The Rise and Fall of Christian Culture

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

The Rise and Fall of Christian Culture

Post by fschmidt »

http://www.mikraite.org/The-Rise-and-Fa ... tp102.html

After months of trying to figure out what caused Christian culture to rise and fall, I think I finally have the answer. Anyone interested in this question can read my post and comment here.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Christianity to me just means being a duped idiot.
Time to Hide!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

The decline of Christian culture in the United States is one reason for its decline as a nation...God blessed the USA with bountiful natural resources, beautiful landscapes, and great strategic location in the world (isolated between two large oceans). But Americans have largely turned away from God and is now beginning to face the wrath of God and his judgement on the country...
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

zboy1 wrote:The decline of Christian culture in the United States is one reason for its decline as a nation...God blessed the USA with bountiful natural resources, beautiful landscapes, and great strategic location in the world (isolated between two large oceans). But Americans have largely turned away from God and is now beginning to face the wrath of God and his judgement on the country...
I agree. Every culture and civilization that turned away from morals and tradition has collapsed. America doesn't have a bright future.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

And the most religious countries today are shitholes.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Mr.Darcy wrote:And the most religious countries today are shitholes.

Not only that, what morals are they taking about. This country has been nothing but lawless since it's inception and the founding documents and their true meaning have been shredded since the beginning.
Last edited by Moretorque on August 11th, 2013, 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

zboy1 wrote:The decline of Christian culture in the United States is one reason for its decline as a nation...God blessed the USA with bountiful natural resources, beautiful landscapes, and great strategic location in the world (isolated between two large oceans). But Americans have largely turned away from God and is now beginning to face the wrath of God and his judgement on the country...
Duped and programmed by the state.
Time to Hide!
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Christianity has had its ups and downs for 2000 years. I am skeptical that there isn't going to be another revival. They are pretty good at reinventing themselves. Also, the existential problems have not gone away and they are not addressed by atheism. Most of the other religions are even in worse states - Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism. Blaming Finney for the Modern world is over the top wacky. Like the European Intellectual Jews who set the intellectual framework for the 1960s had nothing to do with it. I do recommend reading Finney though - I studied him many years ago. He was a rationalist and believed people could use reason to accept Christianity.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrPeabody wrote:Blaming Finney for the Modern world is over the top wacky. Like the European Intellectual Jews who set the intellectual framework for the 1960s had nothing to do with it.
You really think the problems started in the 1960s? That's absurd. When women were given the vote in 1920, it was all over. And the 1920s were a pretty decadent decade. I explained why I blame Finney. Tell me what is wrong with my logic. And tell me where you think the problems started.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Women voting / Christian Temperance and the 1960s Communist Feminism of Betty Friedan are not related. There is no comparison between women who were fighting alcohol because it destroyed marriages and the 1960s Feminism whose aim is to destroy marriage. The one was trying to save marriage and the other to destroy it. Christian Temperance vs. Atheistic , Communist Feminism. The connection only exists in your mind. Before the 60s traditional society was working just fine. The 1960s leftism was a foreign element injected into society. Women were not hostile to men pre 1960s. You have an agenda to somehow link feminism to Christian culture and divert attention from the Jewish intellectual framework of 1960s leftism, including feminism.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

The Christian Temperance movement was the pecurser to modern feminism. How exactly did alcohol destroy marriages? I think the divorce rate was quite low back then. Women didn't like alcohol because they didn't want their husbands going out drinking with their buddies. It was just a typical move by women to control men.

Go to Google Images and google the following: "women 1900s", "women 1910s", and "women 1920s". Then tell me you don't see a problem in the 1920s.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

fschmidt wrote:The Christian Temperance movement was the pecurser to modern feminism. How exactly did alcohol destroy marriages? I think the divorce rate was quite low back then. Women didn't like alcohol because they didn't want their husbands going out drinking with their buddies. It was just a typical move by women to control men.

Go to Google Images and google the following: "women 1900s", "women 1910s", and "women 1920s". Then tell me you don't see a problem in the 1920s.
Apparently, with all of your vast learning, you aren't aware of alcoholism or the effects it has on marriage. You can do your own independent research.

Women 1920s

Women post 1960s after injection of 60s Feminism

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 6th, 2020, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Ghost wrote:Milton tried to justify the ways of God to man. That fails because most humans are irrational. Perhaps that is why religion on the surface appears to be about dogmas that are not to be questioned: most humans are too stupid to rationally understand why things must be a certain way. (Such as why one should not envy, or why girls should be virgins at marriage, or why men should not f**k the wives of other men.)

I would like to be part of a religion, but it is important to me that those involved must be rational and moral. If they are too stupid, then they can easily be corrupted. If they are moral already but not intelligent, that makes it easy for them to be corrupted.
Don't these 2 paragraphs contradict each other? I agree with the first one. Given that people, on average, aren't very bright, religion works like this: It is a group with rules. God is the head of the group, and being virtual, He cannot be corrupted. Those in the group who are corrupted leave or are forced to leave. The membership is defined by those who adhere to the values, rather than the values being defined by the changing fancies of the members. To keep things on track, a guidebook is used called The Bible.
Finding such like-minded men is really only possible on the internet.
How many have you found? Since I can't find enough to form even a small group, I will just settle for the real life group closest to my views, namely the Karaite Jews.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Women 1900s

Women 1910s

Women 1920s

case closed