Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 18th, 2018, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Understanding a belief-based religion: questions for Ada

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote:
Adama wrote:Only a fool would dismiss the concept of eternal life in fire as being true suffering. This man here acts as if eternal life in fire would not be bad, if it is true. Don't you think that eternal life in fire would be bad? Is that also not the definition of hell? Hell is eternal, and the damned will exist in its confines for eternity except for possibly the one hour of Judgment at the Great White Throne where they get to account to the Lord for their sins.
Yes, life (being conscious) in eternal fire would suck. I never said it wouldn't be suffering. It would be bad, obviously. Your reading comprehension is practically non-existent.
And if God Himself defines hell as everlasting punishment, you can rest assured that it isn't truly life, especially in many verses where you find the word hell, you also find the word death. That doesn't mean they evaporate. It means punishment and suffering. Fools.
Ah, so it's a metaphor - that thing you claim doesn't exist in the Bible:
No, they are only metaphors for unbelievers such as yourself. Believers understand because the Holy Ghost reveals to us these things. Those who are not indwelled by the Spirit of God, known as the Holy Ghost, cannot perceive or understand the truth of the Bible, because those things must be understood through the Holy Ghost. That's why the Bible is so confusing to unbelievers. They can't understand because God is not in them interpreting the Bible for them in their hearts. That is one of the gifts the Holy Ghost gives to those who accept Christ through faith alone rather than by works or faith plus works, but naturally all saints are commanded to keep the law.
So, again, you're so stupid you contradict yourself every time you post about this. On the one hand you want to claim that the Bible has no metaphors, but on the other hand you want to interpret certain things metaphorically (i.e. the second death means living and suffering forever.)

Perhaps you should resolve this argument with yourself before you begin trying to discuss things with others.
you want to interpret certain things metaphorically (i.e. the second death means living and suffering forever.)

You only think they are metaphor because you are reprobate. Only a reprobate fool could read all those verses which state everlasting punishment, everlasting destruction, eternal vengeance, torment forever and ever, and somehow come away with believing that hell is NOT eternal conscious suffering. There's no point to hell if it isn't conscious. If it is not eternal, then everything else must also be a lie in the Bible, but the Bible is true. If the Bible says hell is eternal and that torment, punishment and destruction take place there, then we full well know that it is not a metaphor.

Just as everlasting life is heaven. Everlasting punishment is hell and death. Life is in heaven. Death is in hell, where suffering happens for eternity.

This is yet another BASIC spiritual truth that even a five year old can comprehend, but poor Ghost simply can't grasp this simple truth. That is so sad. I just marvel at this blindness. Truly astonishing. And the even sadder part is, somehow you think you're righteous.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote:
Adama wrote:And therein lies your problem. You are unable to believe. I have explained the gospel to numerous people in person who get it after I've read them the third verse. For those who cannot understand after the 10th or even the 20th verse, it is clear to me that they are blocked from belief.
I understand your version of things. It's that your version of things doesn't make sense. My litmus test for believing something is pretty simple: if something doesn't make sense, it probably isn't correct.

That's your problem. You think you're wiser than you are. You've gotten things backwards your whole life, and thrown away your soul because of this super intelligence. Your litmus test is backwards when it comes to God, sadly. First you must trust in Him. Only then will things begin to make sense to you. Never before. Not for anyone. Faith comes first. Then revelation. No one, absolutely no one gets revelation before faith. Too bad for you that the only proof that you will accept is revelation, and that will only come when it's too late for unbelievers.

You don't need to believe it. In fact, we both know now, and by your own admission, you can't believe the gospel. Numerous times you have openly written how faith alone makes no sense, how you can't understand it, and how faith is nothing without works. You're unable to believe. One day though, you'll realize that faith alone is the only way, but still, you'll be unable to believe because you've known for a long time and continued to hold it in unbelief, which is crucifying the Lord over again. And this is an observation, not a judgment.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Ghost wrote:
Adama wrote:And therein lies your problem. You are unable to believe. I have explained the gospel to numerous people in person who get it after I've read them the third verse. For those who cannot understand after the 10th or even the 20th verse, it is clear to me that they are blocked from belief.
I understand your version of things. It's that your version of things doesn't make sense.
You can keep reciting that to yourself, that the salvation doctrine from the Bible is my own creation and not from the Lord. I don't have my own version of scripture or belief. I follow the belief system which is detailed in hundreds of verses by faith alone, with eternal security, without works. Jesus promised that once we believe that He would never cast us out for any reason, and Paul reminds us that salvation is not of works but by faith alone. Reprobates will never accept that salvation is by faith alone without works, because they've been blinded after they refused to believe it enough times. But also the Bible states specifically that the reprobates are filthy, perverted individuals, deeply involved in adultery so far that they prefer the love of that unrighteousness over the love of the truth, which is that salvation is the free gift of God for simply believing that Jesus died to pay for all our sins, past, present and future.

Return to “Religion and Spirituality”