Martial Arts that don't work

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Martial Arts that don't work

Post by odbo »

Pseudo self-defense :)

"A Kiai Master offers a 5000 dollar challenge that he can beat any MMA fighter. Too bad for him because his techniques doesn't affect the MMA fighter."
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The camera angles in that video is not very good, this one is better:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jf3Gc2a ... r_embedded[/youtube]
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

But if you are 6 feet tall and 250 pounds of muscle and have the insane look of a psychotic dog rapist in your eyes, your opponent will most likely run after you let out a loud kiai! Having a threatening appearance is they key to kiai-jutsu, I think! That man just looked like a sweet old grandfather who wouldn't scare a four-year-old!

There is also fart-jutsu. You let out the most horrible-smelling fart and then your opponent no longer wants anything to do with you.

There is also vomit-jutsu. How many people are focused enough to keep fighting after being vomited on? Most people would stop in shock and go "Ewwww!" and walk away.

Although I personally recommend sprint-in-the-opposite-direction-jutsu for those like me who don't have ferocious fighting abilities.
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Post by ClearView »

A gun is the best civilian weapon but without situational awareness one can still get taken. Bodyguard jitsu with a gun is better!
liriempiotutti
Freshman Poster

Post by liriempiotutti »

the 'kiai master' is delusional.....this guy has never been in a real fight, only an idiot would do these stupid demonstrations. It's a miracle he even reached his age. I guess he watched too many movies....
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Huh? Why didn't his energy weapons work? And how did they work against those karate students in the beginning?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Can you guys explain this one? Is it for real? What is this touch he has that renders people unconscious? Is there such a thing in ancient martial arts?

What about what this ninjitsu master did?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Winston wrote:Huh? Why didn't his energy weapons work? And how did they work against those karate students in the beginning?
Gullible to the last, but to answer your question, his energy weapons are slightly handicapped by not existing. That shit only works on people like you who believe in it. If they really worked how come professional fighters and soldiers don't use them?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Martial Arts that don't work

Post by Taco »

odbo wrote:Pseudo self-defense :)

"A Kiai Master offers a 5000 dollar challenge that he can beat any MMA fighter. Too bad for him because his techniques doesn't affect the MMA fighter."
I been told that most martial art are basically useless in a street fight with the exception of Wing Chun which allows you to block and strike all in one motion.

Even, MMA Champion Lyoto Machida, who has a black belt in Karate also has black belt in Jiu Jitsu for his ground game.

Lyoto Machida

Wing Chun Basic Techniques Part 1

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What are you talking about? Wing Chun is effective. Bruce Lee studied it too. Haven't you seen the Yip Man movies with Donnie Yen?

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

billy wrote:Yeah with hope you can make money.
Win tsung is one of the biggest scams in martial arts history.
These guys want so much money. But they can nothing.
There is no suprise that you will never hear that a Win tsung-
master will ever win a MMA tournament. They give hopeto the little
scinny guys and some girls that they can overpower an bigger
opponent.
Anyway, against a guy who did like 3 moth of Boxing and who is
athletic they have not the slightest chance.

Boxing is 3000 years old still one of the simpliest and most effective
non-technics to beat an opponent. The thing is you already have to
have the power. When you are a skinny nerd it won´t help you
much.

The actual Nr. 1 guy in UFC is beating guys with 100% boxing.
You need just one power strike, than you kill the opponent so
don´t believe in this martial arts scam. Better pray to Jesus.
What? I disagree Billy, I'm no martial arts expert, but all the boxers I see on MMA and K-1 competitions routinely get destroyed by more balanced fighters! The best fighters like Anderson Silva, Fedor Emelianenko, and Georges St-Pierre are proficient in all areas of fighting like karate, jujitsu, kickboxing, wrestling and boxing. You need a good ground game to go along with good striking techniques and close combat fighting in order to be the best. In terms of street fighting, I wouldn't know as I'm not much of a fighter, but all the fights that I've seen in person and on video, people with good boxing skills do very well in face-to-face fights.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:What are you talking about? Wing Chun is effective. Bruce Lee studied it too. Haven't you seen the Yip Man movies with Donnie Yen?
I don't know whether Wing Chun is any good, but Bruce Lee did utilize different martial arts into his repertoire; Dana White even says Bruce Lee was the godfather of mixed martial arts. BTW, Karate and Tae Kwon Do are absolutely useless martial arts. Those guys are dreaming if they think you can fight people using those crappy skills. Personally, I think the jiujitsu, kickboxing, and judo are the best Asian martial arts out there.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Not all heavyweight boxers are power punchers: For example, Muhammad Ali was not a very powerful puncher, but he won fights due to his speed, agility, and hand speed. You don't always need to have great punching power to be a great boxer; Some are great defensive fighters or counter-punchers with average to slightly above-average power like Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Juan Manuel Marquez.

As for this Dos Santos guy, I give him props for defeating Cain Velasquez and other quality opponents. But generally, brawler type fighters like Kimbo Slice eventually get exposed as frauds.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The best fighters are the ones that are experts in striking, kicking, submissions and wrestling. Unfortunately, there isn't a fighting system that emphasizes these four areas together. As a result, many MMA champions will be experts in several fighting styles which makes them very unpredictable and devastating in the ring. In addition, the physical attributes of speed, strength, flexibility and endurance are needed to dominate an opponent.

Anderson Silva is argueably the best fighter in the world, having kicked more asses than anyone with the least effort. It is no surprise, he is a master at Muay Thai, Boxing, Jui Jitsu, Taekwondo, Judo and Capoeira.

Anderson Silva
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLP5mUT ... re=related