"Rock with Winston" in the Philippines!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

swincor,
Piss off. I'm not fat because of my vegetarian diet. I'm fat cause there's no nice place to walk in Angeles City and because 90 percent of the food here is junk and unhealthy.

A vegetarian diet has done a lot for me. It's cleaned my karma, allowed my mind, soul and intellect to be clear, and kept me looking younger than my age. Up until I was about 33 or 34, 99 percent of people said I look far younger than my age. Even today, some people still think I look to be in my late 20's. I swear I am not making that up.

It's well known that vegetarians tend to look younger than their age.

Anyway, your last post sucks ass, so I will remove it. One more lame post like that, and I'll delete your account and erase all your posts with a click of a button...
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is Rock's trip report of Angeles City that he posted in another thread.

Rock:
"Wow guys, this thread is depressing. PI has been the darling Happier Abroad destination on this forum for so long and now some are looking underneath the surface and discovering that its not so perfect after all.

I've been kicking around Angeles P4P district for several days now and have ventured a bit into more normal areas and venues as well. When you visit a new place for the first time, perceptions can be a yo-yo of ups and downs.

1. In normal areas of Angeles, people seem polite, easygoing and relaxed. But I don't feel special or particularly noticed. It contrasts strongly with visit a few months ago to Shekou area of Shenzhen where I did feel a bit special as a Chinese speaking foreigner. I mean in just a few days, I had conversations with over 20 strangers. I remember going into a Subway sandwich shop, ordering in local language, and getting friendly attention from staff plus another customer (young female teacher) who invited me to sit down and join her. At the bank where I opened my account, the young female account executive was very friendly and warm to me. Ironically, when a young Filipino couple came to open an account and she asked me to help translate, they were both pretty frosty when I tried to make small talk with them about the Philippines and my visits there. This was in spite of the help I gave them. In general, I so far don't feel anymore comfortable approaching strangers here than in China. But I haven't tried much yet so that impression may change.

2. P4P industry is very small compared to Patts. But so far, attitude seems generally a lot better. The girls seem to having fun at work, even among themselves when no customers are around. The bars and people are not at all pushy except for the touts on the streets peddling assorted items. Bargirls seem to be regulated by the government and get tested every week. They all have several ID cards with various info hanging from their necks. Most bars have a few "Cherry Girls" who are virgins. They can go out with customers too but no sex, just some intimacy at best. On the grounders like Winston say the attitude has gotten a lot worse since 2008 or so. But it still seems quite good to me. In many ways, I reckon Angeles is a throwback to Patts 15 years ago. The bars are simpler and not so glitzy and Vegas like. The girl to customer ratio is much higher. Girls seem to seldom reject customers unlike Patts where LT expats will tell you its very common for the less attractive guys at least. Girls who stand outside are generally friendly and sweet and can go in the bar and sit with an interested customer. In many Patts bars, those door girls are just unfriendly no-touch eye-candy to entice you in. Girls seem to be less calculating, just going with the flow and doing what they are supposed to be doing instead of strategically maximizing their incomes.

3. Quality so far is better than expected. Average age seems much lower than in Thai too. But girls are generally quite short. In Thailand, the tallest 2 or 3 girls in the bar will generally be 5'8" to 5'9". Here it seems to be 5'5" to 5'6" if you are lucky. Ladyboys have flooded a lot of areas in Thai P4P venues including bars. In Angeles, they seem to be much less numerous and very well segregated, certainly none in the bars. If you walk-up and down Fields long enough, you are going to see few stunners. I've made note of 2 so far - one I talked to and the other with an older white foreign boyfriend but I managed to get the lowdown on her from a local I had help me out. The one I talked to - 5'8", very classy looking with a super cute face, and slim but curvy body, perfect skin, looked about 20 but was actually 25, definitely not in line with the stereotype we discussed before. The other was simply gorgeous - 5'9", slim but with wide hips, beautiful class looking face, lighter skin, would be a dream girl for Korean guys. Anyway, I found out she used to work in a bar (for about 1 year) but the guy with her became her boyfriend so she quit dancing and became a head waitress at one of the other bars, not going at all with customers. One of her former colleagues told me she was extremely popular because of her height and beauty but was still a very nice person. A lot of the bar people have been very open and nice without expecting anything in return.

4. Fields is small enough that if you spend any amount of time there (over 2 or 3 weeks) you're going to start being recognized by everyone. You will be very visible and they will all figure you out. After my first two days, the touts and flower girls have been practically ignoring me cus they know I'm not a buyer.

5. I've had discussions with 3 experienced guys - Winston, Lad, and P (an Aussie guy who's been going to both Thai and PI since the 80s and has mixed children in both). Impression I get is that unlike Taiwan, Thailand, or even parts of China, there is virtually no casual fun segment of girls. They are either bargirls or conservative types who need to be courted several months with a view towards marriage. You can cheat them by pretending but if you do, you will cause damage and hurt. But, I did meet a 22 year old girl in McDonalds (not very pretty but fairly tall) who was a nursing student. She claimed to have never made friends w/foreigners in person (only Filipinos) except for a couple uncles and a lot of Facebook friends. Anyway, she was open to touching and casual fun (except sex) with no strings attached. It remains up for discussion by old hands like Mr. S as to whether or not the tall urban light skinned classy types (my favorite by far) are at all available for serious westerners who put in all the effort and work. Lad hypothesizes that to go for those types, you have to play the numbers game, knock on a bunch of doors and see wht you end up with.

To be continued as I finish out this trip and have more ups and downs."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

I've had a couple discussions with Diane, Winston's 'significant other'.

She has a sharp side to her, is observant, and I think she knows well what's really going on regarding interactions between locals and foreigners. When needed, she can be sly and I think she could be a great 'consultant' to foreigners wishing to find a serious girlfriend here. Like many other poor countries with a well developed foreign oriented P4P and/or marriage industry, PI sounds like a minefield for such guys. And just because the girl you meet is not connected with bar industry does not guarantee she is with you for the right reasons. A switched-on local like Diane could read the person well in the early stages of your courtship and give you a confidential report.

If a guy is serious about finding a girl or girls in PI, I would recommend he use the following resources from Winston's site:

1. Read Larry Elterman's book for a fairly comprehensive view of life options available with PI and its girls.

2. Consult with Ladislav to get inspiration and a positive spin on things. He speaks 2 local languages fluently (Diane told me he speaks Tagalog better than she does) and has done things most other foreigners haven't come close to. But IMO, he is a bit biased in favor of this country given his own personal preferences.

3. PM or publicly initiate a discussion with Mr. S regarding your specific situation. He is very no-nonsense, specific, and does not seem to sugar coat things. He also seems to have excellent general knowledge of people her including middle and upper classes and like Lad, is in a position to compare and contrast this country and its people to Thailand.

4. Convince Winston and Diane to offer some sort of consulting service or at least put together an ebook about the locals and foreign-filipina dating. Diane has 2 important advantages that you can't get from 1-3 above - a. she's a woman, b. she's local.

More to write later.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Look what I changed the title of this thread to:

"Rock with Winston" in the Philippines!

Great pun huh? lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That's an excellent idea Rock. Thanks for personally vouching for Dianne and her potential. I've expanded more upon our idea for her here:

viewtopic.php?t=10085

Check it out.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Unfortunately, Rock's Taiwanese girlfriend suddenly arrived in the Philippines (she has money to fly anywhere), so he had to end his exploring of the bars and become a "goody two shoes" boyfriend again. lol

They are now in Subic and enjoying recreational activities such as scuba diving.

Oh well...

The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
Unfortunately, Rock's Taiwanese girlfriend suddenly arrived in the Philippines (she has money to fly anywhere), so he had to end his exploring of the bars and become a "goody two shoes" boyfriend again. lol

They are now in Subic and enjoying recreational activities such as scuba diving.

Oh well...

If I had the money, going on a trip with you would seem like a good idea!
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Rock just came to Angeles again. This time he was looking at investing in condos. But some of my friends discouraged him from it.

Rock is very engaging and we get along well because he is titilated at watching my antics and actions while I live my life my way. lol

You should see how we make each other laugh. lol

Anyway, while we were out, I have never seen so many young foreign guys in Angeles. Maybe it's because of Summer season. I don't know. But if tons of young foreign guys keep coming, then Angeles is ruined as a hot spot for P4P.

We've also noticed that most expats in Angeles are either loud obnoxious macho types, or cold silent types. Both types are weird to me. You will not usually find the soft spoken bookworm type of expat in Angeles. lol

Anyway, Rock will come back later this month. If any of you will be in the area and want to meet up, let us know.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
Rock just came to Angeles again. This time he was looking at investing in condos. But some of my friends discouraged him from it.

Rock is very engaging and we get along well because he is titilated at watching my antics and actions while I live my life my way. lol

You should see how we make each other laugh. lol

Anyway, while we were out, I have never seen so many young foreign guys in Angeles. Maybe it's because of Summer season. I don't know. But if tons of young foreign guys keep coming, then Angeles is ruined as a hot spot for P4P.

We've also noticed that most expats in Angeles are either loud obnoxious macho types, or cold silent types. Both types are weird to me. You will not usually find the soft spoken bookworm type of expat in Angeles. lol

Anyway, Rock will come back later this month. If any of you will be in the area and want to meet up, let us know.
1. I like condos in tourist areas of Bangkok, Rio, and Angeles. The low cost P4P industry hardly has any low season and as time passes, these areas tend to grow and prices go up as men in the developed world get increasingly frustrated with their own girls. For condo and hotel owners in these areas who get in cheap, that means high and consistent cash yields.

2. This is low season in Angeles. Yet the bars and hotels were as packed as ever. And as Winston mentioned, many young guys were participating as well. Winston's "Happier Abroad" movement is becoming too popular. When the girls are swarmed guys, they get bitchy and picky. Before you know it, they won't be much different than the ones you escaped from at home. Supply demand is shifting in their favor. For you old guys who wanna have fun, find a low profile place with cheap attractive girls, pay like paupers, and keep it secret. If word gets out, you will soon be competing with good looking guys one third or one fourth your age. Is that really what you want?

3. When walking down Fields Ave., Winston will go up to the door girls he likes, tell them "you are very maganda', and start mauling them aggressively by touching and feeling them up like he wants to consume them. Its hilarious watching their facial expressions and body language as some guy outta nowhere does this. And after he's gotten his fill, he usually doesn't even enter the bar.

4. Winston has a Vietnamese American buddy who looks like he could be his brother but has a completely different personalty. The guy acts all bravado and hip and likes to talk big. Winston got into a drawn out debate with one of this guys buddies - similar personality type - which was great entertainment. Winston told this guy he is an an intellectual and the guy responded that intellectuals don't brag to others. That got Winston going and he pulled out his 3 point comparison and complimentary quotes about by others he's collected.

5. One problem with Angeles is that only about 1% of the P4P girls are very attractive and tall enough, IMO. And these girls are typically picked-off very early and hard to get access too. Some of them don't go with customers or are very picky too. For example, one girl Winston sat with in Typhoon fit this category. I went into that bar the next day at 6:20 pm (beginning of shift) and some young Korean guy had already snagged her and within a few minutes, barfined her out.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote: Anyway, while we were out, I have never seen so many young foreign guys in Angeles. Maybe it's because of Summer season. I don't know. But if tons of young foreign guys keep coming, then Angeles is ruined as a hot spot for P4P.
2. This is low season in Angeles. Yet the bars and hotels were as packed as ever. And as Winston mentioned, many young guys were participating as well. Winston's "Happier Abroad" movement is becoming too popular. When the girls are swarmed guys, they get bitchy and picky. Before you know it, they won't be much different than the ones you escaped from at home. Supply demand is shifting in their favor. For you old guys who wanna have fun, find a low profile place with cheap attractive girls, pay like paupers, and keep it secret. If word gets out, you will soon be competing with good looking guys one third or one fourth your age. Is that really what you want?

...it'd be hypocritical to tell men that American/Anglo/Western/etc women suck, don't date them, girls abroad are hotter/better but don't come over because we don't want the competition.

I'd encourage everyone who is able, to go abroad at earliest opportunity to see and experience the world. It can be a visit, vacation, study abroad, volunteer work, missionary work, employment, backpacking, riding a motorcycle through South America, whatever. The world is a smaller place today and building an international profile to your career resume is a good thing. But if someone would prefer to spend his time visiting prostitutes, then that's his choice.

A good fishermen is quiet about his secret spots, and don't brag about his catch. If you want to hold up your stringer of trout to show off, then don't expect to keep your favorite spot a secret.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That black guy I was arguing with also claims that "looks don't matter, it's all about confidence" and that every Filipina secretly fantasizes about being with a black guy. He would not listen to reason. I told him that there was a thread on this forum about the "myth of confidence" which completely debunks that with brilliant points and logic, yet he was not interested.

In fact, if you Google "myth of confidence" you will find the brilliant thread here about it as one of the top hits, along with a few other articles that debunk this myth.

I told you before, many guys and expats are dicks and know it alls and do not listen to reason or examine contrary evidence to their beliefs. They are not pleasant people to be around, and not cute either, so what's the point of hanging with them?

That's why I usually prefer female friends, even for casual hang out friendship (not just for sex/dating). They do not do that macho talk, are more down to earth, more relaxed, and are also prettier to look at. :) I don't usually hang with guys unless they are rational and intelligent and have a pleasant personality.

I hate how when guys are together, they do that macho talk. It makes me feel invalidated, like being nice has no value. And the behavior is totally illogical to me too. I am turned off by it and can not play along with it. But when there is a girl around, they tone it down and act more polite. Weird.

If any of you ever seen army movies like "Full Metal Jacket" or "Platoon", you can see what I mean about the crazy silly way that guys act when they are grouped together. I've always hated it. Maybe it means I am more feminine? I don't know. But acting macho with raging testosterone has never seemed logical or civil to me, but very animalistic and barbaric and uncomfortable too. I don't understand people. They are so f***ing weird to me.

Thank goodness that Rock is not like that though. He is much more civil, easy going, relaxed, authentic, sincere, and gets off on watching me and listening to me. He can discuss deep culture with Ladislav, or existentialist topics with me. He is not a typical macho type. And his personality is easy to get along with. Not many guys are like that.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock also noted that of all the many countries he's been to, Filipino street peddlers were the most "in your face" he's ever seen. It's like they have no respect for boundaries at all.

Rock, when did you say you were coming back here again?

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock also noted that of all the many countries he's been to, Filipino street peddlers were the most "in your face" he's ever seen. It's like they have no respect for boundaries at all.

Rock, when did you say you were coming back here again?
Actually I need to qualify that. Indian tailor touts in Pattaya are sometimes worse or at least they were 2-3 years ago.

And the beggars and some roaming vendors in Rio and Cartagena are much worse or at least they were several years ago. Some of these guys would grab onto to you aggressively and practically try to mug on the spot. Only defense sometimes was to jump back, position into a fighting stance, and warn them to keep a distance and don't touch.

Planning to go back after July 20 or so.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock,
Next time you come, maybe I can take you to EDSA Complex in Manila and Burgos St. in Makati. The girls in the bars there are of higher calibre than in AC and taller too. It'd be fun to show you around there. Mr S used to take me there a lot. Maybe he can join us.

Btw, Steve Neese, our Research Specialist, and forum member DarrenFW (both of them are from Texas and have met) are coming to AC next month. You might miss them, but it'd be nice if you could meet them too.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock,
Next time you come, maybe I can take you to EDSA Complex in Manila and Burgos St. in Makati. The girls in the bars there are of higher calibre than in AC and taller too. It'd be fun to show you around there. Mr S used to take me there a lot. Maybe he can join us.

Btw, Steve Neese, our Research Specialist, and forum member DarrenFW (both of them are from Texas and have met) are coming to AC next month. You might miss them, but it'd be nice if you could meet them too.
Yea, I've read a bit about EDSA. It sounds somewhat like Nana Plaza in Bangkok. According to the account I reviewed, the girls there are colder and more business like than the ones from Angeles. Some of the metro Manila MPs sound pretty good too, especially for girl quality. Any experience with Air Force One or Flight 168?