Why does DHL Global ship your package to Germany first for processing? Why the unnecessary step and delay?

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
Winston
Site Admin

Why does DHL Global ship your package to Germany first for processing? Why the unnecessary step and delay?

Post by Winston »

See my angry complaint to Vitacost.com below. Any logical explanation?
Regarding Order #908230853, what is going on? It's been two weeks already. Why does tracking page say my package is in Germany? WTF? Why does the package need to be processed in Germany? That makes no sense. Why couldn't you process it in the US? Why the extra unnecessary step?

Also, how come iherb.com uses DHL too but their DHL only takes 2 or 3 days to ship internationally, but you take 2 or 3 weeks? WTF? Why can't you use the same DHL as they do? Yet their shipping cost is even CHEAPER than yours! Go figure!
Live chat transcript with their customer service staff:

2:45:32 AM : System: Whether an item arrived damaged or simply didn't live up to your expectations, you can easily request a FREE return or replacement with a few quick clicks - online, anytime at vitacost.com/service.

2:45:32 AM : System: John has joined this session!

2:45:32 AM : System: Connected with John. Your Reference Number for this chat is 1003198.

2:45:32 AM : John: Thank you for contacting Vitacost.com! How may I assist you today?

2:45:43 AM : Winston: hello you there?

2:45:45 AM : Winston: Regarding Order #908230853, what is going on? It's been two weeks already. Why does tracking page say my package is in Germany? WTF? Why does the package need to be processed in Germany? That makes no sense. Why couldn't you process it in the US? Why the extra unnecessary step?

Also, how come iherb.com uses DHL too but their DHL only takes 2 or 3 days to ship internationally, but you take 2 or 3 weeks? WTF? Why can't you use the same DHL as they do? Yet their shipping cost is even CHEAPER than yours! Go figure!

2:46:27 AM : John: Good Afternoon,

2:46:32 AM : John: I am very sorry to hear that. I will be happy to help you.

2:46:32 AM : John: One moment while I retrieve your information and review the account.

2:46:41 AM : Winston: ok

2:46:47 AM : Winston: my order number is above.

2:47:32 AM : John: All DHL orders are first processed to the main hub in Germany. Prior to your placing the order, the shipping timeframe does state orders can take 15-35 business days.

2:47:51 AM : John: Unfortunately, DHL Global does not provide us with tracking and the tracking number provided is only for reference and is not reliable.

2:48:01 AM : Winston: that's crazy. even the post office only takes a week. why process it in Germany?

2:48:12 AM : Winston: how come iHerb.com uses DHL but only takes 3 days to arrive?!

2:48:52 AM : John: We are not Iherb so we cannot speak on their behalf. We are just advising you how our shipping procedures work.

2:48:52 AM : Winston: why can't you use DHL express like iHerb.com does? Yet I pay under 10 dollars for it. Go figure.

2:48:57 AM : Winston: 2 weeks is way too long.

2:49:07 AM : Winston: and my package is still in Germany?! What the heck?!

2:49:42 AM : John: I understand. However, as I stated you were advised it can take 15-35 days for shipment. This information is provided right before you checkout.

2:49:57 AM : John: Packages are not considered lost until after 60 days of the shipping date.

2:50:12 AM : John: Although it's extremely rare for international orders to get lost, it can sometimes happen. Generally they are not lost but delayed in transit due to custom procedures.

2:51:43 AM : Winston: why does it need to go to germany first?

2:51:55 AM : Winston: why an extra unnecessary step and unnecessary delay?

2:52:25 AM : Winston: and how does iherb.com ship via DHL in 3 days and charges less?!

2:52:27 AM : John: All DHL orders are processed through the main hub before being shipped to the destination country. This is part of the procedure DHL Global uses.

2:53:02 AM : John: This is Vitacost.com and not Iherb so we cannot comment on their shipping policies.

2:53:12 AM : John: However, your package is in transit and should arrive soon.

2:53:17 AM : John: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

2:54:42 AM : Winston: but it's still in germany. should have been here by now.

2:54:53 AM : Winston: why can't DHL global process in the US?

2:55:38 AM : John: Delivery times for your country average 15 to 30 business days.. This is the procedure DHL uses for their orders. We do not have any way around this.

2:56:11 AM : Winston: ok thanks for your help.

2:56:43 AM : John: You are welcome Winston.

2:56:53 AM : John: May I assist you with something else today sir?

2:57:05 AM : Winston: no that's all.

2:57:18 AM : John: We value you as a Vitacost.com customer, and we are always here to assist you! Have a wonderful day.

2:57:45 AM : Winston: do you offer DHL express too?

2:58:03 AM : John: We do not, no. My apologies.

2:58:17 AM : Winston: what forms of faster shipping do you offer?

2:58:28 AM : John: I am happy to forward your concerns to our international department for further review.

2:58:43 AM : Winston: ok thanks.

2:58:49 AM : John: I can advise you. Just a moment please.

2:58:53 AM : Winston: what forms of faster shipping do you offer?

2:59:18 AM : John: For the Philippines, correct?

2:59:28 AM : Winston: yes or asia.

3:01:08 AM : John: It does depend on the country. For the Philippines, we do offer DHL Global and Fed Ex International.

3:01:34 AM : John: For most countries in Asia, we offer DHL Global, SFExpiress and Fed Ex int.

3:01:37 AM : Winston: well fed ex would cost a lot more.

3:01:53 AM : Winston: why not offer DHL express like iHerb.com does? you should ask your superiors about that.

3:02:03 AM : John: Fed Ex does cost more than DHL yes.

3:02:13 AM : John: I can forward your concerns yes.

3:02:23 AM : Winston: ok thanks. have a nice day.

3:02:28 AM : John: We hope to have a different method sometime in the near future.

3:02:33 AM : John: You are welcome.

3:02:38 AM : John: Take care Winston.

3:03:16 AM : Winston: you too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Re: Why does DHL Global ship your package to Germany first for processing? Why the unnecessary step and delay?

Post by TruthSeeker »

Well that's because that is where their hub is. They do not have direct flights from every city to every city in the world. It would not be economically feasible for them to.

It's just like they do not have direct flights from where I live to the places I go in Eastern Europe. I have to transfer somewhere in Western Europe first. If enough demand was there they would put direct flights between certain cities.

Basically you are paying cheap shipping charges, so DHL is going to ship your items in the most economically feasible way for them. If you don't like the way they do it, choose another shipping company that has direct cargo flights from the city you are ordering items from to where you are.
Last edited by TruthSeeker on May 2nd, 2018, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why does DHL Global ship your package to Germany first for processing? Why the unnecessary step and delay?

Post by Adama »

Why didn't you stay with Iherb? Now you know who to use.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Aren't there a lot of herb shops in Philippines? Can't you buy what you need locally?
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I did a test order on Vitacost as though I were in Philippines. Going through the checkout process you are given two shipping options:

Winston of course, chose the cheapest of the two options. Had he chosen FedEx Itl for $17 more he would have had the item(s) he ordered within 3 to 7 business days and wouldn't be starting a whole thread over his customer service issue.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
May 2nd, 2018, 1:14 am
Why didn't you stay with Iherb? Now you know who to use.
Because vitacost has some things that iherb doesn't have, such as the orange Advil tablets that dianne likes. The advil in philippines isnt as effective as the ones from the USA for some reason. Online stores are not identical you know. Some have products others dont carry.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
May 2nd, 2018, 1:38 am
Aren't there a lot of herb shops in Philippines? Can't you buy what you need locally?
What do herbs have to do with anything? You must have misread. Iherb.com sells health relates products and supplements and holistic products.

Yes there are health stores in the Philippines such as healthy options. But they are super expensive because they are imported from america. Iherb and Vitacost are far cheaper. Plus they dont have everything i want. Thats why malls are decreasing in America. Nowadays you can get everything online for less than at the mall since malls have bigger overhead charges.

Also i like to buy health supplements in bulk to save on shipping and stock up for longer term use. Health stores in asia only offer small amounts for exorbitant prices.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
May 2nd, 2018, 4:52 am
I did a test order on Vitacost as though I were in Philippines. Going through the checkout process you are given two shipping options:

Winston of course, chose the cheapest of the two options. Had he chosen FedEx Itl for $17 more he would have had the item(s) he ordered within 3 to 7 business days and wouldn't be starting a whole thread over his customer service issue.
But you didnt read the whole transcript. Iherb uses DHL too yet it only takes 2 or 3 days to arrive. How can that be? I assumed vitacost DHL would be the same. Why the vast difference? I see now. Iherb uses DHL Express and Vitacost uses DHL Global.

But the thing is, iherb only charges 7 dollars for DHL express, from America to Asia, if your order is above 50 USD. And a little more if its under that amount. So you would assume that since vitacost charges more for shipping, it would arrive at the same rate as iherb at least right?

Do you see my point? How can that be? How can cheaper DHL shipping at iherb arrive 10x faster than more expensive shipping at Vitacost? Thats the discrepancy i dont get. Go to www.iherb.com and try the same experiment and you'll see what i mean.

So DHL has its own planes that fly to Germany first? Thats why DHL global is slower than mailing a package through the standard post office rate, which takes about a week? Geez. How can DHL be slower than the USPS at standard rate?

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Your point is well taken about pricing, quantity, etc. But couldn't you have gotten the same thing from iHerb, for maybe a little more, but then they would have used DHL Express and you wouldn't have this headache now?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I might actually reorder but with alternate shipping, if Dianne's need for pain medication is severe enough.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

One thing I have learned about shipping is when it says, "Estimated delivery in 12 to 32 business days", always assume the worst (32 days) and not the best (12 days). Winston wanted the quickest time for his $10.99
Horahngee
Freshman Poster

Post by Horahngee »

Oh my goodness! Winston, you too were ripped off by f\/king ass DHL express??!!!!

I was involved in the same situation with these scums.

I will never ever send any packages with these scums again! :evil:

They told me to go online and to set up a label for a box that I was going to send to my girlfriend in the Philippines.

I filled out the form online with the description of the items that I was going to send to my girlfriend.

I approximated the weight of the box of the items that I was going to send to my girlfriend.

The total cost came out to be $113....around there.

I print out the label, and called DHL to schedule a pick up time for that day. The fat assed delivery lady picked up my box.

Next day, I looked at my credit card bill. These pigs charged me $228.93 to ship that one box to my girlfriend in the Philippines!

I have since then been in touch with my credit card company, sending them paperwork and claims that I was initially charged $113 by DHL crooks. Then charged the $228.93.

I will never do any business with these slimey leeches again!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Geez. Check this out. After a few weeks, the DHL package is STILL in Germany! See tracking info below. Wtf? I never seen shipping this slow before. Even media rate is faster than this. Geez. Are they doing this on purpose to piss you off? I've used DHL Global to ship to Taiwan before from Vitacost, but even that didn't take this long!

http://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/?mobi ... 7004921119

Apr 26, 2018
9:49
AM CEST
IPZ-Ffm, DE PROCESSED AT TRANSIT FACILITY
1:48
AM CEST
Rodgau, DE PROCESSED AT TRANSIT FACILITY
Apr 25, 2018
4:37
PM CEST
Saulheim, DE PROCESSED AT TRANSIT FACILITY
Apr 24, 2018
2:33
PM CEST
IPZ-Ffm, DE PROCESSED AT TRANSIT FACILITY
Apr 21, 2018
4:51
PM PT
Compton, CA, US PROCESSING COMPLETED AT ORIGIN
Apr 19, 2018
7:45
AM PT
Compton, CA, US PROCESSED
Apr 18, 2018
6:38
AM PT
Compton, CA, US ARRIVAL AT DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Apr 16, 2018
6:37
PM PDT
UNITED STATES EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
6:17
PM PDT
UNITED STATES ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION RECEIVED: YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN PROCESSED AND TRACKING WILL BE UPDATED SOON

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
May 3rd, 2018, 1:00 am
Your point is well taken about pricing, quantity, etc. But couldn't you have gotten the same thing from iHerb, for maybe a little more, but then they would have used DHL Express and you wouldn't have this headache now?
Geez. You didn't read the previous post. No. iHerb and Vitacost don't have the same products. For example Vitacost has Advil but iHerb does not. Look on both sites and you will see that they have some of the same products, but many different ones as well.

Also I used Vitacost to ship to Taiwan before too. It took a while too, but not this long. Weird.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:
May 3rd, 2018, 4:34 am
One thing I have learned about shipping is when it says, "Estimated delivery in 12 to 32 business days", always assume the worst (32 days) and not the best (12 days). Winston wanted the quickest time for his $10.99
Not really. The opposite is true. They usually overestimate shipping times so that you don't get pissed if there's a delay, and if it arrives early, which it does most of the time, then you are pleasantly surprised. Usually a package arrives in half the time they estimate. Standard procedure. I've ordered stuff on ebay all the time.

I usually get express shipping for $7 on iHerb.com. I told you remember? So that's normal for DHL Express and iHerb. Why can't Vitacost do the same?