Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

From New Age to Jesus - Christian Testimonies

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: From New Age to Jesus - Touching Testimonies

Post by Adama » January 20th, 2018, 12:56 am

Winston wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 11:57 pm
Adama wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 1:06 am
Winston wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 4:15 am
I posted this to him in the comments section:

"Steven, very touching testimony. I'll share it with my forum. But how do you explain the testimonies of the reverse - where people convert from Christianity to New Age or other religions? They are also honest people in search of truth too. I have written such a testimony as well, which even Christians say is very touching. I invite you to read it and let me know what you think. Here's the link: http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Christian_Story.htm "

I just read the first few huge paragraphs of your story again.

Why would you think it was your fault if someone refuses Christ? I think you took too much upon yourself. It isn't you doing the saving. It is God, but also, if they don't want it, it wouldn't be your fault. It is their fault for refusing the truth.

why would you blame yourself?

I also think you may not have been teaching the true gospel, which can't get anyone saved anyhow. Why do I think that? Because of a fundamental lack of understanding which I see.

Also, what does missing out on a cute girl at age 15 have to do with anything?

So these two events shaped your life? Along with friends departing?

I think you set your heart in the wrong place. It seems to me as if you set your heart on having an abundance of friends. Nothing wrong with having friends, but what do people have to do with your happiness? People are going to disappoint you. Read Jeremiah 9. TRUST YE NOT IN ANY BROTHER: FOR EVERY BROTHER WILL UTTERLY SUPPLANT, AND EVERY NEIGHBOR WILL WALK WITH SLANDERS.

This whole earth is full with bad people. That's their choice, not God's.

And also, it seems like nothing truly bad happened to you up to that point.
Because I felt like if I could be loving and holy and pure like Christ, then they would convert. So I wasn't living up to my full potential. It's not just about telling people about Jesus. You have to live like Christ and set an example. It was too high a standard to fulfill. So I felt inadequate and responsible for people going to hell. Especially my family.

Why would I lack understanding of the Christian gospel or be teaching the wrong one by Christian standards? Christianity is not rocket science. It's dumbed down for the average layman. You know the drill: "You are a sinner. You need a savior for your sins. Believe in Jesus and you will be saved." Etc. It's very simple and elementary. We've all heard it. What are you getting at? What's more complicated than that? The gospel is very simple and not complex at all. It's not a theological seminary.

Not quite, Winston. I have seen you on this forum post that salvation comes by "loving your brother as yourself", and that salvation is not by faith or belief, but through acts of love. And now you say that it is only by belief? Something is going on here, Winston.

I've also seen you dispute the faith alone / belief alone doctrine, stating that only the Book of John says it clearly, and that others of the four gospels do not emphasize belief.

But now you tell me you understand that all a man needs to do to be saved is believe? And now you say you were preaching that salvation is by faith alone? When you were contending against the faith alone doctrine on this very forum for years that I have read?

And yes, the salvation doctrine is simple and easy, because God wants everyone to have eternal life. It is not "dumbed down", which may be blasphemy in itself.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 20th, 2018, 1:14 am

These testimonies are from those who went from Atheism to New Age and then to Jesus. Wow a three step conversion. lol

Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

See my HA Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 20th, 2018, 1:32 am

Adama,
Geez man. At least I'm not an atheist. Why don't you compliment that or applaud that? Geez. You are asking for too much. It's already great that I believe in God and acknowledge that Christianity has some real power to change lives and create answered prayers and miracles. That's more than you can say for most. Come on. Today most western men tend to be atheists. At least I'm not as dumb as them. Don't you appreciate that?

I think if someone believes in God and does good things and has decent morals, honor and integrity, that's enough. That's more than you can say for most modern Americans. If I were God I would be glad about that. It's plenty and reasonable.

But that's not enough for you. I gotta be a fundamentalist and believe the Bible is literally true and believe that Jesus is the only way to God, and all other religions are false and of Satan, etc. Come on man. Those aren't reasonable. They are too extreme. Reasonable thinking men don't usually go for all that unless they are brainwashed.

I don't think God is as unreasonable as you. I don't think God is a fundamentalist. Look at the world around you. There is a variety of nature, plants and animals, marine wildlife, colors, landscapes, terrain, etc. God seems to love variety and beauty. He even created different races. There are millions of species of life. If God is so broad minded and loves variety like this, why would he be suddenly so closed minded as to make only ONE religion true while the rest false? That would not be consistent with his character. Think about it. Use your head. I don't think a God capable of such intelligent design beyond our comprehension is as narrow minded as you think he is.

I explained all this in another thread about why Jesus isn't the only way to God and gave 5 reasonable reasons for it. You never addressed all the arguments I made.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=31994

You were saved in 2015? lol. What were you doing before? What were you doing in the 1980's when I was into the same religion as you? lol. Geez. I knew it. I was a Christian long before you. You are just a spiritual baby. I've evolved far past you since the early 1990's. You got a long way to go as a truth seeker buddy. I've been where you are at now. I know what you think and believe. I can even predict what you're gonna say before you say it, because I used to think like you, back in the late 1980's. I'm way past you bud.

Look. I've researched all sides. Right now I'm just trying to take a REASONABLE middle ground in all this. One that acknowledges valid points on all sides, including your side. That's more than you can say for most people. I don't think God will fault me for taking a middle ground and being REASONABLE. It's the most fair and objective position. God would probably do the same if he were me. Unless of course, we are all part of God, as New Agers and Hindus say. We can't rule that out either.
Check out my fun video clips in Russia and video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 20th, 2018, 1:40 am

More female testimonies of going from New Age to Jesus.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama » January 20th, 2018, 1:51 am

Winston wrote:
January 20th, 2018, 1:32 am
Adama,
Geez man. At least I'm not an atheist. Why don't you compliment that or applaud that? Geez. You are asking for too much. It's already great that I believe in God and acknowledge that Christianity has some real power to change lives and create answered prayers and miracles. That's more than you can say for most. Come on. Today most western men tend to be atheists. At least I'm not as dumb as them. Don't you appreciate that?

I think if someone believes in God and does good things and has decent morals, honor and integrity, that's enough. That's more than you can say for most modern Americans. If I were God I would be glad about that. It's plenty and reasonable.

But that's not enough for you. I gotta be a fundamentalist and believe the Bible is literally true and believe that Jesus is the only way to God, and all other religions are false and of Satan, etc. Come on man. Those aren't reasonable. They are too extreme. Reasonable thinking men don't usually go for all that unless they are brainwashed.

I don't think God is as unreasonable as you. I don't think God is a fundamentalist. Look at the world around you. There is a variety of nature, plants and animals, marine wildlife, colors, landscapes, terrain, etc. God seems to love variety and beauty. He even created different races. There are millions of species of life. If God is so broad minded and loves variety like this, why would he be suddenly so closed minded as to make only ONE religion true while the rest false? That would not be consistent with his character. Think about it. Use your head. I don't think a God capable of such intelligent design beyond our comprehension is as narrow minded as you think he is.

I explained all this in another thread about why Jesus isn't the only way to God and gave 5 reasonable reasons for it. You never addressed all the arguments I made.

You were saved in 2015? lol. What were you doing before? What were you doing in the 1980's when I was into the same religion as you? lol. Geez. I knew it. I was a Christian long before you. You are just a spiritual baby. I've evolved far past you since the early 1990's. You got a long way to go as a truth seeker buddy. I've been where you are at now. I know what you think and believe. I can even predict what you're gonna say before you say it, because I used to think like you, back in the late 1980's. I'm way past you bud.

Look. I've researched all sides. Right now I'm just trying to take a REASONABLE middle ground in all this. One that acknowledges valid points on all sides, including your side. That's more than you can say for most people. I don't think God will fault me for taking a middle ground and being REASONABLE. It's the most fair and objective position. God would probably do the same if he were me. Unless of course, we are all part of God, as New Agers and Hindus say. We can't rule that out either.
It is apparent to me, Winston, that some men are so wise in their own conceit that they truly believe that their way is God's way. They think they are as wise as or even wiser than God. So they think that God must truly be following their wisdom. Some of them even brag about how awesomely wise and open minded they are, when really they are just bragging about how they think they are smarter than God. Just astonishing.

I even know a man who brags on when he thinks he got saved, as if that means he's wiser than me, when he really doesn't know anything about God. Yet this man has no knowledge, no understanding, and has forsaken all wisdom to walk in utter blasphemy almost daily.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama » January 20th, 2018, 2:04 am

Winston wrote:
January 20th, 2018, 1:32 am
Adama,

There's no reason to respond. It is evident to all believers. If a person is unable to believe that Christ is the only way to heaven, then that man is doomed. It really is that simple.

Now can I prove it to you? Do you think I have some supernatural powers? Either believe it or not. But for all those who've failed to believe, they are doomed. It really is simple. And it isn't like believing in Christ costs something from the person. It is free. It is a choice: believe and be saved, or refuse to believe and face damnation.

Why? Because when a person believes in Christ, then Christ will pay the price for their sins and impute onto them His righteousness which makes them worthy to enter into everlasting life to live with Him in purity without sin. This is a FREE gift. There's nothing a person does to earn this, except place their faith in Christ.

Without believing in Christ, the price for that person's sins will not be covered, because salvation is only offered to those who simply believe.

If a person dies without having ever believed in Christ, then that person has refused life eternal.

Now can I prove this to you? No, that's why FAITH IS REQUIRED! God expects us to place faith in His Son. If there were definitive proof, other than creation itself, then there would be no faith required. If you can see something you don't need faith to believe in it.

Take note that the only thing God requires is faith in His Son. It is free to believe. And once a person believes, God may give that person personal revelations. A believer will see God working for him. Unbelievers will just see coincidence because they are in darkness and blindness.