The Problems With Atheists and Atheism

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
suprmon
Freshman Poster

Re: The Problem With Atheists

Post by suprmon »

Winston wrote:
February 22nd, 2022, 12:15 am
suprmon wrote:
February 19th, 2022, 9:11 pm
MrMan wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 7:59 am
suprmon wrote:
April 17th, 2016, 2:26 pm
The only problem I see with atheism, is that the people of religion have no domination or control over them, and that's what people of religion don't like about them! I find it interesting that of all the people who have done the most terrible things of the world there's not a one I heard of that was a devote atheist! Devil worshippers yes, but not atheist!
The video in the OP is dead, and I haven't followed the thread, but I saw this comment.

I have heard the argument, with numbers, that some of the bloodiest regimes in world history have been atheist. Ghenghis Khan might have out-killed Chinese communists at an estimated 40 million, but if the Communist atheist regime is at the high estimate of 42 million, then they could have outkilled Ghengkis Khan. It should count more in a way if you kill your own people than if you kill people in warfare, right?

I have read '100 million dead' to refer to the results of Russian atheist Communism. I am not sure if that includes foolish food management. I hear the Communists stirred up the disenfranchised against tiny farm owners who were a generation or so away from being surfs who'd managed to put together efficient prosperous farms. They shipped these families out to Siberia where there was not nearly enough food or shelter, leaving the country without the efficient farmers to grow food.

A problem with atheism is the idea that someone would be bold enough and adamant about the topic to actually label themselves as atheists. How can any human claim to know that there is _not_ a God. You could claim evidence for God existing. There are a lot of mysteries that astrophysicists run up against like fine tuning.

Then the aggressive new atheist types are worse. We have to be careful as an electorate not to allow adamant atheists into office and not allow them to institute atheism (further) as the state religion. Secularism is not neutral and it is already treated almost like a state religion. If they combine atheism with some of the 'woke' radicalism of antifa... if that took over...it could be another Bolshevik type situation. But the US is a little different from Russia. I don't think they had as many country boy veterans with full gun racks in the back window of their pick-up trucks in Russia back then.
My point is to not say atheists are better than anyone else. Good and evil exists in all humans weather you believe in god or not. My problem is when people who judge others who don't identify with their narrative and this is especially common with people of religion. However in my experiences I have not heard an atheist critique people of their religions, again this is MY experience! As far as the statement you made "How can any human claim to know that there is _not_ a God", well I don't rely on "secular science" as you may put it to prove weather god exists or not: It's COMMON SENSE!!! I can't understand why if there is a god and he wants his children to be so good why does he lets bad things happen to them so (he) can make a point? I mean if you were a father, would you let horrible things happen to your children because you wanted to make a point? Everyone is entitled to believe in what what works best for them provided it doesn't infringe on the liberty of others.
What do you mean? Atheists have done bad things before too. Wasn't Stalin and Mao an atheist? They said "religion is poison" too like modern atheists say. You gotta understand atheism is a philosophy, not a science. The scientific establishment in western cultures have embraced atheism, but that doesn't make atheism scientific. Intelligent design and complexity cannot come from randomness. So atheism fails. Plain and simple. Look at human anatomy or the anatomy of animals. It's more complicated than any supercomputer. We all know that computers and machines do not come from random or unguided processes. So atheism fails.

You are right that a good God would allow bad things to happen to his children. But that doesn't mean no God exists at all and that everything is random and there is no soul or spirit world. That's a HUGE fallacy and unwarranted jump that the establishment TRICKS you into. You gotta be smart and look beyond that. Remember no genius in history was ever an atheist or religious fundamentalist. All geniuses have gone beyond both false religions. Anyone can see that we are not here by random accident. That's an absurd fantasy, even less credible than Genesis. Even Darwin didn't believe his own theories, he was just playing a role and agenda to promote atheism in academia, as part of the agenda.

The key to understanding everything is that everything is a MIXTURE of TRUTH and LIES. This includes religion and science too. The best SOLUTION is NOT to choose between religion and science but to separate the wheat from the chaff. This means you take the good and true parts of religion and science, and reject the bad corrupted parts. That's the REAL solution which the establishment doesn't want you to do, because they don't want you to think. They want you to adopt one of their prepackaged systems that contain both truths and lies, so that either way, you will be corrupted and swallow their poison.

Most people fall for this clever scam, because most people cannot think and separate the wheat from the chaff and have no ability for critical thinking. They are binary in their mindset and sees every theory as being true or false, rather than a mix of truth and lies. So the majority get duped by the establishment approved belief systems. This is why the establishment wants you to choose between Christianity and Atheism, because both contain truths and lies and both make you swallow poison and corrupt you and make you an authoritarian which seeks truth OUTSIDE of you rather than INSIDE of you like you were meant to.

Keep in mind that if something is unimportant, science will tell you the truth, such as how birds mate and migrate or the boiling temperature of water, etc. But if something is important such as consciousness or the origin of life, etc then they will lie to you and mislead you. That's the KEY to understanding misinformation in Wikipedia and establishment media and websites. Everything follows that KEY PATTERN.
(What do you mean? Atheists have done bad things before too) -
Good and evil exists in all humans weather you believe in god or not.

I never denied atheist did bad things, however you can't say people of religion were always good either. Back in the 15th and 16th centuries people from eurocentric countries used religion as an excuse to enslave tribal people around the world.

(The scientific establishment in western cultures have embraced atheism, but that doesn't make atheism scientific) -
I don't rely on "secular science" as you may put it to prove weather god exists or not: It's COMMON SENSE!!!)

Again as I've said, I dont't rely on science to conclude my proof of a deity.

(But that doesn't mean no God exists at all and that everything is random and there is no soul or spirit world.) -

There has been nothing that believers in god that have proven that god exists other than cheap reassurances of faith and the words that come out of there mouths! One of the things where religious zealots gets it wrong is when they say "man is made in god's image." Well, if that's true (and if he loves his children so much) why doesn't he talk to us, or why doesn't he let us see him? I just can't relate to something the doesn't activate any of my 5 senses and therefore is not entitled to my attention!

I can decide for myself what is truth from lies. It's very simple and I don't need some wordy scholar to define it for me. If what I see matches what's being said, that's all I need! I come to my own conclusions and don't invest too much in what anybody says because I've found that grandstanders are pretty much looking for sheep to enslave.

And as I've stated before, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs provided it doesn't infringe on the belief of others. I for one am going to believe what I think is the truth regardless of what anybody says because it's "MY GODGIVEN" right!
JolantaAgata
Freshman Poster

Re: The Problems With Atheists and Atheism

Post by JolantaAgata »

Sad times to live when youths doubt about God and just want to be alone
minotaurfightstore
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I don't get something. What's the appeal of Atheism and why is it so popular in the modern world? It offers NOTHING and has no answer and no solutions to anything. Nothing good. Not even a positive message. So what's the appeal? Why is it so popular in Europe to the point of it becoming a majority there? Any idea?

I was told that it's only popularity is so that people can live a hedonistic lifestyle and not have to think anything deep or question the nature of reality or the paranormal or mysterious. Could that be so? What do you think @Lucas88 and @Pixel--Dude?

Do most people in Britain love Richard Dawkins? He's very unlikable and cynical and offers nothing. So I don't get why the media gives him so much attention as if he's an atheist superstar and authoritative source.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Winston wrote:
December 4th, 2023, 12:26 am
I don't get something. What's the appeal of Atheism and why is it so popular in the modern world? It offers NOTHING and has no answer and no solutions to anything. Nothing good. Not even a positive message. So what's the appeal? Why is it so popular in Europe to the point of it becoming a majority there? Any idea?

I was told that it's only popularity is so that people can live a hedonistic lifestyle and not have to think anything deep or question the nature of reality or the paranormal or mysterious. Could that be so? What do you think @Lucas88 and @Pixel--Dude?

Do most people in Britain love Richard Dawkins? He's very unlikable and cynical and offers nothing. So I don't get why the media gives him so much attention as if he's an atheist superstar and authoritative source.
I think you're absolutely right in what you said about how such a lifestyle is promoted so that people can live hedonistic lifestyles without having to think of anything deeper. It's a belief system of anti belief which is perfectly suited to a capitalist system where these corporate elites want you to see work as the only purpose to life and so you mindlessly consume.

One thing I can't stand about atheists is how they pigheadedly assert that they're right and everyone else is stupid for having belief in a religion or any kind of spirituality. In reality though what proof is there that there is no god or creator? Isn't there proof to the contrary that is summarily ignored? At the end of the day Atheism is just another faith based belief system, where faith is placed in these materialist scientists instead of in priests or holy books. Atheism is all speculation and theory and nothing is based on solid evidence.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
It gives them an opportunity to feel superior to the supposedly deluded masses. They have the courage to stare into the abyss of life's meaninglessness, while the fools who believe in the supernatural do not. Also it's a social status signifier. It guarantees admission into academia and the club of so-called educated people. I recall reading about a letter exchanged between Freemasons in the 19th century that discussed how easy it would be to get the "intellectuals" to buy into the evolution hoax because it played into their social insecurities.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
December 4th, 2023, 2:13 am
Winston wrote:

I think you're absolutely right in what you said about how such a lifestyle is promoted so that people can live hedonistic lifestyles without having to think of anything deeper. It's a belief system of anti belief which is perfectly suited to a capitalist system where these corporate elites want you to see work as the only purpose to life and so you mindlessly consume.

One thing I can't stand about atheists is how they pigheadedly assert that they're right and everyone else is stupid for having belief in a religion or any kind of spirituality. In reality though what proof is there that there is no god or creator? Isn't there proof to the contrary that is summarily ignored? At the end of the day Atheism is just another faith based belief system, where faith is placed in these materialist scientists instead of in priests or holy books. Atheism is all speculation and theory and nothing is based on solid evidence.
Atheism is actually aggressive agnosicm. Most religions are violent and retarded. So it makes sense that they get their ass kicked.

If I could chose I would chose the Greek mythology. It is the most entertaining.

Even if there is god he does not care otherwise he would said personally what he wants.

So it is reasonable to live like there is no god.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
December 4th, 2023, 2:13 am
I would say, it is more the opposite, I left Catholic Church more than 50 years ago, I am an atheist but I don't care about religion and their followers at all.

On the other side there were plenty of people showing up to my face, asking persistently for my religion and tried to convert me to their faith.
Christians of any kind, including Jehovahs and Mormons, Buddhists mainly of Nichiren, but others came too to my home, Shinto groups like Mahikari...Outsiders like scientology... etc.

I never as an atheist did something like that.

I like the Catholic girls in the Philippines,
I like the Buddhist girls in Thailand
I like the Shinto girls in Japan
I like the Muslim girls in Malaysia...
I like also the atheist girls from China...
I am also not against Jewish girls...

I love them all. :lol:

My wife is Presbyterian, my older daughter is into Buddhism, my younger daughter is into Shinto beliefs, we do not try to convince each other to convert.

Keep your religion or non-religion for yourself and everything is fine.
Atheism is all speculation and theory and nothing is based on solid evidence
Religions are not based on solid evidence, there is a lot of hate between people of different religions going on.

Even believers of the same group, like Christianity were fighting against each other, like Catholics and Protestants, Muslim the same - check out Shia Muslim against Sunni...

-----------------

I don't know about atheists fighting against atheists. There is no proof about any form of God does exist, and Buddhism for example does not even believe in an allmighty God...
Many older religions died out, they do not exist anymore, as their believers also died out, nobody believes anymore in religions like those of the Ancient Egypt, Romans or Greeks etc.

Same with Asian religions which are almost gone, like Tao or Confucius...

I do not need to prove that a God (in the sense of Christianity or Islam etc.) does NOT exist. It is the job of the believer to prove what he is preaching when he (or she) is approaching people and trying to convert them, asking them to join a certain church or temple for worshipping.