Why Jews Don't Believe in Jesus as Their Messiah - Key Reasons

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Why Jews Don't Believe in Jesus as Their Messiah - Key Reasons

Post by Winston »

Interesting clips explaining the key reasons why the Jews don't accept Jesus as their messiah. Rabbi Tovia Singer explains why below.

Full version of this interview with the Rabbi and his anti-missionary work here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGMDR_qPxq8

Why Judaism and Christianity are sharply incompatible and why "Jews for Jesus" groups are false. You should see this one @MrMan.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why Jews Don't Believe in Jesus as Their Messiah - Key Reasons

Post by Winston »

From the Christian perspective of why Jews don't accept Jesus. This black Christians explains. This is probably @MrMan's perspective too.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@fschmidt what's your take on the above?

I don't understand something. Jesus didn't betray Rome and wasn't a traitor. So why was he crucified? Usually unless they are a top criminal and a high priority target, a typical execution involves a hanging or beheading. Not a crucifixion.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@MrMan wow this will blow you away.

6 reasons why Jews don't believe in Jesus, from the organization called Jews for Judaism.

WHY JEWS DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS – Why Jesus is Not the Jewish Messiah – with Julius Ciss.

Christian missionaries, like Jews for Jesus, profess that Jesus is the Jewish messiah.
Why has Judaism rejected this claim for 2,000 years?

The concept of the Messiah has its foundation in our Jewish Bible, the Tanach, which teaches that all of the following criteria must be fulfilled before any person can be acknowledged as the Messiah:

Reason #1 – The Messiah must be from the Tribe of Judah and a Descendant of King David AND King Solomon – Jesus did not qualify.

The Messiah must be a member of the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10) and a direct descendant of King David & King Solomon (2 Samuel 7:12-14; 1 Chronicles 22:9-10). Genealogy in the Bible is only passed down from father to son (Numbers 1:1-18).

There is no evidence that Jesus really had this pedigree, and the Christian Bible actually claims that he did not have a “birth-father” from the tribe of Judah descending from King David and King Solomon (Matt. 1:18-20).

Reason #2 – Ingathering of the Jewish Exiles – Jesus did not do this.

When the Messiah is reigning as King of Israel, the Jews will be ingathered from their exile and will return to Israel, their homeland (Deut. 30:3; Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 30:3, 32:37; Ezekiel 11:17, 36:24).
This has clearly not yet happened and we still await its fulfillment.

Reason #3– Rebuilding of the Holy Temple – Jesus failed to achieve this.

The Temple in Jerusalem will be rebuilt (Isaiah 2:2-3, 56:6-7, 60:7, 66:20; Ezekiel 37:26–27; Malachi 3:4; Zech. 14:20-21).

The Temple was still standing in Jesus’ day. It was destroyed 38 years after Jesus’ crucifixion and it has not yet been rebuilt.

Reason #4– Worldwide Reign of Peace – Jesus did not accomplish this.

There will be universal disarmament and worldwide peace with a complete end to war (Micah 4:1-4; Hoseah 2:20; Isaiah 2:1-4, 60:18).

Wars have increased dramatically in the world since the start of Christianity.

Reason #5 – Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews – Jesus didn’t bring this about.

The Messiah will reign as King at a time when all the Jewish people will observe G-d’s commandments (Ezekiel 37:24; Deut. 30:8,10; Jeremiah 31:32; Ezekiel 11:19-20, 36:26-27).

Jesus never ruled as King, nor have all Jews embraced the commandments of G-d’s Torah.

Reason #6 – Universal Knowledge of G-d – Jesus clearly failed here also.

The Messiah will rule at a time when all the people of the world will come to acknowledge and serve the one true G-d (Zechariah 3:9, 8:23,14:9,16; Isaiah 45:23, 66:23; Jeremiah 31:33; Ezekiel 38:23; Psalm 86:9; Zeph. 3:9).

This, as well, has not yet taken place and we await its fulfillment.

No matter how many unusual & miraculous things Jesus seems to accomplish in the New Testament, he doesn't fulfill even one of the 6 criteria by which the Nation of Israel can recognize him as the true Jewish Messiah.

To find out more go to www.jewsforjudaism.ca

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Very interesting. A simulated debate between a Jew for Jesus and a Jew for Judaism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXxnp1iwyaQ

Live debate on TV between a Jew for Jesus vs a Jew for Judaism. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IanpaBa2R3c

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this riveting intense confrontation between Rabbi Tovia Singer and a Christian Evangelist while people watch. The background looks like they are in Jerusalem.

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 3:38 pm
Wow check out this riveting intense confrontation between Rabbi Tovia Singer and a Christian Evangelist while people watch. The background looks like they are in Jerusalem.

watched the opening part. God provoking Israel to jealousy through Gentiles is from the song of Moses in Deuteronomy 32. Paul quotes from it in the book of Romans.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What does it matter if God provoked Israel to jealousy or not? How is that significant? And why are the two men in the video above arguing about it? It must have some key point in it. The Rabbi, Tovia Singer, is an expert in the Bible. So he must know what he's talking about. Maybe you misinterpreted the verse MrMan?

@fschmidt what's your take on this? And why aren't you a member of Jews for Judaism? See here: www.jewsforjudaism.ca

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 2:27 pm
My take is that this is boring. Who cares?
Winston wrote:
October 3rd, 2023, 10:20 am
And why aren't you a member of Jews for Judaism?
Because I am against Judaism.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rabbi Michael Skobac explains in this lecture why Judaism doesn't accept the New Testament.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

fschmidt wrote:
October 3rd, 2023, 3:12 pm
Winston wrote:
October 2nd, 2023, 2:27 pm
My take is that this is boring. Who cares?
Winston wrote:
October 3rd, 2023, 10:20 am
And why aren't you a member of Jews for Judaism?
Because I am against Judaism.
If your mother was not Jewish aren't you technically considered not Jewish ? Have you studied the Talmud much ?
Time to Hide!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Moretorque wrote:
October 4th, 2023, 9:01 am
If your mother was not Jewish aren't you technically considered not Jewish ? Have you studied the Talmud much ?
Both of my parents were racially Jewish. My mother was culturally Jewish and my father was culturally Hungarian. Both of my parents were atheists.

I studied the Talmud some, probably more than anyone else here. I attended classes on Judaism at an orthodox synagogue which discussed the Talmud. I had private classes with a rabbi. And I read several books about the Talmud.