Anyone ever been involved with MLM or Network Marketing, aka Pyramid Schemes?

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out my new blog article debunking MLM's like Market America with logic, facts and common sense.

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2012/10/m ... ading.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this video of experts discussing and exposing MLM's.

Multi-Level Marketing, Network Marketing exposed
from Steven A Hassan PLUS 2 years ago / Creative Commons License: by nc nd
Bob Fitzpatrick, author of False Profits, speaks with Steve Hassan, cult expert, and Doug M. Brooks Esq. who has litigated some MLM groups. Check out Bob's site, pyramidschemealert.org, and learn the 7 warning signs of a pyramid scheme and multi-level marketing group. Also, read Bob's article, "Main Street Bubble" and get screaming mad! Hassan interviews Fitzpatrick and Brooks amidst the changing weather of a fall Boston day. Filmed 10-7-10. My web site is freedomofmind.com

https://vimeo.com/15649228

More videos and audios exposing MLM's here:

http://www.falseprofits.com/FP/Audios_and_Videos.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this audio interview with Robert Fitzpatrick, America's leading expert on MLM's. It's very revealing and informative, the best one I've ever heard on MLM's.

http://pyramidschemealert.org/PSAMain/r ... ality.html

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Anyone ever been involved with MLM or Network Marketing?

Post by Winston »

All of you should attend an MLM meeting at least once in your life. It will be a great learning experience for you and show you the epitome in how brainwashing cults operate. Heck you will be very tempted to join once you attend the meeting. The enthusiasm at the meetings, though fake, is very compelling and tempting, and preys on all your emotions. They usually have highly motivating speakers at those meetings that can even fool the most intelligent person. Also the group pressure is strong too, and will cause you to feel tempted to give in to group pressure. Both the enthusiasm of the MLM speaker/presenter, and that of the group, combine to create a very POWERFUL brainwashing force that will highly tempt you to join.

Believe me, I've been to them and was almost had by them several times.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Anyone ever been involved with MLM or Network Marketing?

Post by Winston »

Intelligent rational discussion between me and Alex about MLMs.

[6/19, 2:41 PM] Winston Wu: What do u think of MLM? Can u succeed in that?

[6/19, 2:43 PM] Alex From Venice: I've been involved for a few times, both in italy (2 times) and while I was in Malaysia (1 time). but never succeeded
[6/19, 2:43 PM] Alex From Venice: just wasted my money

[6/19, 2:57 PM] Winston Wu: But youre too smart to fall for that kind of scam right? They have very charismatic speakers at those MLM meetings. Even smart people can be tricked.

[6/19, 3:06 PM] Alex From Venice: MLM is a good marketing system... much better than direct selling. The only problem is that if you aren't cut to be sales person and in PR, it may be very difficult to succeed... but that's the same for any sales related job.
[6/19, 3:06 PM] Alex From Venice: It just turned out that sales isn't my thing
[6/19, 3:07 PM] Alex From Venice: unless... if it's a MLM related to tech stuff... in that case, maybe I could succeed

[6/19, 3:10 PM] Winston Wu: But only a few people can make it even if ur good. They also lie when they claim that anyone can succeed if they follow the formula or system.
[6/19, 3:11 PM] Winston Wu: They lie like that to lure u in. Because of course if they told u the truth that u have to be very good in sales, then many people would not join.
[6/19, 3:11 PM] Winston Wu: Plus many MLMs are not selling the product. they are selling a dream of financial liberation.

[6/19, 3:12 PM] Alex From Venice: it depends the object of the sale... like if it's selling real estate or services, or cleaning products, or beauty products, or health products... anything can be sold by human being without super natural powers
[6/19, 3:13 PM] Alex From Venice: direct sales are much more difficult to sustain and doesn't provide passive income like MLM
[6/19, 3:14 PM] Alex From Venice: MLM is a much better "sales" system, because any seller can make a small sales network so it's not always alone and only relying on own sales
[6/19, 3:15 PM] Alex From Venice: yes, that's the trick

[6/19, 3:15 PM] Winston Wu: True. But MLM is hard. not easy. And what works in theory doesnt in reality. A chain letter that asks u to send money works in theory but not in reality too.

[6/19, 3:15 PM] Alex From Venice: the misleading part

[6/19, 3:15 PM] Winston Wu: They make misleading claims to draw people in.

[6/19, 3:15 PM] Alex From Venice: yes, true

[6/19, 3:16 PM] Winston Wu: U gotta recruit downline people in an MLM.
[6/19, 3:16 PM] Winston Wu: Why does amway have such a bad reputation?

[6/19, 3:17 PM] Alex From Venice: yes, but that's more simple than the "classic" way of hiring people as sales agent, and then build a own sales network

[6/19, 3:18 PM] Winston Wu: I hate it when they say "Anyone can do it if they work hard and put in the effort."

[6/19, 3:18 PM] Alex From Venice: because I think they make misleading claims that then doesn't work for most of people

[6/19, 3:19 PM] Winston Wu: In theory yes. But in reality. Not always. Also MLM products tend to be expensive because they have to give everyone in the upline a cut.

[6/19, 3:19 PM] Alex From Venice: haha... yeah... put that way, if you fail, means that you are stupid or lazy or both

[6/19, 3:19 PM] Winston Wu: Thus MLM can turn into a religion or cult.
[6/19, 3:22 PM] Winston Wu: Does italy have MLMs?

[6/19, 3:24 PM] Alex From Venice: sure... I first meet MLM when I was 20... so 30 years ago
[6/19, 3:24 PM] Alex From Venice: I think it was Amway

[6/19, 3:27 PM] Winston Wu: U also need to have a big social network. If u dont know anyone u cant build a downline. U gotta be extroverted too. U cant rely on cold approach by talking to strangers. Ive been approached by MLMers at gas stations. That doesnt work.

[6/19, 3:28 PM] Alex From Venice: yes, not everyone is cut for sales
[6/19, 3:28 PM] Alex From Venice: but those who are, they have better income on a MLM system than on classic direct sales

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Anyone ever been involved with MLM or Network Marketing, aka Pyramid Schemes?

Post by Winston »

Great video exposing MLM's and pyramid schemes.

The same guy also made a video about the dark truth about get-rich-quick online gurus.