohamed Ali
Text Question: Boy
Text Answer: Girl
MTCN: 220-181-5651

Once, you pick it you should try to let them know so that they can send you another payment.

Contact the western union on;
Name;Ahmed Mamoud (Foreign Operation Manager)
Email;(western_union91@maktoob.com)

And you should not hesitate to let me know when ever you recieves your fund,
Regards.
Yours Faithfully,

Sani Mustapha
I entered the control number above info into Western Union's website, by the way, and nothing came up.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How do such scams work in defrauding you exactly? Anyone know? Will they ask me to pay some big fee at some point for something?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Roger
Freshman Poster

Post by Roger »

It maybe obvious to us that its a scam but they still get victims because of the need for money. Most of their victims are those who wan't easy money because they are broke or needs to pay mortgage and basically those people who are not really aware of the crazy antics on the internet. They need to realize that getting money needs hard work and time. They need to be educated about fake job offers and investments.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »