Are these three Bible verses true?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Could these three verses from the Bible be true?

Yes, the verses listed are true.
40%
No, of course they are not true.
60%

Total votes: 5
Eric
Experienced Poster

Re: Are these three Bible verses true?

Post by Eric »

The Hebrew Bible. For the Hebrew people, written in with justifications for Hebrews, and Hebrews alone. The circle of Elders, Talmudic Rabbis chose and selected what went into the canon of the Bible.

What does that tell you. I personally believe they copped it from Egypt and putrified it to their own ends, Hebrew ends. God's word is in there, but you have to sift it out from the Hebrew filth that surrounds it. Take out the genocidal and all other "for Israel" stuff, the laws, heavily edit the Pentateuch, and the word & wisdom of God is present. Moses stole 10 laws out of the 42 Negative Confessions of Ma'at, in Egypt...and made a religion for the Jews, the rest of the world be damned - and they state it quite clearly.
I'm pretty sure the Hebrews stormed the temples and threatened to kill the high priests of Egypt if they did not give them their secrets - they did not, and of course were killed.
Hard to believe - but I think it's true.

The Egyptians built an empire, monuments so unexplainable and marvelous, empires of gold no man could make. A civilization so peaceful and long-lasting it thrived for millennia.
The Hyksos were a goat-herding people that came down from the mountains.

You do the math.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

cdnFA wrote:
Adama wrote:I would not argue with The Lord's Justice. He is Just; The Justifier and Redeemer of the world. One cannot say that the person who is the source of redemption, justice and righteousness is unjust. That is just beyond wicked.
In effect what you are doing would be the same as someone insisting they are not gay while enjoying being balls deep in a guy. Pretty gay to me.
This man is a disgusting pig.
Last edited by Adama on June 4th, 2016, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Eric wrote:The Hebrew Bible. For the Hebrew people, written in with justifications for Hebrews, and Hebrews alone. The circle of Elders, Talmudic Rabbis chose and selected what went into the canon of the Bible.

What does that tell you. I personally believe they copped it from Egypt and putrified it to their own ends, Hebrew ends. God's word is in there, but you have to sift it out from the Hebrew filth that surrounds it. Take out the genocidal and all other "for Israel" stuff, the laws, heavily edit the Pentateuch, and the word & wisdom of God is present. Moses stole 10 laws out of the 42 Negative Confessions of Ma'at, in Egypt...and made a religion for the Jews, the rest of the world be damned - and they state it quite clearly.
I'm pretty sure the Hebrews stormed the temples and threatened to kill the high priests of Egypt if they did not give them their secrets - they did not, and of course were killed.
Hard to believe - but I think it's true.

The Egyptians built an empire, monuments so unexplainable and marvelous, empires of gold no man could make. A civilization so peaceful and long-lasting it thrived for millennia.
The Hyksos were a goat-herding people that came down from the mountains.

You do the math.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Peter 1:21 KJV
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

Adama wrote:
cdnFA wrote:
Adama wrote:I would not argue with The Lord's Justice. He is Just; The Justifier and Redeemer of the world. One cannot say that the person who is the source of redemption, justice and righteousness is unjust. That is just beyond wicked.
According to the bible he kills babies.

Therefore he can not be just, the justifier and redeemer of the world. These two things can not be true.
Either you don't accept the stories of Noah's flood and the killing of the first born of Egypt as true or even metaphorical stories or you can't hold the position that this god fellow is Just.

Killing babies is not the act of a just person. Period. End of story. Do not pass Go, do not collect 200 dollars. QED

Accepting the killing of babies because the bible insists it is the act of a just person sounds pretty wicked to me. it also shows a staggering lack of ability to question and think critically.

There is no amount of bible verse that can change that because killing babies by the thousands and even millions is just not on.

In effect what you are doing would be the same as someone insisting they are not gay while enjoying being balls deep in a guy. Pretty gay to me.

How can you not see this. What sort of monster are you that you think killing babies is the act of a just person.
This man is a disgusting pig.
He calls me a disgusting pig because I think killing babies is not the act of a just being. Remember that folks.
Adama not only thinks it is an action of a just being to kill babies but to question it makes one a disgusting pig.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

EPHESIANS 5:12 KJV For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

Adama wrote:EPHESIANS 5:12 KJV For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
What secret, the baby killing is in the freaken bible.

Also in what world could speaking out against the mass murder of babies be a shame.

I find it Ironic that bible literalistic tend to be anti abortion yes don't seem to have a problem with the mass murder of babies and pregger chicks.

Then we get to the circular reasoning problem.
It is OK for god to butcher babies because the bible says it is.

Morality doesn't work that way. Claiming "I am good because I say I am" is not a sound moral argument to justify horrible evil.