Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why the Bible teaches a Salvation by WORKS, NOT by Faith Alone!

Post by Cornfed »

Taco wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 11:49 pm
If salvation is by faith alone then you wouldn't need to go to get baptized, go to church, or obey the 10 commandments because you'll still be
saved no matter what you do. As a Mormon, I don't believe that.

But Jim Baker did. Banging hookers with church collection money...

What is it about Tammy that instinctively makes me want to thwop her head off with an katana?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Neo wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 12:52 am
Acts 8:37 shows us that to be baptized, a person must already believe in Christ (meaning he is already saved). The requirement for salvation isn't baptism or any work. It is simply believe that Jesus is the Son of God, known as the Messiah, Christ, Redeemer, Savior. He saves. Our righteousnesses don't save us.
LIE ALERT: So an infant or a mentally disabled person cannot be "saved" because they cannot conceptualize the Jesus as the son of God lie? Get real....
Neo wrote: However, not everyone who commits sin is cut off. The saved who commit sin will be chastised in this life and or have a lesser reward in heaven.
So I can just believe that your "Jesus" figure is the actual son of god (True Christians think he actually IS god by the way of the trinity) then commit crimes and harm people all I wish and one's access to heaven is still guaranteed?

You really need to stop this Neo. Both you and it sound quite deranged.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 8:02 am
Neo wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 12:52 am
Acts 8:37 shows us that to be baptized, a person must already believe in Christ (meaning he is already saved). The requirement for salvation isn't baptism or any work. It is simply believe that Jesus is the Son of God, known as the Messiah, Christ, Redeemer, Savior. He saves. Our righteousnesses don't save us.
LIE ALERT: So an infant or a mentally disabled person cannot be "saved" because they cannot conceptualize the Jesus as the son of God lie? Get real....
Neo wrote: However, not everyone who commits sin is cut off. The saved who commit sin will be chastised in this life and or have a lesser reward in heaven.
So I can just believe that your "Jesus" figure is the actual son of god (True Christians think he actually IS god by the way of the trinity) then commit crimes and harm people all I wish and one's access to heaven is still guaranteed?

You really need to stop this Neo. Both you and it sound quite deranged.
Wicked people who seek to harm others will not be granted salvation. These are the people God hates, and He will not save them. And He knows who is wicked and who is good. He knows all things. He knows every person's soul. So no, if they are so wicked as that, they will not be joining God in heaven.

Yes, Jesus is God, and He is one with the Father and the Holy Ghost, but to be saved, a person must believe that Jesus is the Christ, meaning He is the Messiah, the Son of God.

Babies should not be baptized for the reason you mentioned. They have not yet believed. Babies and premature infants still go to heaven if they die.

Thanks for that.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote: Wicked people who seek to harm others will not be granted salvation. These are the people God hates, and He will not save them. And He knows who is wicked and who is good. He knows all things. He knows every person's soul. So no, if they are so wicked as that, they will not be joining God in heaven.
Well then you agree that you were lying above and elsewhere that all that is necessary is to believe Jesus is the Son of God. Busted!
Neo wrote: Yes, Jesus is God, and He is one with the Father and the Holy Ghost, but to be saved, a person must believe that Jesus is the Christ, meaning He is the Messiah, the Son of God.
Make up your mind. Either your Jesus is your god, or he is not. There is no magical fusion by claiming Jesus is really the father and the holy ghost also. The trinity myth is one of the most blatant examples of nonsense in all of Christianity. Your ten commandments require you to worship ONE god, not three that you claim is really one via mental gymnastics. Busted!
Neo wrote: Babies should not be baptized for the reason you mentioned. They have not yet believed. Babies and premature infants still go to heaven if they die.
Oh really? And where is your proof or are you just making things up as you go along to suit your agenda? I also love how you conveniently ignored my question about mentally disabled people who I guess could never be "saved" with your requirement.

Face it, your religion is a FRAUD designed to dupe people into control and servitude via fear. I think many religious people will end up in hell if there is one. Depriving people of their free will via COERCION is just plain wrong.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

August 6th, 2019, 5:00 pm
Neo wrote: Wicked people who seek to harm others will not be granted salvation. These are the people God hates, and He will not save them. And He knows who is wicked and who is good. He knows all things. He knows every person's soul. So no, if they are so wicked as that, they will not be joining God in heaven.
Well then you agree that you were lying above and elsewhere that all that is necessary is to believe Jesus is the Son of God. Busted!
All that is required to be saved is to believe that Jesus is the Son of God. However, there are some people who are reprobate, who have perfected evil. These are people that God does not want. (Because why should a truly evil person be granted eternal life? And why would God want to invite such a person to live in His house with Him personally?) For these people, they will not be able to get saved, because God will not give them the faith to believe. Even faith itself is a gift from God. If God has rejected a person, He will not give that person faith. These people will never be able to accept that salvation is simply by faith in Jesus. There are many people who are unable to believe in Jesus, because they are rejected, and they are rejected because they are truly evil and detestable. These people believe in delusions.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Face it, your religion is a FRAUD designed to dupe people into control and servitude via fear. I think many religious people will end up in hell if there is one. Depriving people of their free will via COERCION is just plain wrong.
Certainly many religious people will perish. However, no saved person will ever perish in hell. And there is no coercion to say a person must simply trust in Christ to save them. That is salvation, not coercion.

All you do is testify against yourself, showing God whose side you're truly on. It doesn't bother me one bit that you say you've busted me.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 5:12 pm
Certainly many religious people will perish. However, no saved person will ever perish in hell. And there is no coercion to say a person must simply trust in Christ to save them. That is salvation, not coercion.

All you do is testify against yourself, showing God whose side you're truly on. It doesn't bother me one bit that you say you've busted me.
You remind me of Jim Jones, the late Pastor of The People’s Temple in Jonestown, Guyana. Your wicked self-righteousness might be worse than his even, and he earned himself a fast track to hell which is where you’ll end up unless you do some deep introspection and soul searching to rid yourself of this obsession with getting others to drink the poison Kool Aid that you’ve obviously already drunk.

Doing that in the name of "god" to other Christians guarantees you a place in hell which is where I increasingly think you belong.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

August 6th, 2019, 11:44 pm
Neo wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 5:12 pm

You remind me of Jim Jones, the late Pastor of The People’s Temple in Jonestown, Guyana. Your wicked self-righteousness might be worse than his even, and he earned himself a fast track to hell which is where you’ll end up unless you do some deep introspection and soul searching to rid yourself of this obsession with getting others to drink the poison Kool Aid that you’ve obviously already drunk.

Doing that in the name of "god" to other Christians guarantees you a place in hell which is where I increasingly think you belong.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

If you are believing the nonsense Neo is peddling here, do yourself a favor and view this video. You may be falling prey to cult-programming which is the repetitive, mantra-like ramblings often with biblical citations.

Learn to think critically for yourself and don't let cult recruiters like Neo bring you under their control!

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

August 7th, 2019, 2:10 am
If you are believing the nonsense Neo is peddling here, do yourself a favor and view this video. You may be falling prey to cult-programming which is the repetitive, mantra-like ramblings often with biblical citations.

Learn to think critically for yourself and don't let cult recruiters like Neo bring you under their control!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Christians are part of the communities all around us everywhere. It's not a cult.

In the Bible, false prophets are spoken of. These are the ravening wolves in sheep's clothing who are seeking to devour other people's lives, especially by leading them into a false gospel that doesn't save, or even leading them to death in some cases. Cults are formed by these false prophets, and it was even foreknown that because of them Christianity would be evil-spoken of. [Also, many false prophets will steal other men's wives, and others are homosexuals - this is opposed to Christianity.]

Christianity is not about forming some community in the wilderness of Guyana, and that isn't necessary. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Christians need to remove themselves out of a community (except for if that city is about to be destroyed by God).

The first and main thing that Christianity is about is believing and accepting that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God. That is the only thing a person has to do to be saved and to be a Christian. Everything else about Christianity is the keeping of the commandments. People are not commanded to live apart from civilization or to form a sect in the wilderness. And there are multiple warnings against false prophets and ravening wolves.

Also, I have not spoken of keeping the commandments in detail on this form, except to say that, we are commanded to love each other as we would have others love us, and treat other people the way we'd want them to treat us. That has nothing to do with forming or joining a cult.

A wise man shouldn't liken Christianity to a cult.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

^^^ Guy looks like a WASP version of Dave Chappelle.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 6:02 am
That is the point, you are not pushing true Christianity. You are pushing false doctrine and backward lies to suit your agenda. So your particular brand of Christianity is a cult, not legitimate Christianity which I could tolerate.
Evil under the guise of righteousness goes straight to the fires of hell, and rightfully so!
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

August 7th, 2019, 8:23 am
Neo wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 6:02 am
That is the point, you are not pushing true Christianity. You are pushing false doctrine and backward lies to suit your agenda. So your particular brand of Christianity is a cult, not legitimate Christianity which I could tolerate.
Evil under the guise of righteousness goes straight to the fires of hell, and rightfully so!