Is Islam an Answer?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Is Islam an Answer?

Post by Eric »

I was wondering this. I had this on my mind, a very long time. As I've stated before in my posts, I used to live in Turkey...so I have an insightful and endearing look into part of the Islamic world. It's a very difficult thing to handle, partially because of so much rancor and hatred in the west right now against Islam - perpetrated mainly by the Jewish media, of course - and taken up by gullible sheep Christians; hey, I just have to be intellectually honest here.

It really bothered me when I came back home to see everyone hating Islam so much. It still bothers me to see ignorance on tv. opinions of my own family, friends etc.

I have become increasingly more interested and drawn to Islam, and reading about it and about the prophet Mohammad. I find something about Islam makes it seem warm...down to earth, hospitable and common sense. If you can get past all the created images of terrorism, jihad propaganda...just all of the bad things Jewish media always make and creates about every culture... you'd see that Islam actually makes a lot of sense. They've got the men women thing down right, no "feminism" has really got into their culture, which I find a good thing overall.
Also, Muslims I've known seem so warm and caring, honest genuine loyal people. I can't complain about these people, at all. I've read about Mohammad and past all the lies wrote about him, I see someone who was honest, caring and wanted to do the right thing.

I won't be sad to leave China, I'm leaving and won't miss this place. It's true - communism does suck. This place is oppressed and it sucks. It is like the garbage bin of places to go to, which is why it's so easy to come here first.
I won't miss it.
thanks for reading. What do you guys think?
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is Islam an Answer?

Post by fschmidt »

I think Islam is one of the promising options, the other being traditional Anabaptists. I am currently reading the Quran and I attend my local mosque most Friday nights for shabbat. I also actively post to this Muslim forum:

http://www.islamicboard.com/
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

These are some of my feelings about Islam too, I am afraid to think them sometimes; though. I'm surprised you said so fschmidt given your Judaism, but I guess it makes sense. I'm Christian - but I see much good in Islamic culture and I see many benefits that are not found in my religion. In a way Islam almost seems more free, less bound by strictures...but common sense and practical.

If you take it as a progression from strict Law bound Judaism filtered down to Christianity and Islam is the crystallization after that. It makes sense that it would feel more "free". Thanks for your contributions.
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Post by Nomad »

As a christian, what do you want me to say? That I support the beheading of my persecuted brothers in Islamic territories? That I support the rape culture in Sweden? That I can ignore Islamic aggression and over 15,000+ terrorist attacks? That you call the news "Jew Media" and that Islam is the "peaceful religion" it claims to be? How to love Mohammad, who was one of the greatest degenerates of his time? Having sex and marrying young girls. So much sex, that it seems that 1 time when he went to the temple, he was covered in semen? That is your role model huh?

Your talking about one of the most demonic cultures as if it was a good thing. That only leads me to believe Eric, that you need help, if you cannot see the obvious problems with Islam.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Says an obvious brainwashed person. What would you know of anything about it? Have you ever been to an Islamic country, or do you just wax knowledge from behind your computer screen. This is exactly what I'm talking about... you know nothing of what you're talking about, absolutely nothing; you've read a few books on the subject by hateful, bigoted Christian authors probably - and think you know Islam, the religion.
What if I told you that those "beheadings" and the staged terror that you see, the media always happens to so scrupulously pick up on and broadcast worldwide...was just that, sometimes staged - or even worse, perpetrated by known terrorist groups funded by the west? Does that represent all of Islam? I guess then, the Salem witch trials can represent Christians...how about the bloody Crusades set off by Urban II? I guess we can blame all the Christian terrorists and crusaders for what they did - let's blame that on the religion. Who funds and arms the Wahabi terrorists, the violent HAMAS? Do you know any of this, or do you just talk? Please, unless you answer intelligently, don't answer. It's obvious you have no to little idea what islam actually is.
Your whole paragraph is a slew of bigoted, unintelligent slanderous ignorance.

Thanks for your non-contribution to this thread.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

The news is Jew media, wake up. Did you ever stop to consider that the very perspectives you're getting from the news media happen to be Jewish perspectives, because the media is largely run and owned by Jews?

Have you ever stopped to consider where your opinions come from... or do you just take them and run?
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Post by Nomad »

Eric wrote:Says an obvious brainwashed person. What would you know of anything about it? Have you ever been to an Islamic country, or do you just wax knowledge from behind your computer screen. This is exactly what I'm talking about... you know nothing of what you're talking about, absolutely nothing; you've read a few books on the subject by hateful, bigoted Christian authors probably - and think you know Islam, the religion.
What if I told you that those "beheadings" and the staged terror that you see, the media always happens to so scrupulously pick up on and broadcast worldwide...was just that, sometimes staged - or even worse, perpetrated by known terrorist groups funded by the west? Does that represent all of Islam? I guess then, the Salem witch trials can represent Christians...how about the bloody Crusades set off by Urban II? I guess we can blame all the Christian terrorists and crusaders for what they did - let's blame that on the religion. Who funds and arms the Wahabi terrorists, the violent HAMAS? Do you know any of this, or do you just talk? Please, unless you answer intelligently, don't answer. It's obvious you have no to little idea what islam actually is.
Your whole paragraph is a slew of bigoted, unintelligent slanderous ignorance.

Thanks for your non-contribution to this thread.
Your a pro-Islamic sympathizer. I get it, you love Muslims and hate christians and jews. I expect nothing less from you. I am not going to defend myself because Islam speaks for itself. All the world see's what Islam is and I find it funny that you claim to be a christian. Your not a christian, which makes you a liar and a deceiver.

Look at how hateful and spiteful you are to a completely random stranger on the internet. If this is what your religion teaches, no one should follow your religion of hate. You assume I have ignorance because I don't agree with your opinion? Well in that case, if I am ignorant, you are blind. If Christians did what islamic terrorists were doing now, I could not defend that. Also, you might want to look up the 400 years of Islamic aggression into the Christian European territories by your Islamic friends of the past. They conquered and invaded Christian lands, the Crusades was just a response to 4 centuries of Islamic attacks.

I don't care what you think of me Eric, but your not a christian and Islam is not a peaceful beautiful religion and I doubt you will convince anyone here with your pro Islamic sympathies. If we was in another time, you'd be labeled as a traitor and booted out. But its a different time so I guess we have to hear your crap about how much you love these people who hurt innocent people. Great.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Firstly, I am a Christian. I was raised a Christian and I'd still consider myself a Christian, I didn't know it was heresy to use your brain? My Christianity has nothing to do with my views on Islam or Islamic people....or intolerant Christians for that matter.

Just so you know, you'd be a heretic in the eyes of your father religion Judaism...for following a false doctrine of "the one who was hanged", or a false messiah. See, the slanderous speech is enough to go around and around!
Christians actually did much worse. Look up what Charlemagne did to thousands of Muslim warriors when he captured them. Look up how they were all treated by the kings before Lionheart. Saladdin was known for his temperance and mercy....his kindness to prisoners and his intelligence. Could we say the same about the Christian kings and rulers who decimated men, women and children? No, one honestly couldn't, and if you were honest with yourself, neither could you.

Actually, I don't have to convince anyone, that's not my job.... and I've got one already, fschmidt! See, that didn't really take that long, didn't even have to "convince" him as you say. :?

I am a pro Islamic sympathizer - because I've lived among them and I've seen on the whole that they are a very nice, kind, genuine people. Nothing like we're led to believe over the pond - if you can believe that. I wish to defend them from the unfair media 'bias' given them by our Western media.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I've lived among Muslims for many years as well. My wife has some Muslim relatives, too. And there are plenty of kind, hard-working, well-intentioned Muslim people. You could also say the same thing about atheists, Hindus, agnostics, Buddhists, or any other belief system or non-belief system. There are people who are genuine, who love their children, too, who will help you if you need help, of just about any religion.

It does bother me to see the extreme way some people in the west think about Muslims. But let's be honest, the terrorism is a part of their religion. There are many groups, and they aren't all the same. Most Muslims aren't terrorists out to blow people up. Most Indonesian Muslims think suicide bombing is crazy and scary. Sometimes the radicals will blow stuff up in Indonesia, which turns Indonesian Muslims further against radicalism.

But your typical average Muslim may have some sympathy for what Palestinian extremists do.

After 9/11, women in Islamic headdresses at work were coming up to me, shaking my hand, and expressing their sympathies at what had happened to my country. But, I also saw a poster of Osama bin Laudin on the wall in the drivers' room when I went there to say goodbye when I was leaving the country a few years after it left. People were sending around joke emails with pictures of celebrities with beards, Madana bin Laudin, Lassie bin Laudin, etc. One email showed NYC photoshopped to have a bunch of mosques in it. Maybe Trump actually understood a bit about Islamic thinking in opposing a mosque at ground zero. To them, they build a mosque then Islam has conquered a place.

So, yeah, most Muslims are relatively peaceful people. But there are also a percentage of Muslims who are terrorists. If it's 10% who are radical, then that's only 100 million people. Yeah, just 100 million. No big deal, right?

I get the impression that Turkey is one of the relatively few laid back Muslim countries, btw, kind of like Indonesia is.

As far as religion goes, any religion that keeps people from understanding the truths of the gospel is doing damage. Muslims understand more about God, probably, than Buddhists or Hindus would learn from their religion. There are a lot of common beliefs with Christianity that can help them understand the Gospel.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Eric wrote: What if I told you that those "beheadings" and the staged terror that you see, the media always happens to so scrupulously pick up on and broadcast worldwide...was just that, sometimes staged - or even worse, perpetrated by known terrorist groups funded by the west? Does that represent all of Islam?
Most Muslims aren't chopping Christians heads off. But this religion has some religious texts that can be used to argue in favor of that.

There are a lot of beheadings and other brutal killings of Christians in the ISIS territory that the regular news outlets don't report, but Christian news sources report. They slit Christians' throats. Recently, it was reported that ISIS radicals killed a number of children from Christian families in a bread kneeding machine. It's really horrific.

Does that represent the average Muslim? No. But it does represent one part of the religious landscape in that religion.

I read a post from a guy who made a multiple choice test and said, who caused the bombing of such and such a plane, building, etc. He had a bunch of questions like that with responses like 'the boy scouts', 'the Roman Catholic church' and 'Islamic terrorists.' Of course, "Islamic terrorists' was the answer to all of them. If you take all the incidents of terror that are reported in the news, it sure seems like the vast majority are associated with a particular religion.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrMan wrote:But let's be honest, the terrorism is a part of their religion.
Terrorism is also part of the Old Testament. The plagues of Egypt were basically terrorism, and the point of that story is that terrorism does work in some circumstances. For example, Zionists used terrorism to drive the British out of Palestine. And I think the Charlie Hebdo attack was largely successful in reducing public insults of Islam. The New Testament doesn't support violence, but the Catholic Church has certainly done its fair share of violence.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

That blasphemers of the Holy Ghost love to accuse God of evil deeds. They judge our Creator, as if they are righteous.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Islam has some challenges. The first issue is that religion is not some independent intellectual costume that you can wear, which is divorced from ethno-lingo-regional ties. To think so is just to have an enlightened non-reality based view of the world. To be a Muslim today effectively means to mix with African or Arab and to a lesser extent south east Asian people. Religion works best when there are splits that account for ethno-lingo-regional differences as has happened in Christianity. This can be seen in Catholic/Orthodox and Catholic/Protestant, etc. Currently there are no splits in Islam that accommodate for a white European variant of Islam. What we have in Europe is an occupying force supported by first generation immigrants. If the supply dries up, so does Islam. These immigrants have largely failed to convert Europeans. And more importantly native Europeans themselves have not created a home brewed version of Islam. So while the current situation seems like a sign of strength for Islam, it is in reality not a proven testament against westernism. It's myopia to view a tide of first generation immigrants (however big) as success, instead of judging a religion based on their native born children. A proven success would be Islam merging with the west to create a more ethno-lingo-regional concoction. Then the question becomes if Islam will merge with the west, will it create a successful reformation as Europeans did with original middle eastern kernel of Christianity? Or will westernism just make Islam equally degenerate?

The best case study of multi generational western Islam is probably in Dearborn Michigan. This is a place that has had Muslims for over 60 years. Based on the results the decedents do appear more western. Here is a video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkfVAeG3rn4[/youtube]
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

The splits in Christianity were all political. None of them were ethno-lingual. Catholicism today spans all ethnic groups. Islam is also quite ethnically diverse. Chechnya is an obvious example of a white Islamic society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxA9i7zFGKA

Your video from Dearborn Michigan is meaningless. Of course every group will have degenerates. To judge Dearborn Michigan, one simply has to visit.

Here are 2 posts worth reading about Islam in Europe:

https://caamib.wordpress.com/2016/01/28 ... of-europe/
https://caamib.wordpress.com/2017/02/10 ... gers-fate/
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

fschmidt wrote:The splits in Christianity were all political. None of them were ethno-lingual. Catholicism today spans all ethnic groups. Islam is also quite ethnically diverse. Chechnya is an obvious example of a white Islamic society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxA9i7zFGKA

Your video from Dearborn Michigan is meaningless. Of course every group will have degenerates. To judge Dearborn Michigan, one simply has to visit.

Here are 2 posts worth reading about Islam in Europe:

https://caamib.wordpress.com/2016/01/28 ... of-europe/
https://caamib.wordpress.com/2017/02/10 ... gers-fate/
Christianity, as in the New Testament, by it's very nature does not have a monolithic holy language akin to Arabic or Hebrew. At least not today, though I don't know in the past. So whether the administrative splits were political or not, it's obvious that services account for linguistic splits. And linguistic splits are paired with ethno splits. In my city there even two Eastern Orthodox churches, one is in Russian, the other is in Greek. The majority of each congregation is of that ethnic background. I don't know the history of Chechnya. That would be worth studying to see why Islam stuck there where as it failed when it occupied southern Europe.

Why do you say my video is meaningless? I'm trying to find examples of Islam that have stood the test of time after multiple generations in the west. Focusing on current immigration statistics is myopia. Dearborn Michigan is the biggest and oldest and most multi-generational example of western Islam. If someone can present me a counter example I would be open to seeing that also.