Does this prove that God doesn't exist?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Does this prove that God doesn't exist?

Post by Winston »

This Atheist argues in this long essay that the fact that God won't heal amputees and the fact that there's never been a documented case in history of an amputees' limbs being regenerated proves that God doesn't exist.

http://www.whywontgodhealamputees.com/god5.htm

What do you think? Does he make a solid case? Any holes in his reasoning?

I think he does have valid points but his universe is too narrow in an either/or view of the universe.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Post by kristy_571 »

I think that we all have a choice to believe in what works best for us. I personally think that there is a God. Human beings like to add things that are not true, so sometimes everything in the bible may not be correct. And it is up to God himself if he chooses those amputees to be healed or not. But does it really matter? God is something within us that we see as beautiful and pure. I say, whether or not there is actual scientific evidence of God, let us believe what we will. :) Anyhoo.. that works well for me at least. But questioning is good.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

I don't think any logical argument can ever prove or disprove the existence of God in any absolute way.

All philosopher's can do is create their own system of assumptions about God and the universe and try to prove or disprove the existence of God on the basis of these. So all they can ever say is that they have proved a fact within their system, but they can never prove that their system is an accurate model of reality.

All we can do is look within the swirling mass of logic and intuition that makes us human and make our own highly subjective decisions.

I have a hard time believing in a personal God, and I would rather call the innermost essence of the universe or possibly the whole universe and what's beyond it God.