Gnosticism, Lost Gospels, Esoteric Christianity - Secret Teachings of Jesus Suppressed by the Church?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Gnosticism, Hermeticism, Esoteric Ancient Teachings of Mystery Schools

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
December 2nd, 2017, 1:15 pm
Adama wrote:
December 2nd, 2017, 10:04 am
Any time there is a character called Lucy, you should consider that they are really giving glory to their god Lucifer. It's quite obvious, unless you are a willfully blind "truth seeker."
What about lucille ball or the "I love lucy show" back in the 60s? Was that luciferian too? If so how? Lol. Or just innocent comedy and slapstick? Lol

Btw its funny that one of the chimps that was claimed to be a missing link was also named Lucy, before it was debunked.
Have you noticed that that show was based upon a woman deceiving her husband, playing games, and otherwise being disobedient? That may have been part of the training for women to learn how to model after this behavior. TV is like a slow push toward greater and greater evil.

They also say this is what illuminated means also. So all those groups that claim to be illuminated probably really are talking about Lucifer, who is supposed to be associated with bearing the light, but they think he is the source of light.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Christian Gnosticism - Hidden Esoteric Teachings of Jesus Banned by Catholic Church?

Post by Winston »

Playlist of a 5 part short video series called "Secret Quest" from a modern Gnostic Movement (www.gnosticmovement.com) introducing Gnosticism for newbies. The young brunette girl narrating it is very cute and looks very spiritual and wholesome, so different than typical modern American girls. I wish I could date someone like her. :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... onlX7zqyUf

Trailer:

Here is part 1:

To visit their website:

http://www.gnosticmovement.com

You can see more videos and instructional courses on their website at:

https://rememberingthegnosticmovement.com/video/

https://rememberingthegnosticmovement.c ... -gnostics/

Btw, if you look at all the people in the videos above, you will notice something I've said before, that all people who are into higher truth and higher consciousness and esoteric truth, are either WHITE or EAST INDIAN. You don't see any Orientals like Chinese, Japanese, Cantonese or Taiwanese into those things, they are only interested in making money and practical things. lol. Click here and you will see what I mean:

https://rememberingthegnosticmovement.com/video/

So you see, I was right. It's just a simple fact, not racist at all. Why does no one else but me have the guts to point out stuff like this? So weird. Why is it so hard to have guts to mention something so obviously openly? Why is everyone else so scared to point out anything like this? It's not racist or stereotyping, just truth, obvious and apparent truth and patterns. What is everyone's problem?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Christian Gnosticism & The Lost Gospels - Hidden Esoteric Teachings of Jesus Banned by the Early Church?

Post by Neo »

The Gnostic gospels are false, and are not consistent in doctrine with the real Bible. They try to imitate the Bible, but very soon after you start reading, if you know enough about the Bible, it becomes clear.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Christian Gnosticism & The Lost Gospels - Hidden Esoteric Teachings of Jesus Banned by the Early Church?

Post by Winston »

Neo wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 7:08 am
The Gnostic gospels are false, and are not consistent in doctrine with the real Bible. They try to imitate the Bible, but very soon after you start reading, if you know enough about the Bible, it becomes clear.
But they ring true with a lot of people. And the theology in them makes more sense than the standard Christian theology. You do know that the mainstream Christian theology makes no sense and contains countless contradictions right? Many critics of the Bible, not just atheists, have pointed that out, including great writers like Mark Twain, Thomas Paine, etc. Because Christianity makes no sense when taken literally, for many reasons that no Christian can refute. The Bible is certainly not infallible either - that's a modern American teaching that is only a century old, and not part of traditional Christianity even. Ask any European historian about that. The Christianity you were raised with is an AMERICAN invention and not the Christianity of the last 2000 years. In fact, for the first 75 percent of Church history, Christians did not even have any Bible to worship. They tried to find the God or Jesus within themselves, or through the Church.

My point is that since mainstream Christian theology, especially the one created by Paul, makes no sense at all and is full of contradictions that cannot be resolved, there is nothing wrong with looking at alternative forms of Christianity or spirituality, such as Gnosticism. Especially when Gnosticism makes more sense in some ways. It has an explanation why this world is unfair and is a prison planet of suffering. The orthodox Christian theology does not, except to claim that it's all because of the Fall in the Garden of Eden just because Adam and Eve ate the wrong fruit, which makes no sense, and must be metaphorical.

So you cannot claim that your religion is true either, anymore than Gnosticism can. Gnosticism makes more sense in many ways. It also does not contain a hateful judgmental God that sends people to hell either. It's also more fair in its treatment of women either. And acknowledges mother nature as a goddess or divine too. It also acknowledges reincarnation too, which is supported by many modern documented cases that cannot be dismissed. So in many ways, Gnosticism better fits reality than mainstream Christian theology does.

Something to consider and keep in mind.

You can't just reject something just because it doesn't fit your beliefs. That's closed minded and fundamentalist.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this Gnosticism documentary series made in Britain in 1987. It's very good and contains eloquent poetic diatribes and monologues. I can't believe they made a documentary about such a rare subject back then. Part 2 is about the Cathars, a Gnostic sect in medieval France that were massacred and wiped out for their "heresies" against the Catholic Church even though they were nonviolent vegetarians. Go figure. This documentary series also features a younger looking Elaine Pagels too, who is one of the foremost authors and academic experts on Gnosticism and the Lost Gospels.

Here is the playlist to all four parts.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... McvzXXCu8f

Here is part 1.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 7:34 am
Neo wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 7:08 am
But they ring true with a lot of people. And the theology in them makes more sense than the standard Christian theology. You do know that the mainstream Christian theology makes no sense and contains countless contradictions right? Many critics of the Bible, not just atheists, have pointed that out, including great writers like Mark Twain, Thomas Paine, etc. Because Christianity makes no sense when taken literally, for many reasons that no Christian can refute. The Bible is certainly not infallible either - that's a modern American teaching that is only a century old, and not part of traditional Christianity even. Ask any European historian about that. The Christianity you were raised with is an AMERICAN invention and not the Christianity of the last 2000 years. In fact, for the first 75 percent of Church history, Christians did not even have any Bible to worship. They tried to find the God or Jesus within themselves, or through the Church.

My point is that since mainstream Christian theology, especially the one created by Paul, makes no sense at all and is full of contradictions that cannot be resolved, there is nothing wrong with looking at alternative forms of Christianity or spirituality, such as Gnosticism. Especially when Gnosticism makes more sense in some ways. It has an explanation why this world is unfair and is a prison planet of suffering. The orthodox Christian theology does not, except to claim that it's all because of the Fall in the Garden of Eden just because Adam and Eve ate the wrong fruit, which makes no sense, and must be metaphorical.

So you cannot claim that your religion is true either, anymore than Gnosticism can. Gnosticism makes more sense in many ways. It also does not contain a hateful judgmental God that sends people to hell either. It's also more fair in its treatment of women either. And acknowledges mother nature as a goddess or divine too. It also acknowledges reincarnation too, which is supported by many modern documented cases that cannot be dismissed. So in many ways, Gnosticism better fits reality than mainstream Christian theology does.

Something to consider and keep in mind.

You can't just reject something just because it doesn't fit your beliefs. That's closed minded and fundamentalist.

If a person believes that Satan is the good guy, and that God is not, then Gnosticism may sound appropriate to them. A person who thinks God is hateful, when He is very merciful, is likely to accept Gnosticism.

If the Gnostic doctrine is inconsistent with Christianity, then a Christian must reject it.

As for the Bible not being available, it was restricted by the false church known as the Catholic Church. However, even the apostles of the time of Christ had access to the Old Testament. It is called the Septuagint.

As for people getting sent to hell, that is a personal choice. Accept Christ or reject Him. Really easy. Most people haven't figured out, that this life is not the final destination.
Last edited by Neo on January 10th, 2021, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 7:34 am
It has an explanation why this world is unfair and is a prison planet of suffering. The orthodox Christian theology does not, except to claim that it's all because of the Fall in the Garden of Eden just because Adam and Eve ate the wrong fruit, which makes no sense, and must be metaphorical.
The story informs us that man has the knowledge of good and the knowledge of evil. In other words, after that forbidden fruit was eaten, man was no longer locked in to only doing good. After that, humans have a choice, because they have the knowledge of both good and evil, and that is the choice. Will a person choose to do good and therefore be a good person? Or will they choose to do evil and therefore become an evil person?

There is salvation available to everyone. However, after a certain point, a person becomes reprobate if they continue on with evil. Because God finds the things that evil people do detestable, and He will not invite many of them to live with Him in the true life where the true riches and true glory are.

In essence, after the Fall, this life became a test to determine the character of every person born.
Last edited by Neo on January 10th, 2021, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Gnostic documents were written late and did not have the historical/traditional connection to the apostles that the books of the New Testament have.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Gnosticism & The Lost Gospels - Secret Esoteric Teachings of Jesus Banned by Early Church?

Post by Winston »

A short video on Gnostic Christianity made in Italy.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Gnosticism & The Lost Gospels - Secret Esoteric Teachings of Jesus Banned by Early Church?

Post by Winston »

A great two hour lecture on Gnosticism that is no-nonsense and easy to follow. The guy giving the presentation looks like a mystic sorcerer or wizard type. lol

Description:

THE GNOSTIC WORLDVIEW - A Lecture by LAURENCE CARUANA

This visual presentation of the Gnostic Worldview is given in three parts:
I. A Scholarly Introduction - Gnosticism in Context (2:19)
II. The Gnostic Myth of the Creation (42:55)
III. The Gnostic Saviour and the Soul Ascent (1:22:30)

Filmed at The Vienna Academy of Visionary Art on March 4th 2019, this lecture was given by Academy Director Laurence Caruana, author of several books with Gnostic themes. It is illustrated with works by Visionary artists, both classical (Blake, Michelangelo) and contemporary (Fuchs, Venosa, Alex Grey etc).

More information on L. Caruana's books:
https://www.amazon.com/L.-Caruana/e/B00 ... bau_000000

More information on The Vienna Academy of Visionary Art:
http://academyofvisionaryart.com

Comment:
Truthseeker1961
FINALLY...a clear, concise, understandable and actually interesting cursory history of Gnosticism that's not convoluted, confusing and 'all over the place' like everything else on YT regarding Gnosticism. Finally...thank you!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

College professor gives a long class like lecture on Esoteric Christianity.

Part 1

Part 2

Description:

Three presentations on the cosmic background of the Christ event leading to the experiences of the shepherds and kings at the birth, as well as the childhood and youth of Jesus up to the moment of Baptism.

Lecture by Brian Gray, former Director of the Foundation Program in Anthroposophy at Rudolf Steiner College, Fair Oaks, CA.

For more information about this or our other educational materials, please visit us at WiseCosmos.org.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The late great Terence McKenna talks about the early history of Gnosticism.

More info about Terence McKenna:

Terence Kemp McKenna was an author, lecturer, philosopher and shamanic explorer of the realm of psychedelic states.

He spoke and wrote about a variety of subjects, including metaphysics, alchemy, language, culture, technology, and the theoretical origins of human consciousness. He has been described by some as being "so far out, nobody knows what he's talking about", and by others as "the most innovative thinker of our times".

To shake us out of our perceptual torpor, McKenna played the holy fool, the crazy wisdom sage. He pushed our faces in the most exotic, lurid inventions of modern science and technology. What elevated him above most other prophets was that he delivered his prophesies with a wink, an implicit acknowledgement that ultimately reality is stranger than we CAN suppose.

McKenna’s métier was the spoken word — stand-up philosophy that meme-splices Alfred North Whitehead, Marshall McLuhan, James Joyce, William Blake and many others, delivered in a reedy, insinuating voice. Available throughout the Internet with titles like “Having Archaic and Eating it Too” and “Shedding the Monkey,” his lectures are tours de force of verbal virtuosity and pack-rat polymathy, leaping trippingly (in both senses of the word) from quantum mechanics to medieval alchemy, from the chaos theory of Ilya Prigogine to the neo-Platonism of Philo Judaeus.

And so, three books are essential to anyone who'd like to dive deeper into the life and mind of Terence McKenna:

True Hallucinations by Terence McKenna

The Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss by Dennis McKenna

Chaos, Creativity, and Cosmic Consciousness by Rupert Sheldrake, Terence McKenna, and Ralph Abraham

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Gnosticism & The Lost Gospels - Secret Esoteric Teachings of Jesus For Initiates Only?

Post by Winston »

For those who dont know what Gnosticism or mystery schools or esoteric religions are:

In ancient egypt there were secret societies with secret occult knowledge for students of esoteric truth who wanted special knowledgeable of the universe and metaphysics and mysticism. Not everyone could join, only initiates who qualify.

The freemasons and rosicrucians are modern versions of mystery schools.

So there are two types of religion. Exoteric religion for the masses of people and esoteric for the inner circle of initiates.

Supposedly Gnosticism is esoteric Christianity for initiates in Jesus inner circle, not for the masses.

Theosophy was developed in 1800s by a russian mystic named helena blavatsky. She combined all the religions with philosophy and science. She is known as the mother of the new age movement.

Things like law of attraction come from theosophy. However its controversial because some say the modern new age is a corruption of blavatskys original teachings that have been commercialized.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Gnosticism & The Lost Gospels - Secret Esoteric Teachings of Jesus For Initiates Only?

Post by Winston »

Ive been studying Gnosticism the last few days. I got a few questions.

1. First did Gnosticism come before orthodox Christianity or after? The Christian scholars say it originated in 2nd century so its not original Christianity. But gnostics say the original Jesus taught gnosticism. And that gnosticism goes back to Plato. Whats the truth? Im confused. Are the roots of Gnosticism ancient? Or did it begin in 2nd century in Alexandria?

2. Why do Christian truthers like Fritz Springmeier claim that the illuminati and freemasons are gnostics? None of the gnostic gospels or scriptures glorify evil or advocate a one world orwellian government or starting senseless world wars or enslaving people with debt and servitude, etc. So i dont get it. It seems that the christian view of gnosticism is upside down. Dont they know that?

3. Why is both Lucifer and Jesus described as the morning star in the bible? Does that mean they are the same person or connected? Could jesus be the serpent that tried to liberate adam and eve from ignorance and enslavement? This is all very confusing.

However since the OT God was clearly a dictator and control freak and vengeful and demanded obedience without question, it stands to say that anyone opposing that including a serpent may have had good intentions right? So it is possible that the serpent was the good guy right? Theres some logic to that. Especially given the next question.

4. Have u heard of Marcion Christianity? It was condemned by the early fathers and stamped out. It was similar to Gnosticism in that it said that the God that sent Jesus could not be the same God of the OT. This is blasphemy but makes a lot of sense when u look at it. Clearly Jesus had a very different personality than the OT God and said many things that contradicted what the OT God said. The same God could not do that. So the teaching of orthodox Christianity that Jesus was the God of the OT doesnt add up. Christians merely force fit them together but they clearly dont fit together when analyzed honestly.

Alex believes this too, that the OT God was not the God of Jesus. And Kelly thinks the OT God was an annunaki god.

5. Was Paul a Gnostic or did he corrupt Christianity? There seems to be a case for both views.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 1:38 am
For those who dont know what Gnosticism or mystery schools or esoteric religions are:

In ancient egypt there were secret societies with secret occult knowledge for students of esoteric truth who wanted special knowledgeable of the universe and metaphysics and mysticism. Not everyone could join, only initiates who qualify.

The freemasons and rosicrucians are modern versions of mystery schools.

So there are two types of religion. Exoteric religion for the masses of people and esoteric for the inner circle of initiates.

Supposedly Gnosticism is esoteric Christianity for initiates in Jesus inner circle, not for the masses.

Theosophy was developed in 1800s by a russian mystic named helena blavatsky. She combined all the religions with philosophy and science. She is known as the mother of the new age movement.

Things like law of attraction come from theosophy. However its controversial because some say the modern new age is a corruption of blavatskys original teachings that have been commercialized.
Almost by definition a secret thing should not become commonly known by outsiders as has been stated that outsiders would know secrets of insiders here.

Also, why would God reveal secrets to those who don't believe He died for their sins or who doubt He even is God or who don't believe His word?

Freemasonry doesn't accept Jesus. If you look closely at the text of Freemasonry, they name their god, and it is not the Creator.

You have no idea what the purpose of inventing new religions is?

Any religion other than Christianity is a diversion.