Rush Limbaugh explains salvation by faith alone in Jesus; not by behavior

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Neo
Junior Poster

Rush Limbaugh explains salvation by faith alone in Jesus; not by behavior

Post by Neo »

Rush Limbaugh explains salvation here at 1:01:00 to 1:02:00 (One hour and one minute mark).

Show: Monday, August 5.2019 61 minutes into program (1:40PM)

Open transcript / Quote:

Behavior has nothing to do with it. Belief does.

They have tried to say that what you have to do to get to heaven is impossible: you have to live a perfect life, and you can't do that so that's a myth.

That's not what it [the Bible?] says. To get to heaven you believe in Jesus; seriously seriously believe and accept Jesus Christ.

That's cause nobody can live a sin free life. It's not possible [by] virtue of our creation it is impossible.

So that cannot be the test, but the left has come along and convinced non-believers and the ignorant that it is.

Now the left thinks that religion / organized religion is one of the biggest tricks ever played on humanity and they think it's a brilliant trick because it was used to keep societies and groups of
people in check.

------

In other words, Rush Limbaugh knows that salvation is not by works (behavior has nothing to do with it), and that it is by believing in Jesus Christ. Notice he didn't mention works, or repentance or any of the diversions that many people are deluded by.

He also goes on to touch on, very briefly, the subjects of creationism and eternal life.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Rush Limbaugh explains salvation by faith alone in Jesus; not by behavior

Post by Cornfed »

The book of James, common sense and to some extent even Paul disagrees with you, and this is a stupid thing to try to base a society on. This kind of thinking is what led to the downfall of Christianity to the point where it is nothing but an albatross round our necks. You arguably should be burnt at the stake for heresy.
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Rush Limbaugh explains salvation by faith alone in Jesus; not by behavior

Post by Neo »

Cornfed wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 1:49 am
The book of James, common sense and to some extent even Paul disagrees with you, and this is a stupid thing to try to base a society on. This kind of thinking is what led to the downfall of Christianity to the point where it is nothing but an albatross round our necks. You arguably should be burnt at the stake for heresy.
Have you fully followed and understood what James writes? James is saying that good works are proof of salvation. Belief is what saves us, but it isn't proven until the work is done. [I will show you my faith BY MY WORKS.] He's just talking about the proof. He's not saying that works save. Works are just the proof. Show=prove.

And if you think Paul disagrees with me or rather that I contradict him, then you haven't understood much of the NT.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3:24 KJV Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.