Do you ever get mad at people from your own faith?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Do you ever get mad at people from your own faith?

Post by zacb »

Personally, I am Quaker, and don't live in a town that has a Quaker church, but I do interact with other Christians. I personally lean towards that denomination since it is more decentralized than most. Anyways back to the main point. I kind of get peeved off at my fellow travelers, who say that I will find the right one, and you shouldn't blow some steam, and shouldn't consider alternative options. Then you try explaining your situation. Look, I understand if I had options that blowing steam would be detrimental, but they don't understand! They say it will be fine, but what are they thinking? When was the last time they were in the dating pool? And when you try to take their advice, and try and date a "church" girl, they either are already taken, are bitchy as hell, or turn into the flakiest flake. You can't win with these people. That is why I don't identify with most mainline denominations.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

No, because I am the only member.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

I'm curious I thought on the scale of things Quakers were among the more open of Christian denominations with an open to all communion. They don't make you prove baptisms nor make you appear before a Bishop should you want to marry someone outside of the chosen tribe. If you are saying follow travellers won't tell you its okay to fornicate with an outsider, well it is more mainstream then say the Amish, who tells it members to try stuff before they become official full fledged members and fall under the authority of the church elders.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 6th, 2013, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I'm curious I thought on the scale of things Quakers were among the more open of Christian denominations with an open to all communion. They don't make you prove baptisms nor make you appear before a Bishop should you want to marry someone outside of the chosen tribe. If you are saying follow travellers won't tell you its okay to fornicate with an outsider, well it is more mainstream then say the Amish, who tells it members to try stuff before they become official full fledged members and fall under the authority of the church elders.
I was just saying Christians in general, not Quakers. Like I said, there is no meeting around where I live, so I go to different denominations, and I don't like what I see.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com