Why does God allow evil, suffering, injustice to exist, and bad things to happen to good people?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why would God allow evil, suffering, injustice to exist?

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
April 21st, 2011, 1:43 am
Hi all,
Here is part of an essay debunking and exposing Christianity that I'm working on. Let me know what you think.

---------------------------------------------

Here is something inescapable. It is a valid and logical argument that Atheists and Anti-Christian writers (e.g. Thomas Pain, Robert Ingersoll, Bertrand Russell) have used throughout history that Christians and theists have never been able to debunk or explain away logically.

Now, we all know that there are billions of people suffering in the world, most of whom are innocent, both now and throughout history.
That's an erroneous assumption. Every person is a sinner. It is just a matter of how deep. How are they sinners? Because they are not God and when Adam committed sin, we all became sinners. That's hard to believe but that's how it is. If you can't accept that people are inherently sinful then you may believe that you're a god.
And we all know that evil sociopaths often go unpunished and attain positions of power more often than good people do (since power attracts evil rather than good). Therefore, it is logically impossible for there to be a God who is both all-powerful and all-good, as the Christians claim, and yet allows all this to be so. Logically, such a deity would not allow the suffering of billions of innocent people throughout history, nor allow evil sociopaths to constantly attain the majority of positions of power and go unpunished (while the good die young). There is no escape from this dilemma.
That's limited perception and understanding. Sociopaths will be punished with hell. The sociopaths themselves even think they are getting away with their evil deeds, until they hit that lava flow of brimstone and the prison cell after death. They can't see it now, so they don't believe it. However it is true.
To put this in perspective:

1) Billions of innocent people are suffering in the world, both now and throughout history.
2) Evil is allowed to exist, run rampant, and attain positions of power in the majority of cases, more often than good virtuous people do.
3) God is all-powerful and all-good, yet allows #1 and #2 to exist, both now and throughout history.
Every person is a sinner and unless they believe in Christ they are going to eternal punishment for it. Evil exists because Adam brought sin into the world by his choice to commit sin, which destroyed the perfection of this creation. God will turn things around for good, but for believers who trust in Him, who will each be rewarded with eternal life for their ability to believe despite the world doing its best to convince them that God is not real or true.
All three of the above CANNOT logically co-exist at the same time. The only logical possibilities are:

1) God is not that powerful and is unable to eliminate evil. (if so, then how did he create the whole universe?)
2) God is evil, or a mixture of both good and evil.
3) God doesn't exist.
4) God doesn't care or he doesn't have the time or energy or will to do anything about it.
5) God is nothing like what you think he is, or is something beyond your comprehension.
6) God lets suffering and evil exist for reasons beyond your comprehension, and/or does not have the same morals that you do. Thus he does not do what you would do if you were him.
7) God needs to allow both good and evil to exist for the universe to exist, because all things are defined by their opposite and cannot exist without it, as depicted in the Chinese ying yang symbol.
Blasphemy and disrespecting the Lord Himself with spoken words against Him. Someone believes God is not omnipotent and divine? Someone believes God is evil? God is not real? I won't bother asking who then was powerful enough to make creation, because I already know, these people who hate God prefer to think aliens and some goo made creation and humanity. Too bad for them.
The standard Christian explanation for the above makes no sense at all and is a ridiculous cop-out:

"God allows evil and suffering to exist in the world because Man chose to Sin in the Garden of Eden. God gave Man freewill, and Mankind chose Sin. Hence death, pain, decay and evil entered into the world. God is 100 percent just and righteous, so all this is Mankind's fault, not God's. It says so in the Bible."

I'm sorry but these are mere words and just do not cut it. They make ZERO SENSE and the implications of it are 100 percent ridiculous too. Anyone who takes such an explanation seriously must either be completely insane and lost his marbles, or is completely brainwashed and mind-controlled, in order to accept something that makes zero sense as Gospel Truth.
I don't know why some people can't believe that, since God is pure and made a perfect creation that He wouldn't want any sin in it whatsoever because He hates sin and loves purity. If man was created with free will and then brought impurity into the world, then it does make sense that the whole world then will be impure.

Never fear though, God will recreate the world for all those who believe in Christ. And they will inherit an eternal kingdom without sin, just as it was for Adam. This time there will be no sin, because the choice to live again without sin was made when God imputed eternal righteousness onto them through their free will choice to believe in Christ in this life. Their free will choice for life and to avoid sin for the next life is made in this life. Too bad for those people who refused to believe in Christ.
What the standard Christian explanation implies is that:

"A good and all-knowing God allowed billions of people throughout history to suffer, die, and go to hell (if they died unsaved) simply because two naive people named Adam and Eve took a bite of the fruit of a forbidden tree in the Garden of Eden. In other words, one little mistake (or bite) caused a lifetime and eternity of pain for billions of people, and deservedly so, which all-wise and all-good God allowed."
God will not allow people to go to hell unless they either chose to commit deep amounts of sin in this life, or if they refused to believe in His Son. Now for example, take a murderer. If a person chooses to become a murderer, it is possible that God is so disgusted with that person that God would not bother trying to draw that person. However there are some people who God has attempted to save, but those people refused to believe it and chose sin over the prospect of believing in His Son. Whoops.

God is able to save anyone He wants. He is not willing that anyone should go to hell, except those who do not want Him.
Um excuse me, but even if I were on crack, I wouldn't buy such an insane explanation. I'd sooner believe that Santa Claus visits every home in the world in one night on Christmas Eve than that! Come on now. Gimme a break. Get real! I mean, I know you don't have to be intelligent to be a Christian, but really... Anyhow, that's their version of reality, which they take seriously, believe it or not.
Some people are wise in their own eyes and conceit. Too bad for them, they may miss out on eternal life, because they lack humility.
Not only is this explanation 1000 percent insane, but it is 1000 percent UNJUST as well. I mean, what kind of a parent would allow their children to suffer pain and death (not to mention damnation) as a consequence of taking a bite out of a fruit that you told them not to touch? It doesn't make any sense! Wouldn't such a parent be the most evil and sociopathic parent in the world? (Yet a God who is 100 percent perfect and righteous would do that?!) There is no escaping that. There is no way in hell (pardon the pun) that one little mistake could be worth a lifetime or eternity of pain. No way. No Christian in the world could justify that. It is completely unjustifiable, insane, nonsensical, and there is no logical reason to believe it either.
If a person has chosen sin to the point where they hate God passionately, it might make sense to blaspheme Him in such a way.

Salvation is really quite simple: believe in Christ and you're saved. It says it right in the Bible. However, for many people believing to get saved is too hard for them. God has already done all the work as Christ to save us from our own sins and our destruction. Yet they think God is cruel?
Yet Christians take this explanation seriously?! And they believe in a 100 percent righteous and just God too?! WTF?! This is nothing short of pure and total mind control. No question about it.
What many of the unbelievers who call God evil don't know is, this kind of blasphemy is a terrible insult to God. Calling God evil is one of the worst sins imaginable. And these people say these things without fear or trembling. Poor souls.
Besides, how do they know that God is 100 percent righteous and just? Because the Bible says so? And that alone makes it true?! Gee, what low standards. I mean, how do they know that Satan isn't the good guy and God the bad guy? They don't! All they can do is believe whatever someone TELLS them, and labels the rest as "lies of Satan". But life teaches us that things are not always what they seem, life teaches us. They simply take it on faith, that the Bible is all true because it is, and that's that. It's the weakest logic of all.
Anyone who says anything like this, turning reality upside down, calling or insinuating that God is evil and that Satan is the just and righteous god, has truly lost his way. In essence, these people are saying they'd rather go with Satan and take his plan of destruction, rather than go with God and take His plan of salvation. That may be because some people find evil more pleasurable than good, and cling to evil as if it were the glory and source of their life, rather than Christ, who is life itself.
Also, why does Lucifer/Satan wanting a little freedom when he was an angel of God make him 100 percent evil? Teenagers naturally want some freedom from their parents too, but does that make them 100 percent evil and demonic? You see how nonsensical all of this is? Nothing in the Christian fundamentalist version of reality makes the slightest bit of sense...
Freedom to deceive Eve so that Satan could receive delight by destroying them? And so that Satan could be worshiped as God by those who Satan deceives? And so that almost all of humanity goes to hell for doing so? Is this freedom?
Plus, if I were an all-knowing God and knew BEFORE I created the world that the majority of the people on Earth would suffer through life and end up in the eternal torment of hell afterward (since most people do not become Christians in their lifetime), I would certainly not create such a world. No sane person would create something knowing in advance that the bad that would come out of it would far exceed the good. No sane person would go through with that, let alone an all-wise God. Think about it: If you knew before setting up a business that you'd incur a loss of $75,000 and reap only $25,000 in profit (based on 1/4 of the world's population claiming to be Christians), would you go through with it? Get real.
Actually since every person receives free will, it is a good way to separate those who want God from those who want death. If a person actually wants God, they will find God. The true God. Because He wants those who want Him. He also wants those who do good.

However, He doesn't want those who love evil or who love Satan, after a certain point (because everyone does some evil). But those who love that evil more than the prospect of eternal life, righteousness, peace or humility to God, well if they refuse Him, they've made their choice.

Everyone's free will choice is what determines their fate. Everyone must make their own choice. Do they want God and eternal life? Or do they want sin and death for eternity? Because if anyone refuses God because they love sin, then if they keep refusing God's outstretched hand, they are cutting off their souls from salvation and eternal life, and Christ will not cover their sins.
So you see, nothing about the Christian version of reality makes any sense at all, in any way at all, once you look at it with a clear mind free of fear and mind control. There are way too many irresolvable problems with it.
It does make sense, if your heart is able to accept it. A person must be humble, not conceited thinking they know what God should be doing, thinking they are wiser than God. A person should not trust in the lies of Satan.
In fact, many ex-Christians report in their deconversion testimonials that while they were believers, such logical impossibilities and unresolvable questions as the above, kept entering their minds from time to time. But since they could not be satisfactorily explained away, they had to be mentally filed away on a mental shelf labeled "Unresolvable". However, eventually, such unresolvable questions accumulated until they became too heavy to ignore and deny any longer. At some point, their "mental shelf" simply broke and they could no longer live in denial anymore. It was only then, that the mind control imposed on them by Christianity broke down, and they were finally set free from it.
There are many Christians who think they are saved but are not; who miss the narrow way, but instead are worshipers of Mary or dead saints and statues or the pope or some other diversion. Their testimony doesn't mean much except that they never received any knowledge.
(One great example of this is my friend Darryl Sloan, an aware skeptic, freethinker and author who described many such logical impossibilities in Christianity in his YouTube videos, which you can see at http://www.youtube.com/darrylsloan. And my own Christian deconversion story is at http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Christian_Story.htm)

So why do Christians believe such extreme things then? If you ask them about it, their mind-controlled condition will become very apparent, as they say things like "Because God says so in his word, the Bible, which is his revelation to us" and "Because it's true, and truth is self-apparent once you've woken up to it" etc. However, the same could be said about any religion or belief system. So what makes theirs any truer than others? In short, they believe it because they were TOLD TO BELIEVE IT, but they don't really realize that. They simply think "The truth is the truth, and that's that" so they do not question it (nor are they taught to) and do not think freely for themselves either. Their reasoning is 100 percent circular, and besides that, their beliefs do not even have a valid INITIAL FOUNDATIONAL BASIS either (which doesn't cross their mind).
Is it so hard to believe that once a person recognizes that God really is God, that that person would then accept God's Word as true? Too bad for rebels, they may never see the reality of God through His Word.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why would God allow evil, suffering, injustice?

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
January 25th, 2018, 2:28 am
Winston wrote:
January 24th, 2018, 9:32 pm
If anyone has struggled with the issue of why God allows bad things happen to good people, there is a good book about it that I read before called "When Bad Things Happen To Good People" by Rabbi Harold Kushner. You can download it here:....
So his argument is that God is not omnipotent followed by common sense realism. Not particularly impressive. That is consistent with the Old Testament but not terribly helpful. A better one would be that things that happen are part of a multi-lifetime plan for us to learn stuff. Maybe I can write a book and make millions.
Well yes sort of. It may not be impressive. But it is a possibility. All we can do is speculate when it comes to timeless eternal questions like this. I have my own theories too, but they won't be popular. Do you have any? No the OT does not say that God is limited in what he can do. And the explanation you gave was mentioned in the book, but the problem is, that explanation is not accepted by a lot of sufferers who are asking "Why God?" so Kushner had to find another answer. Of course anyone can say "It's all part of God's plan" but that's a dissatisfying answer, that's why the book was written. You can't just give a cliched answer that everyone else gives and make millions from it. You gotta come up with something new.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Adama, @MrMan, check out this funny Atheist cartoon where a group of Atheists go to heaven and ask God hard questions about suffering that he can't answer. lol. It's hilarious. How would you answer those questions if you were God?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama,
Check out this funny Atheist cartoon where the Christian God meets his maker or creator, and gets a dose of his own medicine. It's hilarious and a great work of satire and shows how absurd the logic is behind the fundamentalist Christian gospel. What do you think? Doesn't it expose the illogical nature of your beliefs?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A good book to read for those interested in the book of Job and the issue of why good people suffer. By Harold Kushner, the same author of "When Bad Things Happen To Good People". Link to torrent below.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/821892 ... ..._(2012)

"Harold S. Kushner, The Book of Job: When Bad Things Happened to a Good Person. Schocken Books, 2012.

ISBN 9780805242928 | 224 pages | ePub

From one of our most trusted spiritual advisers, a thoughtful, illuminating guide to that most fascinating of biblical texts, the book of Job, and what it can teach us about living in a troubled world.

The story of Job is one of unjust things happening to a good man. Yet after losing everything, Job -- though confused, angry, and questioning God -- refuses to reject his faith, although he challenges some central aspects of it. Rabbi Harold S. Kushner examines the questions raised by Job's experience, questions that have challenged wisdom seekers and worshippers for centuries. What kind of God permits such bad things to happen to good people? Why does God test loyal followers? Can a truly good God be all-powerful?

Rooted in the text, the critical tradition that surrounds it, and the author’s own profoundly moral thinking, Kushner’s study gives us the book of Job as a touchstone for our time. Taking lessons from historical and personal tragedy, Kushner teaches us about what can and cannot be controlled, about the power of faith when all seems dark, and about our ability to find God."

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why does God allow evil, suffering, injustice to exist?

Post by Adama »

Winston, don't you know that God is our Creator? Our lives are literally in His hand. He can literally destroy anyone at any time. Is it wise to mock the man who literally has your soul in the palm of His hand? Blaspheming and insulting God is among the worst things a person could do. It should not be surprising, however, to learn that a person who thinks Satan is good, and who implies that God is not good, also thinks that mocking and laughing at God is okay. Poor Winston.

Do you also not know that the sins of the father can be added to their children? I would be careful. A man's family can be destroyed for many generations by his sin.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
January 25th, 2018, 10:06 pm
A good book to read for those interested in the book of Job and the issue of why good people suffer. By Harold Kushner, the same author of "When Bad Things Happen To Good People". Link to torrent below.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/821892 ... ..._(2012)

"Harold S. Kushner, The Book of Job: When Bad Things Happened to a Good Person. Schocken Books, 2012.

ISBN 9780805242928 | 224 pages | ePub

From one of our most trusted spiritual advisers, a thoughtful, illuminating guide to that most fascinating of biblical texts, the book of Job, and what it can teach us about living in a troubled world.

The story of Job is one of unjust things happening to a good man. Yet after losing everything, Job -- though confused, angry, and questioning God -- refuses to reject his faith, although he challenges some central aspects of it. Rabbi Harold S. Kushner examines the questions raised by Job's experience, questions that have challenged wisdom seekers and worshippers for centuries. What kind of God permits such bad things to happen to good people? Why does God test loyal followers? Can a truly good God be all-powerful?

Rooted in the text, the critical tradition that surrounds it, and the author’s own profoundly moral thinking, Kushner’s study gives us the book of Job as a touchstone for our time. Taking lessons from historical and personal tragedy, Kushner teaches us about what can and cannot be controlled, about the power of faith when all seems dark, and about our ability to find God."
Jews have a veil over their eyes concerning the whole Bible. They can't see the truth. Why would I listen to anything they have to say? Anyone who denies Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is a liar.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Adama wrote:
January 26th, 2018, 6:22 am
Jews have a veil over their eyes concerning the whole Bible. They can't see the truth. Why would I listen to anything they have to say? Anyone who denies Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is a liar.
Blindness in part is happened to Israel until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. There are Jews who believe in Jesus. The New Testament was written primarily by Jews who believed in Jesus.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I would not listen to a Jew on anything Biblical.

An unsaved person has no understanding of the things of the Bible. In order to truly understand the Bible, a person needs to have the Holy Ghost dwelling inside them. Unsaved persons do not have the Holy Ghost dwelling inside them. Therefore their understanding of the Bible is darkened.

A saved Jew is a Christian.
The genealogies of Jews is irrelevant because God told us not to bother with such genealogies, but also, because it doesn't matter. God is able to make stones into the children of Abraham. A man's genes do not mean anything according to the faith.

Anyone who denies that Jesus is the Messiah is a liar, by definition. The Jews are among the chief of these people who deny Christ. Therefore we know that a person who describes himself as a Jew according to faith is a liar by definition. They've denied Christ.

Any Jew who truly believes in Christ is a Christian. According to the genes they may call themselves Jews. However, genes are irrelevant. Just as a German who believes in Christ is a Christian, and an Italian who believes in Christ is a Christian. A genetic Jew who believes in Christ is Christian.

I would not trust anyone who calls himself a rabbi. Christ specifically gave instructions for men not to call themselves by this title.

Modern Jews (according to religion) by their own admission are of the Pharisees. Too bad for them. This is one of the sects of Jews that persecuted Jesus.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

As for rabbis, teachers and masters, anyone who is a teacher will receive the greater condemnation. Those who preach lies will have to answer for their words. That is why I would not become a pastor, teacher or a rabbi or even a professor. These people who are teachers, if they are teaching the wrong thing, may be in trouble. They are able to control the minds and therefore influence the behavior, beliefs and destinies of other people. It is not good to be a professor (especially a professor because, a prating fool shall fall, and professing themselves to be wise they became fools).

Many professors are fools who teach foolishness. Just like the feminists who teach women it is okay to rebel against their husbands and against God.
TheLight954
Freshman Poster

Post by TheLight954 »

Another question: If God exists, why did he create so many useless planets inhospitable to life? Or do they contain life, just not the form that we know of(with the standard ATCG DNA model and water as the essential nutrient)?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

TheLight954 wrote:
January 27th, 2018, 1:55 pm
Another question: If God exists, why did he create so many useless planets inhospitable to life? Or do they contain life, just not the form that we know of(with the standard ATCG DNA model and water as the essential nutrient)?
My suggestion would be for a man to read chapter one of Genesis over and over until he comes to the realization of what God has actually made. There are things that mankind has been taught are real, and then there are things which God actually made.

A man needs go no further than Genesis 1:1 to see what God actually made. Men tell stories. The Bible says what God has actually done.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TheLight954 wrote:
That's a good question. I asked the same question when I was a teen and called into a Christian radio program. The answer I think was that God created all the stars, planets and galaxies to show his glory and marvelous creation. That's all. Also perhaps for the stars to mark the seasons and help navigators on ocean ships to find their way.

However, some like Adama believe that the whole outer space thing may be a hoax, and that the planets don't exist and that the stars are just points in the sky, not other suns like our own sun. I know that might sound crazy, but Adama has a point. We can't know if stars are other suns or if planets exist because we cannot go there and verify this. All we have is NASA's word and their mathematical calculations. However, numbers can easily be falsified or manipulated to get anything. Also the planets shown in astronomy photos and videos do sort of look like CGI and could easily be faked. Furthermore, there is not even any real proof that the Earth is moving at all, which Einstein admitted, and there is evidence against it moving too. So it's all pretty specious. If you think about it, everything we know about astronomy and outer space is taken on faith and cannot be verified or checked out. So Adama could be right. We simply can't know either way.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
January 30th, 2018, 3:22 pm
TheLight954 wrote:
That's a good question. I asked the same question when I was a teen and called into a Christian radio program. The answer I think was that God created all the stars, planets and galaxies to show his glory and marvelous creation. That's all. Also perhaps for the stars to mark the seasons and help navigators on ocean ships to find their way.
This is true. The stars garnish the heavens.
Winston wrote:
January 30th, 2018, 3:22 pm
However, some like Adama believe that the whole outer space thing may be a hoax, and that the planets don't exist and that the stars are just points in the sky, not other suns like our own sun. I know that might sound crazy, but Adama has a point. We can't know if stars are other suns or if planets exist because we cannot go there and verify this. All we have is NASA's word and their mathematical calculations. However, numbers can easily be falsified or manipulated to get anything. Also the planets shown in astronomy photos and videos do sort of look like CGI and could easily be faked. Furthermore, there is not even any real proof that the Earth is moving at all, which Einstein admitted, and there is evidence against it moving too. So it's all pretty specious. If you think about it, everything we know about astronomy and outer space is taken on faith and cannot be verified or checked out. So Adama could be right. We simply can't know either way.
May be?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why does God allow evil, suffering, injustice to exist, and bad things to happen to good people?

Post by Winston »

Here is a page from a Hare Krishna website about why bad things happen to good people. Hare Krishna is a Hindu type of movement, popular with hippies and Indians and Hindus. The Beatles were involved in it too. Some may call it a cult, but if so, it's a very benign cult that does not try to control people or preach any dogmas.

http://www.iskcon.org/why-bad-things-ha ... od-people/
Why bad things happen to good people?

Imagine watching a movie mid-way. In the movie, a seemingly innocent man is playing with his kids and then some policemen knock at his door and arrest him. You may think this is so horrible “ Why did this happen he doesn’t deserve it ! ” But having come while movie was in progress, you may not have not witnessed what already happened. May be the man committed some fraud ,some scam or conspired a murder.
So, based on superficial appearances, one might say, “Oh, he was such nice father. Why did he have to suffer so?” But there were things that the man did that led to him being arrested that we are unaware of.
Similarly, in our lives when we see so much injustice and evil around us, most of us wonder why God is silent. Why me! What did I do to deserve this?” And why doesn’t He do anything about it? Most of these questions can be answered by the law of Karma.

Although people know about it, the intricacies of karma are difficult to appreciate.The word karma is a Sanskrit term that means, action, or activity, but also conveys , that for every action there is a reaction. In classical physics there is a similar idea: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Whatever we do in the material realm creates a reaction. “As you sow, so shall you reap.” The sacred texts explains that there is a great chain of cause and effect, of actions and reactions, and that the intricacies of action and reaction are difficult to comprehend.

In general, the reaction for a good deed is material enjoyment and the reaction to a sinful activity is distress. As the karmic record, cannot be black or white but have million shades of gray, therefore everyone suffers a combination of pleasure and pain.

Karma thus locks us up in a cycle of action and subsequent reaction. Some which are about and some we are not like the analogy of the movie. As long as we are in this cycle, we will experience both happiness and distress. Even if we act in a pious way, we destine ourselves to accept another material body at death to enjoy the reactions to our materially good actions. As long as we accept a material body we can not avoid the miseries of disease, old age, and death.

Seeing through spiritual standpoint and principles of reincarnation, we can see life with a broader perspective – not of one brief lifetime, which is nothing more than a flash in time, but from the standpoint of eternity. With this broader vision we can understand how each of us individual souls is alone responsible for what happens in our life.